Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Shooting Star

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 7th, 2009, 01:31 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Default Re: Shooting Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_E View Post
i cant send it and he have a friend that give him actually buy it from him but is have alot of good taobbaco and he gace me the last SS and it 1 kilo and i buy it for 20$
What store are you talking about?
Old September 7th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Dan_E
Hookah Newbie

its store near my house not speicelly sell some syrian and jyptain hookahs he know someone that give him sometimes new hookahs tobacco so he should give me 5 kilo SS the lest he got but now he give only 1kilo
Old September 7th, 2009, 02:11 PM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Dan_E in which country are you ??
Old September 7th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarBeyondDriven View Post
Shooting Star is truly one of a kind. The samples Hajo had sent to me, I enjoyed them quite a bit but was very sad afterwards because it was all gone and I knew there was not a chance for me to get this again unless Hajo could help me out. Sam, I spoke with Hajo about this a while back and he told me that unless you are in Tartus, Syria, you can pretty much hang it up bud. As for me, I haven't smoked hookah in quite a while but the last smoke I had was Shooting Star . Hajo, I cannot thank you enough my friend

- Mohamed
I am extremely glad I was able to distribute exotica like this since I want as many as possible to find out that an alternative exists to the fruity gulf/American style stuff. It's also great to find out that I was able to brighten a few days as well!
Old September 7th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
I am going to try it out .. I've had it sealed in a ziplock bag and tupperware. I'll just use my small egyptian bowl and smoke it on special occasions

Thanks again Hajo! Hopefully I did a good job on the vids .. and gave this brand some much deserved props! It was truly a very enjoyable smoke!

I shot the video within a week of receiving the maassel. Sorry it has taken me so long to post the vids.
The videos looked pretty good and it'll people know about some neat stuff they other wise wouldn't hear about. Of course I am glad to find out that you enjoyed it as well.
Old September 7th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_E View Post
now i back from the hookah store near my house and i ask him for SS shisha and he said that he dont sell buy he can to order me if i want cause is my friend and he order for me 5 kilo for 70$
I am a bit confused by your post because SS isn't exported except to various individuals that are in tight with the people that make it. Still, if you are in an Arabic country and are hooked with someone that has a connection with SS I guess you can get some. My recollection is that in Syria SS sells for 10-20 € a kilo depending upon the blend although I understand that often people pay more. I have no idea what it sells for when individuals overseas buy it.
Old September 7th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
Personally I don't even need something as astounding as SS. There are many amazing blends out there that fall into the more classic realm but I can't get without ordering an insanely large amount of it. The places I have found will only ship to this continent if you make very large orders.
That is the problem I have. Ordering 40 kilos of something is sort of a hassle and very expensive when overseas shipping and customs are added in. Basically i'd be delighted if I could get lesser traditional stuff at a descent price regularly.
Old September 7th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
Again, the issue is getting it. Not the price. It's very rare and only produced a few times a year. It also has no international distributor.

Where are you located?
From what I understand, which isn't much since I don't know the owners, it seems that what limits SS production is the very long time needed to cure and age the product and getting a hold of enough leaf, herbs and molasses of high enough quality.
Old September 7th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Dan_E
Hookah Newbie

israel
Old September 7th, 2009, 02:43 PM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Thanks for the reply Dan_E and welcome to HP I am in South Africa at the other end of Africa
Old September 7th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Welcome Dan. I don't know much about narghile stuff in Israel so when you get the chance post some info about what sort of moassel you can get and the culture and such.
Old September 7th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Yeah I was truly sad when my SS ran out. I relished EVERY moment I spent with it. As you guys may recall, I have shunned many of the candy american flavored stuff and have been smoking Salloum and DM almost exclusively. I love the more traditional stuff but wish there were more options than salloum and DM. Thanks for the SS samples Hajo, very much appreciated.

Billy
Old September 7th, 2009, 08:59 PM
AngriestPhx
Hookah Nut

I really wish that someday Shooting Star will be available in the U.S. Hajo, if you can include me on your next mailing, that would be great. The sample of Shooting Star and Contentment that I received were absolutely amazing.
Old September 7th, 2009, 09:46 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

let us make sure its shooting star not something else called SS.

lets not make sure its not another product.

if you have some, lets see a pic of the packaging.

if he can get some, lets do the same

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old September 7th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

The SS i've seen comes in two forms: small amounts wrapped in wax paper and tied with string and piece of paper with the number of the blend glued on the outside. Far rarer are the boxed additions which are seen here:
http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...ghlight=Barudi

Basically, the small, traditional moassels come in wax paper 9 times out of ten.

Apparently SS it also comes in a small glass jar but that extremely rare and I have yet to see it.
Old September 8th, 2009, 08:23 AM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
Apparently SS it also comes in a small glass jar

I forgot about that thread with the box of it, but I remember thinking how tasty it looked.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook