Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

is the narbish a sturdy hose?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 31st, 2009, 03:33 AM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle
Default is the narbish a sturdy hose?

so my fucking razan fell apart while smoking yesterday, (which is a great way to end a session by the way, i was pissed), and i've officially decided that i'm never buying a razan/nammor again.

i've been looking at the narbish for quite some time now. i found foibled's review on it (which is an awesome review btw: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13631) and it answered all the questions i had about it except one.

is this thing going to fall apart within 4 months like my razan did? is it going to last? i love the look of it, but i really don't wanna spend that much on something that will break within a year.

i have until friday to decide, so HP please share your experiences.

EDIT: shit, it's $28.99 now? ahhh noooo, i can't afford that. i thought it was $19.99 or $21.99 a few days ago!

Last edited by chadtizzle; August 31st, 2009 at 03:51 AM.
Old August 31st, 2009, 03:44 AM
ThatTrevorGuy
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to ThatTrevorGuy
Default Re: is the narbish a sturdy hose?

You'll find good answers from those who own one. My Nammor has never once failed me. I've owned it for over a year now if not longer. According to his review it sounds as though it's much more tolerant to abuse then his Razan in the description about running very hot water in it for 5 minutes.
Old August 31st, 2009, 04:32 AM
KillerB
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KillerB Send a message via MSN to KillerB

i have encountered a couple minor problems with my narbish, but a little super glue and it was back to good as new. The hose port end came out, that is the memorable one. But i definitly think it is worth it to pick up a narbish.

I also have never had any problems with Nammor/Razans though...
22" Temsaah Mini-Wheat
Old August 31st, 2009, 04:59 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

It feels more sturdier to me but the threading moves around, this doesnt effect the hose tho, its more estatics.

I would get a narbish over a nammour if they were the same price

Last edited by patelbadboy2006; August 31st, 2009 at 05:07 AM.
Old August 31st, 2009, 05:01 AM
Xanhonestpuckx
Brother of the Black Leaf

Send a message via AIM to Xanhonestpuckx Send a message via Yahoo to Xanhonestpuckx

I love my narbish...It's a good sturdy hose. Worth the pickup if you can afford it.

Old August 31st, 2009, 10:21 AM
bradedup
Hookah Master

Mine hasn't broke yet, but my friends broke within a week. >.> Hard to say if that was a fluke or not.
Old August 31st, 2009, 02:32 PM
TheGirlfriend
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to TheGirlfriend

Yes the narbish has its problems nothing you cannot fix though.
Old August 31st, 2009, 04:08 PM
foibled
Hookah Pro

It's built using hot glue like the Razan/Nammor so you may have an issue with it coming loose like some have had. Heat loosens it so it is not advised to wash it with hot water. Also, hot glue doesn't stand up well in flexible joints so the likely places for it to come undone are at the gasket for the acrylic tips and at the transition joint from the handles to hose. That transition is made up of pleather-like strips wrapped around the hose to form the bulk so it's not a solid piece.

Like TGF said, the glue issue is easily fixed by using a stronger glue. I recommend using a slightly flexible waterproof adhesive, ie Loctite Stik N' Seal, Repair Extreme, or Vinyl & Plastic Repair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevinator View Post
According to his review it sounds as though it's much more tolerant to abuse then his Razan in the description about running very hot water in it for 5 minutes.
I think that was due to the construction/material differences between the Razan and Narbish because the glue is pretty much the same.
Old August 31st, 2009, 04:16 PM
kingboyb
Banned

I've smoked out of a Narbish and prefer it over Razan's, etc. It is definately contructed alot better than Razan's. Once the last of my Razan's die, I'm going to buy a few Narbs.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 02:22 AM
Drez
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Drez

I like my narbish but one of them ( used no more than 3 times) feel apart already. The part that plugs into the hookah gave out and all the threads came off. It was really weird but I stuck the tube into the sweat band ball thing and it seems to be ok.

Now I just have a ugly narbish. Kind of sucks but I really don't feel like complaining to john. However if my other narbish bites the dust then I might see what's up.

Who know maybe john will see this and mail me a free replacement
Old September 2nd, 2009, 05:40 AM
milleniumsmoker
Hookah Newbie

The glue gave out on my Narbish after about 4 sessions. My Namor lasted about 6 months before falling apart. I wouldn't recommend either unless you want to reglue. I just don't feel like you should have to reglue a new hose.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 08:32 AM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

Mine has been going strong 4 3 weeks now with no issues. Of course I don't wash it after every session.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 07:03 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

honestly the only time i wash my hose is if i smoke an intense flvaor and it ghosts really bad, or if there is the "plastic taste" with a new washable hose. i never wash it with warm water either, so hopefully this hose can last longer than 6 months.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 07:40 PM
Madwolf
Hookah Enthusiast

A couple of them, the wrapping will come loose, its a easy fix though, The hose still functions well, thats the big thing. I say there awesome hoses.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 11:07 PM
Drez
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Drez

Yea on a side note I never washed any of my 2 narbish hoses. It seemed to unravel and come apart on it's own. Owell it works but I sure won't be getting any style points.
Old September 3rd, 2009, 01:27 AM
milleniumsmoker
Hookah Newbie

I never washed mine before it fell apart either. I think the heat here in AZ is just to much for it. If you smoke outside like I do, I wouldn't recommend it. If you smoke indoors, your probably fine. Mine fell apart in about the middle of my handle. I do like the looks of the Narbish better than the namor and razan I have.
Old September 3rd, 2009, 02:34 AM
ngraz617
Hookah Nut

I love my Nammor hoses and I'm glad I bought them. It's been a few months and no sign of anything going wrong. I wash it once in a while with warm water I have run hot water through it many times. Just don't do anything stupid like peel back the fabric balls looking for the seals and anything that could irreversibly damage it. When wet blot dry don't rub this doesn't create any fuzz. It looks like this is a very well made hose right now and I would be surprised if anything broke all of the sudden. I'm smoking several bowls a day through them and they are holding up fine. If the Narbish was out when I purchased these I probably would have got that because I by almost exclusivly from john when possible but it wasn't and I don't miss what I never had. John doesn't carry crap and researches and reviews the hell out of something before he sells it. These are probably isolated instances and I bet most of them have had no problems.
Old September 3rd, 2009, 09:00 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngraz617 View Post
I love my Nammor hoses and I'm glad I bought them. It's been a few months and no sign of anything going wrong. I wash it once in a while with warm water I have run hot water through it many times. Just don't do anything stupid like peel back the fabric balls looking for the seals and anything that could irreversibly damage it. When wet blot dry don't rub this doesn't create any fuzz. It looks like this is a very well made hose right now and I would be surprised if anything broke all of the sudden. I'm smoking several bowls a day through them and they are holding up fine. If the Narbish was out when I purchased these I probably would have got that because I by almost exclusivly from john when possible but it wasn't and I don't miss what I never had. John doesn't carry crap and researches and reviews the hell out of something before he sells it. These are probably isolated instances and I bet most of them have had no problems.
well, i've owned 4 nammor hoses and took care of them with everything i had. i'm not saying your wrong or anything dude, i know john carries good stuff but i had 2 of them break in 2 months, my 3rd fell apart whle cleaning about 6 months later, and my last one finally broke after a year. my razan lasted for 6 months. i take care of my stuff man, and the shit just falls apart.
Old September 3rd, 2009, 11:21 PM
ElektrikBlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadtizzle View Post
i take care of my stuff man, and the shit just falls apart.
I think this pretty much sums it up...At some point, it will need to be replaced...

My Nammor lasted for around 18 months...I was smoking and left it on the table. When I came back, it had unraveled and disconnected at the handle...No signs of wear and tear or anything...I take care of my stuff as well, but it still broke...

I like the Narbish because it feels very solid and the design is very nice...I've pulled at the joints and it just feels more solid than my Nammor/Razan. Also, it feels a bit heavier, like it's built tough...You've had the Nammor/Razan experience, might as well take a chance on the Narbish, even though it's a bit pricey...
Old September 4th, 2009, 01:14 AM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

I think I jinxed myself cause mine broke tonight. It fell apart where the hose connects to the handle, I'll probably buy another one...
Old September 4th, 2009, 11:28 AM
kingboyb
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektrikBlack View Post
...I like the Narbish because it feels very solid and the design is very nice...I've pulled at the joints and it just feels more solid than my Nammor/Razan. Also, it feels a bit heavier, like it's built tough...You've had the Nammor/Razan experience, might as well take a chance on the Narbish, even though it's a bit pricey...
Narbs are definately a better product. I like that it feels a little more sturdy in my hand when smoking. My first razan fell apart today and I'm not going to even bother to go through the surgury to repair it, I'll just replace it with a Narb.
Old September 4th, 2009, 11:48 AM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

When your hose breaks dont make the same mistake I did and throw them away when you can buy some clear plastic tubing. Check out the DIY forum, make your own hoses are all the rage!
Old September 4th, 2009, 12:26 PM
phatpride1
Hookah Pro

yeah with that price jump theirs no way im going for another washable hose that could possible fall apart in 3 months. I would just go with a Grand or a just a Nammor/Razan. Saving money for other crap like tobacco seems like the better choice.
Old September 4th, 2009, 03:02 PM
cuellar
Hookah Nut

damn that sucks man

i always thought they were really reliable
Old September 4th, 2009, 04:39 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

well the majority of the people here say that they are reliable, and that they are way sexier (which i agree with, it's way better looking then my [broken] razan sultan).

if it breaks, it's no problem. i will do the hot glue thing and/or the clear tubing thing. i would have done this with my sultan but it was already so modded out when the glue came off of the top. it had electrical tape on 2 grommets, and the "skin" part of the handle unraveled randomly at one point. and when the handle fell off of the hose i just said forget it, it's lived its life and now it's going to hell.

so that's it, i'm ordering a red one this sunday. along with a shit ton of nakhla. ^.^
mizo watermelon, peach, grape, guava...and sheherezade cinnamon, and sweet melon. i would get jasmine too but i think john is out of it...
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook