Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

The Joys of El Gondoul

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 21st, 2009, 03:06 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default The Joys of El Gondoul

Fairly recently my band Aethereus Now! performed at a benefit concert for the rehabilitation of torture victims with a goodly number of heavy/psych/folksy/interesting bands which resulted in me meeting some cool people like Jeff Ross of Alice's Orb, Richard Mason of Red Chair Fadeaway, some woman that sounded a lot like Shirley Souter and some Spanish band that sounded like Gas Giant. Although the concerts had decent attendance they were marred by some yobs fighting and harassing girls and the money raised was less then hoped for so I guess I was fairly disappointed.

Anyhow, after the music died down some college kids pulled out couple of multi hose narghiles and they were joined after a few minutes by Jeff and one of the Spaniards who had a KM but nothing to smoke in it. The college kids were bitching about how horrible the Soex they were smoking tasted so I went out to my car and grabbed another sandwich, a pack of crisps and box of El Gondoul from under my seat and decided to play Father Christmas.

For those that donít know El Gondoul is a Tunisian product that is basically a mix of Indian style Jurak and Arabic Black moassel. Surprisingly the college kids loved it even though they had only smoked fruity washed junk before. My session that night was of my best ever with great conversation in a room filled with an intoxicating mix of spices and tobacco flavours. Getting two hours worth of smoke from a 2 hose rig without the flavour ever going harsh was simply amazing.

After such a great night all I can say is that fruity washed stuff simply canít compete with quality brands like El Gondoul.
Old August 21st, 2009, 03:12 PM
MichaelMassacre
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to MichaelMassacre
Default Re: The Joys of El Gondoul

Wow. Red Chair Fadeaway is such a brilliant classic band. Such a nice style of music. Can't believe Richard Mason was there.

& Sounds like such a nice session that night. I wish I could find that brand. Just googled it, but no luck anywhere around in Seattle/US Online vendors.
Old August 21st, 2009, 03:14 PM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
Fairly recently my band Aethereus Now! performed at a benefit concert for the rehabilitation of torture victims with a goodly number of heavy/psych/folksy/interesting bands which resulted in me meeting some cool people like Jeff Ross of Alice's Orb, Richard Mason of Red Chair Fadeaway, some woman that sounded a lot like Shirley Souter and some Spanish band that sounded like Gas Giant. Although the concerts had decent attendance they were marred by some yobs fighting and harassing girls and the money raised was less then hoped for so I guess I was fairly disappointed.

Anyhow, after the music died down some college kids pulled out couple of multi hose narghiles and they were joined after a few minutes by Jeff and one of the Spaniards who had a KM but nothing to smoke in it. The college kids were bitching about how horrible the Soex they were smoking tasted so I went out to my car and grabbed another sandwich, a pack of crisps and box of El Gondoul from under my seat and decided to play Father Christmas.

For those that donít know El Gondoul is a Tunisian product that is basically a mix of Indian style Jurak and Arabic Black moassel. Surprisingly the college kids loved it even though they had only smoked fruity washed junk before. My session that night was of my best ever with great conversation in a room filled with an intoxicating mix of spices and tobacco flavours. Getting two hours worth of smoke from a 2 hose rig without the flavour ever going harsh was simply amazing.

After such a great night all I can say is that fruity washed stuff simply canít compete with quality brands like El Gondoul.

I swear this forum needs a section dedicated to you and your adventures Hajo! I always look forward to your postings of your interesting life!
Old August 21st, 2009, 06:27 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGPOPPA View Post
I swear this forum needs a section dedicated to you and your adventures Hajo! I always look forward to your postings of your interesting life!
Really, I think you should write a book about your hookah related stories.
Old August 21st, 2009, 06:28 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

Hajo, is this the brand you are talking about !!

Old August 21st, 2009, 06:29 PM
MichaelMassacre
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to MichaelMassacre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
Hajo, is this the brand you are talking about !!

Yeah thats the only picture that I could find lol
Old August 21st, 2009, 06:33 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

I think it is not availavle in the US !! I've checked many websites and nobody seems to carry it.
Old August 21st, 2009, 09:14 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Yep, it's that stuff in the picture. Lately i've really gotten into El Kif and El Gondoul to the point that they are crowding out DM which I never thought would happen. I think that it never shows up in the states since I never saw it when I was there. I basically mail order mine from Tunisia at a shocking cost.

I am glad you guys like my little (mis)adventures although I haven't written up any of the more outrageous ones and some of my buddies have stories that make mine seem like a day in an office cubicle.

Mike, it's really great to see that someone else knows about Red Chair Fadeaway since they are one of my favorite bands that have a female vocalist. I've also gotten to like Dandelion Wine (Tim Vass's newer band) and Silly Love (which has Souter on vocals) and tripsichord music box when I get nostalgic for stuff that I missed when it was new.

It was super to share the stage with Jeff Ross and finding that college kids from another country liked an old band of mine that never really went anywhere. Life is odd that way.

The aftermath of the show was helped along by homemade small casks of Sula (Lithuanian ale made with Birch sap) and Gira ( a Lithuanian bread ale with almost no alcohol) for the kids that I dragged out. The sense of community sitting around talking to the college kids & Spaniards that shared my passions of narghiles, music and help for torture victims was really amazing. Sorta weird that it happened after the concert just spontaneously but well I suppose that unplanned things can be cool even though they usually aren't.

I hope you guys get to have as nice an evening/night/morn as I did with as much cool music to help it all along.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook