Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

The Nammor hose hype?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 27th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Brutus
Hookah Nut

Default The Nammor hose hype?

Hello everyone!

So, a couple of weeks ago i received my new big order (KM Tri-Metal, Mya Bambino, Nammor hose, phunnel bowls, loads of shisha and etc.)

My first smoke on the KM, i decided to try the KM hose that came with it (nothing fancy KM ultra hose or w/e its called, just a pretty standard hose), just to get a 100 KM feel, if you know what i mean :P

Anyways, a few sessions with using the KM hose, i decided to try out the wonderful blue Nammor hose that came with it.. Plugged it in, took a draw.. And noticed something wasnt the way it was supposed to be.

The pull is VERY restricted compared to the KM hose, pretty much comparable to the standard mya hose that came with the bambino.

I immediately contacted the place where i bought it, and explained them my problem. They were very sorry, and assumed there was a fault with it (as i did) and send me a replacement hose.

---- THE ACTUAL POINT ----

Today i just received the hose, i was very much looking forward to it, as i've heard so much good about them... First draw i took.. AND THE PULL WAS RESTRICTED AGAIN!

I know there isnt a fault with this one, cause i got the person from the company to check it out himself, while i was talking with him.

Are Nammor hoses really supposed to have this restricted flow? I've heard so much good about them, which is why this really confuses me :S
Old August 27th, 2009, 11:46 AM
vqturbo
Hookah Nut

Default Re: The Nammor hose hype?

I've noticed the same with a couple of my washable hoses, nammor, razan, and caravan's.. Havent tried a Narbish yet, but yes the main reason for them is they are the most free flowing "washable" hoses on the market..
Old August 28th, 2009, 12:09 AM
KillerB
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KillerB Send a message via MSN to KillerB

km hoses are very wide guaged, as are Nammor hoses. KMs sometimes are a bit wider, and I am also unsure about the difference in size between a small nammor and a large nammor. I think it might just eb the handle.... but either way, the wide draw is not the reason why the Razan/Nammor/Narbish are so popular as much as it is the fact that you can wash the hose to get rid of old flavors, and you never have to wprry about anything inside yoru hose rusting up and getting nasty particles in your mouth. throat and lungs.
22" Temsaah Mini-Wheat
Old August 28th, 2009, 12:43 AM
Brutus
Hookah Nut

KillerB

I've got this very ugly, very simple, All plastic hose with my order aswell as a freebie(Think it's like 4 dollars if you buy it), and the draw in that one isnt much worse than the nammor hoses, and that's alot "more" washable

Think i'm gonna rip one of them apart and replace the hose with a bigger one, and see how that turns out ^^
Old August 28th, 2009, 01:33 AM
foibled
Hookah Pro

The restriction in the Razan/Nammor/Narbish hoses is in the acrylic tips. They come with holes ~9/32"-5/16" whereas the inner diameter of the hose is ~1/2". If you are handy with a drill, you can bore them out to improve the draw. Just be careful as the acrylic can crack/chip and the thicknesses at the thinnest points do vary from tip to tip. It's less likely to chip by drilling from both ends of each piece but getting the holes to line up in the middle requires careful and accurate drilling.

My Razan and one of my Narbish hoses have been bored out to ~13/32" at the thinnest point. IMO the improvement is very noticeable.
Old August 28th, 2009, 01:40 AM
myka
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by foibled View Post
The restriction in the Razan/Nammor/Narbish hoses is in the acrylic tips. They come with holes ~9/32"-5/16" whereas the inner diameter of the hose is ~1/2". If you are handy with a drill, you can bore them out to improve the draw. Just be careful as the acrylic can crack/chip and the thicknesses at the thinnest points do vary from tip to tip. It's less likely to chip by drilling from both ends of each piece but getting the holes to line up in the middle requires careful and accurate drilling.

My Razan and one of my Narbish hoses have been bored out to ~13/32" at the thinnest point. IMO the improvement is very noticeable.
Strongly agree. The restriction is in the mouth tips. If you remove the mouth piece from a nammor or narbish and take a pull from just the handle, you will see a big increase in air flow.
Old August 28th, 2009, 02:30 AM
DanyalAkkaya
Hookah Pro

The nammors aren't know for widest gauge or easiest draw, they much like the razans are know for being washable, there are wider hoses out there but they aren't washable. I would much rather prefer the washable ones, I have 2 razans and they treat me well. I think my razan sultan is a bit wider though.
Old August 28th, 2009, 02:35 AM
Brutus
Hookah Nut

Well, the problem isnt in the mouthpiece, it's in the hose-port-thingy if anything..
Old August 28th, 2009, 02:45 AM
Brutus
Hookah Nut

Well mine doent, that's for sure
Old August 28th, 2009, 03:00 AM
cbyerspace
Hookah Nut

the nammor is awsome compaired to most hoses... on your mya you'll see a big diff, but on the km the hose i got with my km was alittle wider than the nammor i had... thats just km for yah, they don't get such good reviews for nothing, but thats what it is there isn't much room for improvement on a stock km... my best smoke sessions are with my km the way it came but i did upgrade the gromets beacuse the stock ones are cheap as hell....

but all and all you have an awsome hose upgrade for you mya, i like having my nammor because its washable, that and the hose isn't as heavy as the km hose so it reduces the tipability alittle...
Old August 28th, 2009, 06:14 AM
naumaan
Hookah Newbie

i just wantd to drop by as i am new but ive heard about this before this may not be the solution but just wantd to ask did u wash it with water and i think lemon juice or baking soda have you tried any of thm jus saw your message so though id give u a reply because whenever you get a new hose alwayz wash it from my exprience thats what i alwayz do
Old August 28th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Brutus
Hookah Nut

Naumaan;

Yes i did wash both of them before using

Cbyerspace;
I agree it's better than the Mya hose, but not by a long shot.. The nammor looks awesome aswell, so thats a huge plus.

Anyways!

I ripped the entire nammor apart, and found out it WAS the actual hose that was the reason for the tight draw. The mouthpiece and hose-port connecter both have a pretty effortless draw.

Now i assembled it again, and even made it so the hose-port piece is detachable, just as the mouthpiece (hot glued a grommet in there, works good and it looks original)
Old August 28th, 2009, 07:48 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

I found it to be a easier draw then mya hoses, but are you expecting just breathing in and getting smoke?
Old August 28th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Brutus
Hookah Nut

#Patel

Yes, I do actually.. Just like my KM hose, except being washable.
Old August 29th, 2009, 01:53 AM
ngraz617
Hookah Nut

The Nammor has a great draw and compared to the Mya hose it's night and day. I put the Nammor and a Vortex on one of my Myas and it was like I had a new hookah. I have been using my KM hose a lot lately and at first I thought it was too easy to draw but I'm used to it now and love it. You wont find a washable hose with a KM draw. When I use my Nammor hose now it takes a minute or less to get used to it but then I love it. A little resistance is ok by me. Give it a chance if you want a washable hose youll start to enjoy it a lot. I sometimes use the Nammor on my KM but never my KM on anything else.
Old August 29th, 2009, 03:13 AM
Brutus
Hookah Nut

Well, i actually did a test, where i would see how long time it would take to blow my lungs capacity of air through each hose.. I know it isnt scientific in any way, but i did alot of tests, and took the average of it, and kinda proves my point;

KM Hose; 1.2 seconds
Nammor hose; 2.4 seconds
Mya hose: 2.9 seconds
Nammor hose with fancy nammor mouthpiece; 3.1 seconds.

Again, not scientific, but you can really see the difference ^^
Old August 29th, 2009, 04:41 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

I'll try the narbish tommorow and il let you know the draw, i love the look of it and am going to upgrade all of my hoses to it
Old August 29th, 2009, 04:55 AM
Brutus
Hookah Nut

Please do Patel, if it's better ill order a few of them immediately!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook