Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

How you are supposed to smoke & irritating habits

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 7th, 2009, 01:38 AM
Pixelated Hitch
Hookah Newbie

Question How you are supposed to smoke & irritating habits

I really would like to know habits good or bad you guys have when smoking a hookah. I used to live with a cool roommate from Lebanon and he was very cultural as in, did all his habits from back home. I would get punched in the face every time I smoked the hookah trough the middle of my mouth. It had to be slightly to the side (girls are allowed trough the middle). Whenever you pass the hose never pass it with the end facing whoever you are passing, always curl it up... make somewhat of a lasso then pas it (he said it's an insult not passing it like that). I know there are a lot more, what do you guys and girls now?
Old September 7th, 2009, 06:00 AM
Luv2Smoke
Hookah Pro

Default Re: How you are supposed to smoke & irritating habits

I'm not Arab but I think I do most of these things anyway. I never smoke from the middle always from the side. I don't have a problem with people smoking through the middle except that it doesn't look cool. Not noticed to how I pass the hose. I'm pretty sure that blowing smoke in someones face is a Big No.
Old September 7th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

I agree with luv2smoke, it is inappropriate to blow smoke in someones face. Regarding the hose, I am an Arab and I don't care how someone is passing the hose, he can point to any direction he wants.
Old September 7th, 2009, 06:15 AM
ChronicHookah
Banned

what do mean "through the middle"?
I think I know but need a confirmation, I do understand the "lasso" thing meaning you don't point the hose at the person when handing it to them, however that is getting harder these days with the larger handle hoses.
Old September 7th, 2009, 06:49 AM
StinkingFish
Hookah Nut

Could be that I'm uneducated, or impolite, or drunk at the moment, but as long as the hose passes to me without incident, I couldn't give a damn.
Old September 7th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Tunisiano
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to Tunisiano

yea some Lebanese girl told me the same thing (about passing the hose), it's just a Lebanese thing i think because in Tunisia they don't do that
Old September 7th, 2009, 08:01 AM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
I agree with luv2smoke, it is inappropriate to blow smoke in someones face. Regarding the hose, I am an Arab and I don't care how someone is passing the hose, he can point to any direction he wants.
Arab here too ..... Don't care about the hose passing thingy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
what do mean "through the middle"?
I think I know but need a confirmation, I do understand the "lasso" thing meaning you don't point the hose at the person when handing it to them, however that is getting harder these days with the larger handle hoses.

He means put in the middle of his mouth (like a straw) ...... That would make him drool on the hose, girls are allowed for that particular reason LOL
Old September 7th, 2009, 08:36 AM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

as for passing the hose, i was taught by my uncles it was pretty much synonymous with telling someone to shove it up somewhere unpleasant. thats why you fold the hose and pass it with the tip not facing.

as for the tip in the middle of the mouth, ive seen caring and not caring about this one, its not as big in my expereince as the former. no matter what, when smoking with someone else, one shouldnt let the hose hang in their mouth, or put the tip too far in, or drool on it.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old September 7th, 2009, 03:21 PM
esteban
Hookah Pro

one my mates always keeps the hose in his lap instead of passing it on, so i refuse to use the same pipe as him now lol.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook