Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

The Stupidest Comments yet on Narghiles

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 30th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default The Stupidest Comments yet on Narghiles

About once a year everyone at my firm that travels extensively has to attend an anti-kidnaping/security seminar. Normally the seminars are fairly boring recounting of info that should be obvious to anyone of average intelligence with the biggest challenge of the weekend being to avoid getting annoyed/amused by the no neck ex-something or other carrying on about how he narrowly avoided becoming a hostage of some wacko Salafists/commie/nazi group no one ever heard of.

The no neck ex-something or other they brought in this year was an American Colonel Blimp
( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonel_Blimp ) sporting a chrome dome, a Kitchener mustache and a strut that would make a peacock look modest. After listening to the usual shuck & jive about being aware of your environment, staying away from rallies/mobs and obeying local customs he launched into the most stunningly stupid comments ever made about narghile use.

He started with the old chestnut that smoking a bowl of the hubbly bubbly was the equivalent of smoking a carton of cigarettes and how he hoped that the World Health Organization will “ban the bane of shisha and save the children of the world” before things got really stupid. He then proceeded to claim that Salafists/ Al Qaeda/Iranian militants have cells all over the world and they all love to smoke shisha pipes “because it puts them a trance as they listen to violent fatwas”. Even worse is that these sneaky jihadists will fool Western businessmen in to thinking that shisha pipes are safe by disguising themselves to “look like moderate Arabs” and then use the intoxicating smoking of the narghile to render the victim unconscious. Apparently according to this “expert “coals are used to increase the amount of toxins in the smoke which help paralyze the victim. Innocent Arabs smoke without coals or they don’t inhale when they use coals to fool foreigners. It also seems that the jihadists also lace what they smoke with apple flavourings to fool people into thinking it’s flavoured tobacco and sometimes they even claim to be smoking molasses which is “impossible of course”. They also use these tricks to lure young girls to into compromised positions so that they can be blackmailed. It would also appear that most shisha facilitated kidnapings happen in Egypt, Lebanon and Iraq but that it’s “a common problem in all Arab countries.”

After recovering from the shock of be subjected to much demented pablum being spewed at me I pointed out what an idiot the “expert” was to my boss although I didn’t raise a fuss at the seminar. My boss admitted that he never heard this guy talk about the evils of shisha but concluded that I seemed to know what I was talking about and planned on taking “the expert” to task on the issue.
Old August 30th, 2009, 04:58 PM
D-Szlos
Hookah Pro

Default Re: The Stupidest Comments yet on Narghiles

LOL smoking a carton of cigarettes worth of nicotine within an hour would kill you, what a lunatic.
Old August 30th, 2009, 05:13 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

LOL wot a .......
Cant swear on this forum
Old August 30th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Demonix
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Demonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Szlos View Post
LOL smoking a carton of cigarettes worth of nicotine within an hour would kill you, what a lunatic.
It would kill you twice
Old August 30th, 2009, 05:35 PM
yehaw4257
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to yehaw4257 Send a message via Yahoo to yehaw4257

Musta been a army soldier givin you that speach. Cause you ain't gonna hear a Marine try to spread that BS
Old August 30th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Gadfly
Hookah Pro

Epic Fail
Old August 30th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Fidelis Mortuus
Banned

what a chomo...
Old August 30th, 2009, 06:14 PM
blehman
Hookah Newbie

“ban the bane of shisha and save the children of the world”

LOL
of course banning shisha will save all the children, nothin else could be more important than that damn shisha
Old August 30th, 2009, 06:19 PM
ebaygirl
Hookah Pro

Who stated all this stupidity? I would take a guess but don't want to bad mouth a country, I am just amazed at the lack of brain cells that it took to put forth that amount of garbage.
Old August 30th, 2009, 06:21 PM
ebaygirl
Hookah Pro

"We are the world. We are the children. Please ban the banes of shisha so we can keep on living" Okay everyone sing along!
Old August 30th, 2009, 06:33 PM
plymouthshisha
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to plymouthshisha

Jeez, I can guess what kinda guy this came from. And where he was from. Haha. No offence guys
Old August 30th, 2009, 06:36 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by yehaw4257 View Post
Musta been a army soldier givin you that speach. Cause you ain't gonna hear a Marine try to spread that BS

Yeah those nasty brain-washed army jerks!
Old August 30th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Demonix
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Demonix

and underage cigarette smoking isn't worse...?
Old August 30th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Tunisiano
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to Tunisiano

loool that is too much.. i would have just laughed
Old August 30th, 2009, 07:38 PM
gigdarling25
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to gigdarling25

what's worse is that he's prolly conviced people here and there. ridiculous.
Old August 30th, 2009, 08:51 PM
paulk
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to paulk

Its this kind of reasoning that makes me angry. I guy I used to know just came back from Iraq a few months back. Him and his sister and brother in law came over. His sister and brother in law joined in having a smoke but when he was offered all he said was "I don't use Hadji apparatus." Needless to say that was the end of the friendship.

I just can't stand people like that.

At my age being cynical and sarcastic is just making small talk.
Old August 30th, 2009, 09:07 PM
kumail786
Banned

i should shoot u man for even making this topic, jheeez! the guy on wiki is a moron
Old August 31st, 2009, 10:30 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

That's just astounding. I knew there were people with that level of stupidity but it is rare to see them outside of captivity. They rarely survive without special care.
Old August 31st, 2009, 04:51 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonix View Post
It would kill you twice
Not really. Years ago I had professor that was (at the time) in his 40s and the man literally smoked a carton of Gauloises during a 2 hour lecture and several during the course of a day. His lecture would stop every sentence or so as would take a massive and consume a whole cigarette in about 15 second, blow out a hug cloud of smoke an talk a bit before doing it again. The man was also a huge fan of Blue Cheer and the MC5 so I guess he wasn't all bad.
Old August 31st, 2009, 05:00 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I don't know much about the guy's background but he is an American and apparently fought in Sri Lanka before becoming a spook and later a security guru. My guess is that he probably is knowledgeable about security stuff since my firm wouldn't hire anyone not vetted and in the past the security guys they hired seem legit if boring.

While I am not sure i'd guess his insane comment about narghiles are a product of his hatred of Arabs & Islam since those sorts of people tend to make similarly inane comments and think that Hannity & Rush are the pinnacle of intellect and objectivity. I suppose he could also be some super uptight guy that hates tobacco and assumes that narghiles are all about illegal substances. What ever the case it was crazy listening to him
Old August 31st, 2009, 05:09 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulk View Post
Its this kind of reasoning that makes me angry. I guy I used to know just came back from Iraq a few months back. Him and his sister and brother in law came over. His sister and brother in law joined in having a smoke but when he was offered all he said was "I don't use Hadji apparatus." Needless to say that was the end of the friendship.

I just can't stand people like that.
I know what you mean in that I can't put up with people like that for long. What is worse is that a certain popular vendor that doesn't post here is always going about how much he hates "Hajis" and less flattering terms and for the part it seems that people don't generally have a problem with him. Anyway it funny that anyone sees narghiles as strictly Middle Eastern since the device (or something pretty similar) seemed to have come from China or the Indian sub-continent originally and they are just as common among Turkic peoples and the Indian sub-continent as they are among Arabs and they are relatively common in the Balkans as well.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook