Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Smoking in dorms

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 2nd, 2009, 06:34 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

Default Smoking in dorms

Hey guys, well im at college now. Ive been two weeks without hookah and i cant take it any longer. While, i could smoke it outside, as i see others do, I also dont want 10 people on my hookah at once, as this tends to happen to hookahs outside in the courtyard. But Im gonna smoke in the dorm tonight, any pointers? Im going to have a fan on, window open, towel under the door, smoke detector covered with garbage bag and taped.

edit: and my buddy Nak DA is going to be joining me
Old September 2nd, 2009, 06:37 PM
cherno83
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to cherno83
Default Re: Smoking in dorms

Umm smoke by the window I guess you should know. Everything should be fine i guess =]
Old September 2nd, 2009, 06:39 PM
bradedup
Hookah Master

Think you have the bases covered. I just disconnected my fire detector and put it back up disconnected there when I lived in the dorms. (Definately don't get caught doing that). Even though I ve never had hookah smoke set off a smoke detector.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 06:45 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradedup View Post
Think you have the bases covered. I just disconnected my fire detector and put it back up disconnected there when I lived in the dorms. (Definately don't get caught doing that). Even though I ve never had hookah smoke set off a smoke detector.
Yea, in my room at home it never set off the detector, but the ones in our room are hardwired to a system that can detect if one is set off, or disconnected. The only thing I am worried about is lighting the coals, I went to a local hookah shop and they had some 3 kings so i picked up a few rolls.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 06:46 PM
cherno83
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to cherno83

Sprinklers are only set off by flames right? lol Just wanna make sure haha
Old September 2nd, 2009, 06:51 PM
Buddhizzle
Hookah Pro

good luck - i'll want to know how well this works later in the year, as soon as its too cold for me to smoke outside
Old September 2nd, 2009, 06:52 PM
Hailren
Hookah Newbie

you could always just slip one of those country crock butter containers over the detector as opposed to a whole garbage can. they work pretty good.

the only thing i'd worry about is people smelling the coals/burning stuff outside your room.

i usually just go ahead smoke my hookah outside of my dorm.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 07:29 PM
HookahHog89
Hookah Newbie

Put a wet towel over the smoke detector, thats what I do in my friends dorm and its never failed
Old September 2nd, 2009, 07:40 PM
mx371
Hookah Newbie

I've got the same problem. I'm really tempted to smoke in my room but we're on the bottom floor where everyone can see and the rules here are that if a hookah is even in your room they break it on the "hookah rock". I just stick to smoking outside.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 08:20 PM
cuellar
Hookah Nut

if the smoke detector has batteries just take them out =]

if not, then cover it up bro

enjoy the smoking
Old September 2nd, 2009, 08:24 PM
JimNibbles
Hookah Nut

Yeah we smoked in my dorm room all the time last year. It's really not a problem at all once you do all the things that you mentioned. After a few minutes you can't even tell that there ever was a hookah in the room.

I'm hoping you have QLs though. Otherwise you'll never start smoking lol
Old September 2nd, 2009, 08:42 PM
Str0mz0r
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Str0mz0r

asdfadsfadsf

Last edited by Str0mz0r; December 1st, 2014 at 05:02 PM.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 08:48 PM
kaastang
Hookah Newbie

try to light the QL's outside the window (take down the screen or go outside) because they smell up the room and get into the sheets and it's miserable. I've used ahkla, starlights, threekings, and ******* QL's and believe me you'll have a heavy charcoal smell for your session and afterwards.

also, if anything goes wrong quickly put the hookah in a friends room (because campus police can check you're closets and stuff) take off any covers you've got on the smoke detector and.. floor towels must hide. finally throw a bag of popcorn in for 10 minutes (you won't have 10 but the longer the popcorn stays in the better)

then you have two options when campus police arrive.
A) if you haven't burnt the popcorn yet (est. 3 minutes or a minute after popping) tell them you were spraying febreeze near the detector and it suddenly went off. (true story)
B) if popcorn burnt.. great success. open the microwave as the cops knock on the door and say you fucked up popcorn.

you're room'll smell like popcorn.. however you'll keep your housing

hope this helps and hopefully you won't have a popcorn room.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 09:10 PM
phatpride1
Hookah Pro

Be careful thats all i say its a big ticket if you get caught. And if you have a room mate make sure its cool with him. Nobody likes a taddle tell. And if Campus police do knock on your door put that shit in the corner have a glass of water put the coals in their and the bowl in your pocket. That way they can do anything and they can't search you for the bowl of proof that you were smoking. I don't know how many times ive done that with beer in my pocket.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 09:22 PM
Mulan28
Hookah Newbie

I actually smoked hookah in my dorm yesterday. I lit the coals by an open window and had a fan blowing right towards the window and sprayed a lot of febreeze. The smoke detector was also right above us and didn't even go off. I hope that was reassuring for you.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 09:32 PM
ThatTrevorGuy
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to ThatTrevorGuy

My buddy lives in a one room dorm with a neighbor that is in the other 1 room dorm and they share a bathroom. He made sure it was cool with him and we light the coals in the bathroom with the fan on, close the door once the coals are done with fabreeze sprayed in there. Next make sure the detector is off or covered like you put it and smoke any where away from the door with a wet towel underneith. Nobody will smell a thing. If your dorm walls aren't cement or are pretty hallow just play music really loud so they cant hear the base bubble hah.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 09:36 PM
tman451
Hookah Newbie

The only thing you have to worry about is the coals, hookah smoke honestly doesn't smell or create enough smoke to set off an alarm unless you're purposely blowing on it as frequently as possible. I live in a smoke free apartment, and smoke almost daily. No one has said a word to me. The only thing you have to make sure of is that you light your coals near a window, coal smoke is the only thing that will set smoke detectors off.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 10:54 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

the popcorn smell is usually a dead giveaway in the dorms....its how ra's know you are smoking....

smoke alarm defeat is normally how one bypasses the smoking in doors...but it is wrong...and shot not be done.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old September 2nd, 2009, 10:58 PM
BDP
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx371 View Post
I've got the same problem. I'm really tempted to smoke in my room but we're on the bottom floor where everyone can see and the rules here are that if a hookah is even in your room they break it on the "hookah rock". I just stick to smoking outside.
What school is doing this?!?!?!?!?! What a bunch of jerks.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 11:00 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

LOL, alright so we just finished two sessions. It is currently quiet hours so the first session sucked, you could barely pull cause my syrian sounds like an f-250 with an exhaust leak. So we packed another bowl and went outside, to my surprise, the cops dont care, prolly had about 5 of them pass us while we were out there. And met a few drunk people wandering the streets, good times.

edit: not to mention that we met up with our RA who was cool with it when we were outside. He was out there chasing some drunk guys out of the dorm

Last edited by Coldgr33ntea; September 2nd, 2009 at 11:03 PM.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook