Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Ed Hardy Shisha...Seriously?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 23rd, 2009, 12:59 AM
imthatguy
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: Ed Hardy Shisha...Seriously?

does anyone know if the ed hardy on the hookahs is printed or if they are stickers
Old August 23rd, 2009, 01:05 AM
TheGirlfriend
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to TheGirlfriend

You know what. What he did, regardless if you like it or not, was a great business move. He went from just making it to being rich. You would have done the same thing. Yes he is a sell out but who isn't that is famous. All of your mainstream bands. And all of your bands that aren't would love to be. Point is, the man is an artist and all artists want to be famous to some point.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 01:25 AM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGirlfriend View Post
You know what. What he did, regardless if you like it or not, was a great business move. He went from just making it to being rich. You would have done the same thing. Yes he is a sell out but who isn't that is famous. All of your mainstream bands. And all of your bands that aren't would love to be. Point is, the man is an artist and all artists want to be famous to some point.
I really have no problem with the artist or his artwork, I just feel that by spreading yourself EVERYWHERE that it cheapens your name and the brand image. I mean I just feel that doing hookah stuff is taking it a bit over the top.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 09:18 AM
Shushyne4np2ne
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Shushyne4np2ne Send a message via Yahoo to Shushyne4np2ne

Ed Hardy designs are extremely low quality. I cannot stand to see 13 year old Rhianna-loving kids wearing Ed Hardy shirts and stuff.... Ed Hardy is an inferior brand and the artist that created it is an idiot. Bring back Sailor Jerry. At least they weren't trendy bubblegum frat boy tattoos. I'm sorry, but I'm just so sick of Ed Hardy, his crappy merch and his idiotic designs.

Old August 23rd, 2009, 12:09 PM
scoobyhookah
Hookah Newbie

maybe im lost but the vendor is bad for selling Ed Hardy shisha? maybe that vendor is offering variety?? I know when I want a certain brand I like to see a vendor that has it all ......Kinda strange I do agree but Ed Hardy shisha?? I guess they dont want to leave us hookah lovers with out ha ha Next is what Louis Vuitton shisha?? No, I doubt that....perhaps we are stereotyped into being crazy tattoo smoking hookah nuts.....
Old August 23rd, 2009, 12:20 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookahman1988 View Post
Supposedly made by Starbuzz, $34.95 for 250g or $24.95 for the herbal stuff. I think I'd rather spend my money on a kilo of Nakhla. I'd post a link but I saw it on you know who's site (figures)... I don't know about you but seeing this kind of thing really irks me, bastardizing something that is rooted deeply in a culture and society because people now think its hip and trendy to do. I feel that this is just as bad as when cigarette companies flooded the media with the idea that people that smoke cigarettes are cool, trendy, rebellious, hip, athletic, etc... I really don't know what else to say to this so I'm just going to sit here and shake my head is disgust at the level sombody has fallen to just to make a buck.
Wow, what a deal! $35 for dyed tobacco cooked until it has no taste at all before being drowned in water, glycerin and cheap candy flavouring compounds! It even comes in a tin with a designer logo on it! It can't get any better then that!

Last edited by Hajo Flettner; August 23rd, 2009 at 12:40 PM.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 12:39 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGirlfriend View Post
It seems like it's a bit early to see if Ed Hardy shisha is a great business move. If a year or two down the road Ed has booming sales then yeah, we can say it's a big success. Even if it is a success in terms of making money selling crap to trendy idiots with an established brand is hardly anything to be proud of. I don't think Ed is much of an artist but rather a maker of schlock that discovered with enough hype and distribution you can sell lots of overpriced junk to millions of sheeple.

As to band that aren't mainstream wanting to be i'd say that is far from true at times. If a band wants to be commercially successful they would make commercially viable music and act in a way that the music industry finds easily marketable. Bands that don't try to be commercial generally are not interested in commercial success. I recall one band I used to know being offered a big, fat major label deal if they would have a girl in the band slut it up and a get a more rad looking drummer. The band turned them down. A band I was in got offered a pretty good ride from a nearly major label but they wanted to mold our image into something else and re-record our music to make it more heavily produced and sacrifice fidelity. We told them to piss off. Lots of people make the same sort of decision every day. Sometimes the cost getting big bucks is simply too high.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 01:06 PM
texashookah
**~ Supporting Vendor ~**

Wow..a little hurt by hookahman1988's comment. Yeah we are planning on carrying it. We try to carry any new product that hits the market, and Ed Hardy shisha and hookahs are new. We will see how it does. It's definitely not a everyday type of smoke. Each tin is going to run anywhere from $29.99-39.99. Mostly just something for people that are into name brand things. And there is a small market for people who are into Ed Hardy and smoke hookah. We try to cater to everyone's needs.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 01:38 PM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shushyne4np2ne View Post
Bring back Sailor Jerry.

Much love man. I just bought a bottle of his spiced rum yesterday too. Cheers.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 02:15 PM
Ghostc4
Hookah Newbie

Regardless of him being a sell out and all that other crap, 35$ for 250 is way to much.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 03:00 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

i was concerned with hookahmann's comment as well. i'd hate to lose his respect. if i may from a vendor's pov, we try and carry things that will make us $$$ obviously that's why we are in business. also, we carry a variety so that everyone will shop from us not just a few. now there are standards and lines some vendors won't cross. i was thinking the same way as most of you about this EH shisha, basically, it's a joke, how good can it be? For $35 it better make my life better somehow. i bet it's mediocre at best. (i need to try it before i judge) however, why should i not carry it? there are some folks who will want it, no?
At first I thought no way I will carry this product but after thinking about it over this weekend I am changing my mind.

I don't know much about the brand other than their hats and glasses looked cool for about 5 minutes until all of the suburban moms in my neighborhood started to where them to school while dropping off their kids. I'm not cooler or better than anyone else but it was something I would get a nice chuckle out of.

I guess my 2 points are from a business standpoint I would be dumb not to carry it, just get a bit, not a ton. and Secondly, I know what I smoke and am comfortable with it and I don't force what I like down anyone's throat whether it be a pal or a customer.

my 3 cents,
John
Old August 23rd, 2009, 04:32 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

As a former vendor (well, a cafe owner actually) I understand the need to carry what people will and often that is stuff that you don't like that much. However, I expect a vendor to not carry pure crap since I feel best about vendors that carry stuff they know to be good quality even if it doesn't suit them personally. One reason why I respect you as a vendor is that you declined to carry an Indian rig you felt had quality issues even though you thought you could have sold some. Like wise I know that a huge market exists for selling crappy Chinese knock offs of Myas, skull hookahs and pipes for use with illegal stuff yet you don't carry any of that crap because you are decent guy.

I suppose that if some one is foolish enough to pay $35 for SB with a tacky design on the outside the temptation to take advantage of the situation is just too great to pass up so I can't fault anyone for doing so. I know a few people that have bought stuff from Texas Hookah and a they are happy with him plus he's a good HPer and anyone that carries DM is good man as far as I am concerned so I respect him. Personally, i'd say to the stupid kid with too much money "hey, why not have have 2 cans of SB rather then 1 can of SB with a different logo for the same price?" I'd guess the kid would be happy, you'd still have his $35 and everyone gets what they want. Sounds better to me then bilking someone just because I can.

Last edited by Hajo Flettner; August 23rd, 2009 at 04:34 PM.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 06:29 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

I know i wouldn't buy one, but i probably know 5 people that would, so im not, not gonna order from a vendor that does carry this, as they are just making a living, and if a person is stupid enough to pay $35 for a tin then they derserve to have a piece of crap tobacco

EDIT: Ment wouldn't

Last edited by patelbadboy2006; August 23rd, 2009 at 08:20 PM.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 06:36 PM
MindGrind
Hookah Nut

I'll never buy this stuff, personally Ed Hardy / Christian Audigier (the actual person behind the brand) are idiots. However I won't judge a vendor for carrying it, they can carry as much stuff as they want, just gives people more options which will bring more business. So whatever works, if a vendor can get away selling this stuff for $35 a tin then power to them!
Old August 23rd, 2009, 08:14 PM
CypherEnigma
Hookah Pro

I just have an issue because some places market it like its better than the SB that it was rebranded from. My issue isn't because a vendor is carrying it but saying that because of the price tag it is inherently better than the other products that it comes from is just a misleading statement to make.
I don't think its bad tobacco. Its just my cup of tea to begin with and I'm defiantly not going to cough up more money for a dressed up tin. Simply putting a new sticker on it doesn't justify the price difference for me.
I could buy an EH shirt or a shirt from Target. They both serve the same purpose and look different but the price difference is enough to deter me from paying the price.
I also don't think that carrying these products makes a vendor worse. Its just another tobacco. If there were known quality issues(which I have yet to hear about) then I'd be more concerned, but as it stands its just simple capitalism at work.

36" Al Falkher Solid - 36" KM Copper Heart Two Hose - 22" Temsah Mini-Wheat(a.k.a. Golden Nugget)
Old August 23rd, 2009, 08:49 PM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
As a former vendor (well, a cafe owner actually) I understand the need to carry what people will and often that is stuff that you don't like that much. However, I expect a vendor to not carry pure crap since I feel best about vendors that carry stuff they know to be good quality even if it doesn't suit them personally. One reason why I respect you as a vendor is that you declined to carry an Indian rig you felt had quality issues even though you thought you could have sold some. Like wise I know that a huge market exists for selling crappy Chinese knock offs of Myas, skull hookahs and pipes for use with illegal stuff yet you don't carry any of that crap because you are decent guy.

I suppose that if some one is foolish enough to pay $35 for SB with a tacky design on the outside the temptation to take advantage of the situation is just too great to pass up so I can't fault anyone for doing so. I know a few people that have bought stuff from Texas Hookah and a they are happy with him plus he's a good HPer and anyone that carries DM is good man as far as I am concerned so I respect him. Personally, i'd say to the stupid kid with too much money "hey, why not have have 2 cans of SB rather then 1 can of SB with a different logo for the same price?" I'd guess the kid would be happy, you'd still have his $35 and everyone gets what they want. Sounds better to me then bilking someone just because I can.
Hajo said it best. John, you would never lose my respect (I don't know who I would order from then), all the products you carry are things that you would use personally or they at least up to your standards. Your not just trying to pass off shitty products as the greatest thing since sliced bread. You ask for feedback on whether to carry a product or not (JMs, HH/HF). Hell you even asked when I talked to last what I thought of the Syrian rig I picked up off of you a few weeks ago. I along with everyone else that lives in the real world know that there are bill to be paid and that the most successful business is the one that can cater to the widest range of customers, from the knot-head hipster smoker to the traditionalist and everyone in between. So by all means if you think you can make an extra buck off this stuff buy selling it to the person that is will to pay more for something that is already over-priced just because it comes in a colorful can. When it really came down to looking at the dollars and cents I would too. Texas Hookah, sorry if I hurt your feelings, I've never ordered from you but like Hajo said anyone that carries DM, something thats about as traditional as you can get in the mass market, really can't be all that bad.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 08:55 PM
vqturbo
Hookah Nut

As much as I hate Ed Hardy and their move into the hookah industry, i'll pick up a tin for haha's but damn 35 is SOOO much for shisha..

Last edited by vqturbo; August 23rd, 2009 at 08:59 PM.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 08:57 PM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypherEnigma View Post
I just have an issue because some places market it like its better than the SB that it was rebranded from. My issue isn't because a vendor is carrying it but saying that because of the price tag it is inherently better than the other products that it comes from is just a misleading statement to make.
I don't think its bad tobacco. Its just my cup of tea to begin with and I'm defiantly not going to cough up more money for a dressed up tin. Simply putting a new sticker on it doesn't justify the price difference for me.
I could buy an EH shirt or a shirt from Target. They both serve the same purpose and look different but the price difference is enough to deter me from paying the price.
I also don't think that carrying these products makes a vendor worse. Its just another tobacco. If there were known quality issues(which I have yet to hear about) then I'd be more concerned, but as it stands its just simple capitalism at work.
I'll also agree with this, my annoyance isn't with the vendors who sell it but the people behind the idea. A price thats about 75% higher because of a special tin just doesn't do it. If the price jump wasnt as high and it was labeled "Ed Hardy Shisha by Starbuzz", kind of like what social smoke did and had some limited edition flavors unique to the line I probably wouldn't have been as irked and just brushed it off.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 08:59 PM
XMiwakoX
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to XMiwakoX Send a message via Yahoo to XMiwakoX

Now theres shisha for douchebags too....
Old August 23rd, 2009, 09:14 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMiwakoX View Post
Now theres shisha for douchebags too....
Ed Hardy has a vinegar and water flavor too?
Old August 23rd, 2009, 10:05 PM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
Ed Hardy has a vinegar and water flavor too?
Yummy!
Old August 23rd, 2009, 10:18 PM
jacerow
Hookah Newbie

This sucks, all Ed Hardy stuff is just crap designs that a 5 year old could draw better.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 10:59 PM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
i saw the shisha today.....sb, with a $35 retail price, oh but wait, you get an tins just like sb's, but wait, with ed hardy logos all over the tin, i just stocked up a crap load, but wait, not to sell to anyone but to keep for myself, this stuff is just too good.....seriously, if i have to stock this stuff one day feel free to kick me in the nuts.
I found this and had to laugh John.
Old August 24th, 2009, 02:30 AM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

i would rather buy a kilo of sweet melon. the price is jacked up 400% (based from nakhla prices) and ed hardy designs don't appeal to me. i work at walgreens and there's ed hardy shit all over the fucking store. the lighters are like $6.99, the folders are $9.99, and the pencil cases are $7.99. even if i was obsessed with ed hardy, there is no way i would buy this.
Old August 24th, 2009, 09:48 AM
ChronicHookah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by *************
i saw the shisha today.....sb, with a $35 retail price, oh but wait, you get an tins just like sb's, but wait, with ed hardy logos all over the tin, i just stocked up a crap load, but wait, not to sell to anyone but to keep for myself, this stuff is just too good.....seriously, if i have to stock this stuff one day feel free to kick me in the nuts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookahman1988 View Post
I found this and had to laugh John.
I knew that would come back. I'll start shopping for cups, you guys can start stretching your hammies now
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook