Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Narghiles in Lithuania

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 6th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default Narghiles in Lithuania

Having been here for a while and really loving the culture and general way of life I was reminded of a recent disappointment when I traveled the city on my way out of the country for the weekend. I speak of the lack of quality narghile vendors and cafes. As some of you know I used to be a semi-regular vistor to a little cafe owned by a very kind family from Turkmenistan which had a great little garden out back where the small community of Turkmen immigrants in Vilniusused to hang out and smoke. Recently the family that used to own the place closed up shop and went back to the ancestral home. Seeing the old place empty was sorta depressing. Given that Lithuania is like all European nations in that it has large immigrant populations from various countries where narghiles are very popular I find it odd and somewhat depressing that the hobby hasn't really taken off here yet as far as I can tell.
Old September 6th, 2009, 08:28 PM
phatpride1
Hookah Pro

Default Re: Narghiles in Lithuania

My best Friend is from Lithuania. He said it hasn't really caught on yet. He said it would be a great business opportunity to put up shop their.
Old September 6th, 2009, 11:01 PM
paulk
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to paulk

I wonder about how much capitol it would take?

At my age being cynical and sarcastic is just making small talk.
Old September 6th, 2009, 11:22 PM
phatpride1
Hookah Pro

Im sure not much everything is real cheap at least that is what my buddy was telling me. If you do open up a Cafe their i would Name it the Iron Wolf Cafe or something like that. Its a big legend their.
Old September 7th, 2009, 05:53 AM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

OMG Hajo, you travel a lot !! I wish I can find a company like yours !!
Old September 8th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Although i'd love to see a first class narghile cafe in Lithuania I don't plan on doing it since my experience has been that running a cafe takes far more work and capital then the rate of return can justify. Still, I am fairly depressed about my friends heading back to their homeland and wish some could step up and fill the void.
Old September 8th, 2009, 04:54 PM
infowire
Hookah Newbie

I am from Vilnius, i was just there couple weeks ago, and the only hookah i notice was at palanga at a night club and at my friends house who previosully lived in the states next door to me.

If anyones interested in investing in a hookah place let me know =) I speak fluent lithuanian, russian, and of course english.

P.S

yes the iron wolf is a big legend and that is how Vilnius came to be =) A cafe would make a great addition for old town, in maybe an old cellar with arched ceiling made out of brick.

Last edited by infowire; September 8th, 2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old September 8th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Although I was born in Lithuanian I spent most of life elsewhere and now that I have returned and I have citizenship here I am trying to learn the local tongue. Unfortunately traveling 8+ months out the year make that (and my age) a tall order to fill. I don't make it into Vilnius vary often but on the whole it's a great city. Of course the country life suits me better so I suppose i'll stay near Nida. We can of course lay claim to a great culture, excellent food and ale and the best looking women the world has ever produced (at least to my eye) so I hope that one day we can proudly claim to have a great narghile cafe culture as well.
Old September 8th, 2009, 06:33 PM
infowire
Hookah Newbie

if anyone were to ask where all the beautiful girls went, Lithuania would be the answer.
Old September 8th, 2009, 07:56 PM
phatpride1
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by infowire View Post
if anyone were to ask where all the beautiful girls went, Lithuania would be the answer.
Its the truth very beautiful women their. The pics my buddy sent me of his trip were out of this world. Sexy women every where
Old September 8th, 2009, 11:17 PM
JimNibbles
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by infowire View Post
Hell yes. When I was there this summer, I've never seen more gorgeous girls anywhere in my life.

I wish I spoke the language. I'm half Lugan and know like five words.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook