Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Shooting Star

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 6th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Default Shooting Star

Does anybody know where to get this in the United States!??

What are some other good brands that are similar to this one?

I was lucky enough to get to do two samples of this from Hajo! Thanks again Hajo! Here are the two reviews ..

- Shooting Star Gentle Wind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kqz6-HRitg
- Shooting Star Delighting the Senses: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQEWSLyZAfg

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old September 6th, 2009, 11:58 AM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

Default Re: Shooting Star

lol wow...sorry Sam but these 2 questions have been asked twice in the past week. the answers are no and no

Old September 6th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Ohh that is right, I remember the one Member looking for it. Well it will be out there just in case someone ever finds it They can post it up for us!

I have a little left, think I can smoke it!? Hajo had said we had to smoke it in a month because of no preservatives.

~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Old September 6th, 2009, 02:06 PM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
Ohh that is right, I remember the one Member looking for it. Well it will be out there just in case someone ever finds it They can post it up for us!

I have a little left, think I can smoke it!? Hajo had said we had to smoke it in a month because of no preservatives.
actually i sealed mine really well in some ziplock bags and then in a small tupperware container and placed it in the fridge.
Ive had mine for awhile and it still smokes great and is still fresh.
Old September 6th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Dan_E
Hookah Newbie

oooh someone in israel give like 1 kilo of this it was like limited edition or somthong like that now i its no where
Old September 6th, 2009, 02:51 PM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

If I had some SS I'd smoke it until there were just ashes left.

I might need to add "Acquire SS" on my bucket list. I don't even have a bucket list, but it seems like something that needs to be on any shisha smoker's.
Old September 6th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Xanhonestpuckx
Brother of the Black Leaf

Send a message via AIM to Xanhonestpuckx Send a message via Yahoo to Xanhonestpuckx

I shall reveal the ancient and awesome secrets of The Beard, if someone can get me a bowl of SS

Old September 6th, 2009, 04:13 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

I am happy that I still have an ok amount left. I smoke it sparingly and use my smallest bowl. Special occasions only.

If I could find a consistent way to buy SS, Contentment or other classic style jurak and moassel it would be just about all I smoked, budget allowing.
Old September 6th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Wow, it's cool to know that the stuff keeps well since I haven't been following my own advice and smoking it with a month of getting it.

To give you an idea about how tough it is to track this stuff down I have a friend that actually knows someone that works for SS and she can't it more then a couple of times a year.

The good news is that I am working on getting a history of the company from the owner and having it translated into English. The bit of good news is that I think I may be on to someone that can help me score a couple of kilos and if that works out I will of course see to it that half of what I get ends up in the hands of HPers that like traditional stuff. Apparently they have one or two blends that come in small glass jars and if I can score some i'll put up a photo or two.
Old September 6th, 2009, 06:51 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

you should let them know if they increase production and keep the same quality they will be oprah rich.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old September 6th, 2009, 07:02 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Mine has been sealed, After I had 2 bowls I sealed it up like pipe tobacco, and put it in the firdge. Sterilized Mason Jar.

I smoked it last night - heavy sweetness, a tiny bit dulled spices, but very fantastic tobacco taste (chocolatey and a bit peppery even). Think of as cigar covered in molasses and exotic spices.. This was Delighting the Senses.

The two Contentment flavors were smoked and not aged, but the recent Spring Blend I had maybe 5 bowls of, and it is also currently in the same state as the DtS because of the generous quantity I received.
Old September 6th, 2009, 07:23 PM
ROG
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
Wow, it's cool to know that the stuff keeps well since I haven't been following my own advice and smoking it with a month of getting it.

To give you an idea about how tough it is to track this stuff down I have a friend that actually knows someone that works for SS and she can't it more then a couple of times a year.

The good news is that I am working on getting a history of the company from the owner and having it translated into English. The bit of good news is that I think I may be on to someone that can help me score a couple of kilos and if that works out I will of course see to it that half of what I get ends up in the hands of HPers that like traditional stuff. Apparently they have one or two blends that come in small glass jars and if I can score some i'll put up a photo or two.

i was thinking of a way to butter you up so i could buy some from you but i don't know if want get some since it might ruin every other shisha for me lol
Old September 6th, 2009, 08:02 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Personally I don't even need something as astounding as SS. There are many amazing blends out there that fall into the more classic realm but I can't get without ordering an insanely large amount of it. The places I have found will only ship to this continent if you make very large orders.
Old September 6th, 2009, 08:58 PM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Yahoo to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Skype™ to FarBeyondDriven

Shooting Star is truly one of a kind. The samples Hajo had sent to me, I enjoyed them quite a bit but was very sad afterwards because it was all gone and I knew there was not a chance for me to get this again unless Hajo could help me out. Sam, I spoke with Hajo about this a while back and he told me that unless you are in Tartus, Syria, you can pretty much hang it up bud. As for me, I haven't smoked hookah in quite a while but the last smoke I had was Shooting Star . Hajo, I cannot thank you enough my friend

- Mohamed
Old September 6th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I am going to try it out .. I've had it sealed in a ziplock bag and tupperware. I'll just use my small egyptian bowl and smoke it on special occasions

Thanks again Hajo! Hopefully I did a good job on the vids .. and gave this brand some much deserved props! It was truly a very enjoyable smoke!

I shot the video within a week of receiving the maassel. Sorry it has taken me so long to post the vids.

Old September 6th, 2009, 11:37 PM
FusionX
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to FusionX

how about we pull a mizo watermelon ?
sum1 stock up on a lot and take orders from the community
Old September 7th, 2009, 12:46 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionX View Post
how about we pull a mizo watermelon ?
sum1 stock up on a lot and take orders from the community
It's not so much a matter of ordering large amounts with SS. It's the fact that there is not much product and what does exist either is quickly spoken for or does not get distributed far outside of the area it's produced in.
Old September 7th, 2009, 02:28 AM
krampi
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to krampi

I would like to try this stuff soooo badly
Old September 7th, 2009, 05:02 AM
Dan_E
Hookah Newbie

now i back from the hookah store near my house and i ask him for SS shisha and he said that he dont sell buy he can to order me if i want cause is my friend and he order for me 5 kilo for 70$
Old September 7th, 2009, 09:39 AM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

SS 5 kilos for 70 dollars? That's pretty low! If you know the guy can definitely get real Shooting Star, I'd jump on that if I were you.
Old September 7th, 2009, 09:42 AM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

I doubt it

Old September 7th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Dan_E
Hookah Newbie

i told you is my friend i help him at job[for free] sometimes and we talk alot so he gave me that price
i asked him what is the real price but he didnt want to say
Old September 7th, 2009, 12:34 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_E View Post
i told you is my friend i help him at job[for free] sometimes and we talk alot so he gave me that price
Again, the issue is getting it. Not the price. It's very rare and only produced a few times a year. It also has no international distributor.

Where are you located?
Old September 7th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Luv2Smoke
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_E View Post
If you get it can i buy some off you?
Old September 7th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Dan_E
Hookah Newbie

i cant send it and he have a friend that give him actually buy it from him but is have alot of good taobbaco and he gace me the last SS and it 1 kilo and i buy it for 20$

Last edited by Dan_E; September 7th, 2009 at 01:06 PM.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook