Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Problems....

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 18th, 2009, 03:07 AM
K-Squared
Hookah Newbie

Default Problems....

Guys im having problems with my phunnel bowl. I burn the shisha damn near every time i smoke some how. i know i dont over pack it so i dont know whats going on. Am i making my holes too big? Also i dont get very good clouds from it either. Would some variation of a scalli mod help the clouds? Also for some reason when i am taking a hit, the bubbles or something make the bowl vibrate. is that normal. sorry for all the questions but i just got my km and im not too used to it yet.

thanks in advance.
Old August 18th, 2009, 04:59 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006
Default Re: Problems....

what phunnel are you using? is it the tangiers one? also what brand do you usual pack, and how many coals do you use?

Last edited by patelbadboy2006; August 18th, 2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old August 18th, 2009, 08:02 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Yes. Please tell us the pertinent information like tobacco and coal brand. Also quantity of both. You may be very sure you are not over packing but frankly I have no evidence either way. What kind of foil? You asked about the holes but I don't know how big the holes you are making actually are or their placement/frequency.

I see a lot of people that just started with hookah or even a new bowl and are convinced they have the perfect packing method. When you start at that point and try every other option and variation but there is still an "inexplicable" burning problem then you are left with an answer that they don't believe it could possibly be. So it must be some kind of gremlin screwing up their sessions.

Stupid hookah gremlin. That guy sucks.
Old August 18th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Shushyne4np2ne
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Shushyne4np2ne Send a message via Yahoo to Shushyne4np2ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post

Stupid hookah gremlin. That guy sucks.

Indeed.

Old August 18th, 2009, 03:44 PM
K-Squared
Hookah Newbie

Renolyds Wrap HD, 3 CH Natys, AF tobacco,(starbuzz will be ordered soon). 3 ring hole pattern using a thumbtack to poke holes, Real Tangiers small phunnel. I actually used patelbadboy's tutorial to pack af in a phunnel bowl.
Old August 18th, 2009, 03:54 PM
MindGrind
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post

I see a lot of people that just started with hookah or even a new bowl and are convinced they have the perfect packing method...
I've been smoking for almost 2 years and still I believe I'm far from perfect at packing bowls. It's really a science that no one can master, everyone has their own ways.

To believe you have it down perfect, is just denying any possibilities that it can get better.
Old August 18th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Brutus
Hookah Nut

I'd try with two coals, and keeping them on the rim.. Have patience though, takes a few minutes to get it going
Old August 18th, 2009, 03:57 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Squared View Post
Renolyds Wrap HD, 3 CH Natys, AF tobacco,(starbuzz will be ordered soon). 3 ring hole pattern using a thumbtack to poke holes, Real Tangiers small phunnel. I actually used patelbadboy's tutorial to pack af in a phunnel bowl.
Did you pat it down after you packed it also was the shisha well mixed before you packed it?

CH coals do burn hotter then coconara's mayb you need 2 and a windcover on and off

plenty of medium/small holes?
Old August 18th, 2009, 04:03 PM
twoapplesplease
Hookah Guru

sounds like your bowl is loose.use some papper towl to tighten it up.If that don't do the trick try using your egyptian bowl for comparison.And use a tooth pick to poke the holes a thumb tack won't go all the way through the tobaccco.Your probly using to much heat.It could take 10 min for the smoke to get rolling if you start with to much heat sure you can git it smoking right away but your tobacco needs to warm up evenly or you just end up burning the top layer up and then it goes bad and dyes out on you.
Old August 18th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Tookie23
Hookah Newbie

See that grey line? Try rolling up a smaller piece of foil really tight and making a bridge in the center to keep the coals in the right spot etc. etc.

Hope that works for you.

Last edited by Tookie23; August 19th, 2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old August 18th, 2009, 04:12 PM
MindGrind
Hookah Nut

If your bowl is vibrating from the bubbles, then perhaps your bowl is not air tight on the stem. Causing you to have to pull hard to get smoke (in turn burning once you finally get smoke). Try using a better grommet, or use damp paper towel wrapped around the stem then place the bowl on top of that.
Old August 19th, 2009, 01:38 AM
K-Squared
Hookah Newbie

i will try all of this. could the water be a problem as far as the vibrating situation goes? and Patelbadboy, i did mix it very well, yes medium sized holes, and i did lightly pack it down.
Old August 19th, 2009, 04:54 AM
saintrok
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to saintrok

from what ive read u hve a small tangiers phunnel bowl and your using 3 coals which possibly could be too much? my friend has a KM which makes the base vibrate when pulling but we get large clouds.ive still not worked out why it vibrates..get back to us and let us know what the problem was once uve identified it
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook