Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

CANADA

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 15th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Stuart123321
Hookah Nut

Default CANADA

hey all fellow Canadians i was just wondering how you get your shisha's. Do you buy online? or from a store ? How much are you paying at a store ? and how much do all the customs cost when the shisha finaly arrives ? Im paying $25 for Nakhla and AF is here for $40. Soex is 5.
Thanks for your help!

stuart123321
Go CANADA!

Last edited by Stuart123321; August 15th, 2009 at 10:41 PM.
Old August 15th, 2009, 11:39 PM
MindGrind
Hookah Nut

Default Re: CANADA

I buy all my shisha online, as there are no local places near me that sell anything even close to fair prices. I order in quantities of 1kg at a time usually, a lot more and you are more likely to get hit with duties.

A tip is to ask the person shipping to label the parcel as a gift then it usually passes through customs without duties. Most of my orders take 10-14 days to get here from the states.
Old August 16th, 2009, 12:24 AM
Dakins
Hookah Pro

My orders usually take about 10 days to arrive and I usually don't get hit by customs since most vendors are smart enough not to write TOBACCO in big red letters on the declaration slip. So yeah, no additional costs for the most part. Except when I order hookahs; the large, heavy boxes get inspected every time and then I have to pay import fees + taxes + $5 to pay the guy who opened up my package (lol wut?).

Best way to know if you can trust your vendor is to email them and ask them how they treat their neighbors from up north. Marking the package as a gift doesn't change a thing, really. If the customs agent knows it's tobacco, he'll charge you no matter what.

TL;DR Buy your hookah from a local shop, import the tobaccy from the land of Uncle Sam.

It's a tough life wrestling with bears, clubbing seals and carrying fish back to our igloos every day. Those import fees are not making things easier for us canucks :(

Last edited by Dakins; August 16th, 2009 at 12:28 AM.
Old August 16th, 2009, 03:22 AM
cademars
Banned

I live in Edmonton & we have quite a large middle eastern/muslim community here so finding a store really is no problem when it comes to selling shisha pipes. It has really caught on in the past few years...now you see everyone selling them. Yes here too the tobacco is expensive...$25 for a measly 50g box. But I found a place that sells a 250g box for $25.
Old August 16th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Stuart123321
Hookah Nut

yeah so all of your prices are similar to mine. I ve been wantin to buy online i just dont want to get hit with custums and have to pay double what i thought i was paying at the start. I think im going to have to order online soon though because i want to try starbuzz and other tobaccos like that so badly and up here i can only get nakhla.
Old August 16th, 2009, 11:32 AM
texashookah
**~ Supporting Vendor ~**

We ship to Canada via USPS. UPS and FedEx tend to look at international packages more carefully so we stopped using them. Average shipping is around $30-$60 depending on weight.
Old August 16th, 2009, 12:30 PM
MindGrind
Hookah Nut

I agree with the USPS statement, that's how I've always gotten my orders sent to me. The only time I've ever been charged extra duties is when I've ordered a new hookah. The extra size and weight of the box just screams for them to open it lol
Old August 16th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Dakins
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by texashookah View Post
We ship to Canada via USPS. UPS and FedEx tend to look at international packages more carefully so we stopped using them. Average shipping is around $30-$60 depending on weight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindGrind View Post
I agree with the USPS statement, that's how I've always gotten my orders sent to me. The only time I've ever been charged extra duties is when I've ordered a new hookah. The extra size and weight of the box just screams for them to open it lol
What they said.
Old August 16th, 2009, 03:02 PM
cademars
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart123321 View Post
yeah so all of your prices are similar to mine. I ve been wantin to buy online i just dont want to get hit with custums and have to pay double what i thought i was paying at the start. I think im going to have to order online soon though because i want to try starbuzz and other tobaccos like that so badly and up here i can only get nakhla.
Yea for some reason I can only find Nakhla also. I'm telling you if a guy up here would open a shisha-only store and sell all the good brand pipes & different types of tobac they would make a fortune! I mean we do have a few of those "head shops" that sell b*ngs and hookahs but they are only chinese crap sold by a bunch of stoned out teenagers.

Last edited by cademars; August 16th, 2009 at 03:06 PM.
Old August 16th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Stuart123321
Hookah Nut

i have a few arabic shops down here because theres alot of arabs here but they only sell cheap egyptions, or Agers chinease hookahs. The Ager tend to smoke realy well tho so i have no complaints about that haha
Old August 16th, 2009, 04:24 PM
MindGrind
Hookah Nut

I only have a couple of shops to choose from but all of which sell hookahs as a second alternative. In which case is all VERY cheap Chinese ones with the worst Shisha's like Soex and the rare place has Nakhla (at $29.99 for 250g). Even coals don't get better then 3Kings/Golden QLs.

Pretty much forces me to buy online, where I save a lot of money and get what I want.
Old August 21st, 2009, 01:44 PM
yamalube
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cademars View Post
I live in Edmonton & we have quite a large middle eastern/muslim community here so finding a store really is no problem when it comes to selling shisha pipes. It has really caught on in the past few years...now you see everyone selling them. Yes here too the tobacco is expensive...$25 for a measly 50g box. But I found a place that sells a 250g box for $25.
where is it that sells the 250g for 25$?

-thanks
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook