Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

I Got Some Fuzūlī Check It Out! (Pictures)

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 10th, 2009, 11:20 PM
brando147
Hookah Nut

Default Re: I Got Some Fuzūlī Check It Out! (Pictures)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Smoke View Post
Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. I will definitely take a 100g but not sure which blend. Probably the classic but Ill wait for your reviews. I sincerely hope you can get hold of this stuff.
+1
that's why i said "definate maybe" lol... i REALLY wanna try some of this stuff, but i'm not holding my breath... knowing my luck, he'll be sold out before next thursday
Old September 10th, 2009, 11:23 PM
brando147
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Nazar Option

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
For those that were wondering what the disk shaped tobacco in the one picture was that is the nazar option I mentioned. An order of the nazar option gives you about 40g. worth of a strange "auxiliary" moassel that you use with anyone of the Fuzūlī blends.

I've been speaking to people more knowledgeable about traditional moassels then I am and i've got some info on the nazar option. The name by the way comes from the fact that it looks like an eye thanks to the dark inner circle which is made out of fire cured Zeghreen tobacco which is aged a mango based herb called Amchur. The aged Zeghreen tobacco is then rolled into a cylinder shape which is then rolled into a larger batch of flute cured Yenidje tobacco and the combination is then aged in oak before being thinly sliced and baked at low temperatures for a very long time in an extremely light molasses.

What you do is you take one or two of the disks, cut them in half and cover the bottom of the bowl with them and poke them with a pin several times before layering in the Fuzūlī blend you plan on smoking until the bowl is half way filled. Next, take another one or two disks, cut them in half and place them on top of the main blend. Lastly you fill the remained of the bowl with the main blend and proceed to smoke as normal.
this sounds very interesting... does it add flavor, or provide a different taste between layers as they all heat up?
Old September 10th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I'm not sure since I haven't tried it out but a review is coming.
Old September 11th, 2009, 01:35 AM
Luv2Smoke
Hookah Pro

Im wondering is this stuff better than shooting star? How does the price of shooting star compare to this?
Old September 11th, 2009, 03:03 AM
sweetlake
Hookah Pro

I'm interested in trying some of this. Just need to find out how much from which of the three.
Old September 11th, 2009, 05:49 AM
reality-
Banned

does this moassel taste anything? or is it like one of those without any taste or with the "original" taste.. ?
Old September 11th, 2009, 06:00 AM
Luv2Smoke
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by reality- View Post
does this moassel taste anything? or is it like one of those without any taste or with the "original" taste.. ?
I don't think it would be so expensive if it didn't have taste lol. Apparantly the taste is very complicated. Check Hajo's review and that's just the economy blend
Old September 11th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Xanhonestpuckx
Brother of the Black Leaf

Send a message via AIM to Xanhonestpuckx Send a message via Yahoo to Xanhonestpuckx

Hajo, I would definitely be interested in 100g of blend 1 and 100g of blend 3 (the 7 year old stuff) please let us know whats going on when you know more.

Old September 11th, 2009, 12:07 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Default Re: Nazar Option

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
For those that were wondering what the disk shaped tobacco in the one picture was that is the nazar option I mentioned. An order of the nazar option gives you about 40g. worth of a strange "auxiliary" moassel that you use with anyone of the Fuzūlī blends.

I've been speaking to people more knowledgeable about traditional moassels then I am and i've got some info on the nazar option. The name by the way comes from the fact that it looks like an eye thanks to the dark inner circle which is made out of fire cured Zeghreen tobacco which is aged a mango based herb called Amchur. The aged Zeghreen tobacco is then rolled into a cylinder shape which is then rolled into a larger batch of flute cured Yenidje tobacco and the combination is then aged in oak before being thinly sliced and baked at low temperatures for a very long time in an extremely light molasses.

What you do is you take one or two of the disks, cut them in half and cover the bottom of the bowl with them and poke them with a pin several times before layering in the Fuzūlī blend you plan on smoking until the bowl is half way filled. Next, take another one or two disks, cut them in half and place them on top of the main blend. Lastly you fill the remained of the bowl with the main blend and proceed to smoke as normal.
Interesting. From the pictures i thought it was a pipe tobacco. I'm interested in just that lol though I figure it's fairly expensive it's self from the description. Let me know if you would be willing to part with a few on their own and how much that may be.
Old September 11th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by reality- View Post
The only tasteless product on the market is found here: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...highlight=zona

A common misconception is that tobacco has no flavour comes from cigarettes which use nearly the worst tobacco on the market and since it's burned and packed lose the heat overwhelms what ever flavour the cigarette may have had. The old fashioned black moassels as well as decent cigars (not the crap sold at petrol stations) and pipe tobacco all have tastes that can be subtle or bold and are often complex. Pick up a cigar magazine and read the reviews and you'll see what I mean.

Anyway, to answer your question Fuzūlī is a spiced moassel that uses a lot of very rare and expensive herbs to enhance and compliment the natural tobacco tastes. The tobaccos used are extremely high grade and have a range of tastes that you'd get from just smoking them by themselves in a Western style pipe (you can't do that since it's wet but you get the idea). And those tastes are sweet and earthy like. You can't really compare some tobacco flavours with food/drink since they are unique but Fuzūlī is a mild taste rather then a harsh, aggressive taste you get from low end Turkish tobacco.

Check out the Fuzūlī review I posted to find out what it's like.
Old September 11th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Smoke View Post
Im wondering is this stuff better than shooting star? How does the price of shooting star compare to this?
I suppose that your question is sort of like asking which is better Königsegg, Austin Martin, Ferrari, Lamborghini or Gumpert? The answer is that they all are fantastic but different. The same is true of wine, ale and art.

Shooting star blends tend to be bolder but since they use different tobaccos the overall effect simply different then other traditional moassels. Personally, i'd say that al-Buturī, Bachi-Bagli Halva or Samsun Maden-Canek Halva are my favorites when I want heavy bodied smoke with a rich, moderately sweet flavour profile that is simple. Fuzūlī is more of a medium bodied and super complex sort of product.

In terms of prices it's tough to say since most traditional style products aren't exported and are sold without the shocking taxes, shipping, distributor and retail fees we are so used to paying. Shooting Star typically sells for about 10-20€ for 250g in Syria depending upon the blend and where you get it. If it was sold in the U.S. the price would likely triple and in Europa you'd like likely 5-10 times as much if you could get it.
Old September 11th, 2009, 02:11 PM
kaastang
Hookah Newbie

I'm interested in 100g of option A and the nazar option.
i live in the USA
Old September 11th, 2009, 04:38 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

hmmm i might change to say i would want 25 of 1, 25 of 2 and some of the nazar option. since one "option" is for 100g can/will the nazar option be able to be broken up (not sure if its not easy to do or what not, or how it is packaged with the other tobacco)

-matt
Old September 11th, 2009, 07:27 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

ill get 1 classic, and the 7year.
200g total...and then ill cry when i send the money over.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner

Last edited by photolinger; September 11th, 2009 at 07:34 PM.
Old September 12th, 2009, 07:14 PM
D-Szlos
Hookah Pro

Hajo if its possible id like to get 100g of the "economy" with the nazar option. i wanna give this stuff a try, but since ive never smoked something like this before i dont wanna screw it up and destroy something so valuable.
Old September 12th, 2009, 11:33 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Just wanted to let you guys know that a review of two different Fuzūlī reviews are up in the review section under tobacco. They are pretty detailed so hopefully that will help people get an idea about the brand is like. I've have another review up when I get a bit more time.

My contact will be heading off to Izmir shortly to find out what is available so if you are interested in seccuring some Izmir best speak up now.
Old September 13th, 2009, 12:20 AM
Luv2Smoke
Hookah Pro

Hajo I'd like to get 200g of the classic blend. I'll let you know about the nazar option after your review
Old September 13th, 2009, 01:02 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

Quote:
Manufacturer, Flavour & size:
Fuzūlī , #2 blend (economy), 100g

Setup:

36" Syrian Crystal, Namoor hose, Small funnel bowl with Scalli mod, 3 pieces of Al Awa’el coal replaced after about an hour. Foil with very small sized holes poked with pin. Hole configuration 4 per row with the rows spaced every 15mm or so. Left about 3-4mm from top of bowl empty. Used about 15g worth of moassel.

Packing (10 pt.):

The moassel was wrapped in wax paper tied with string which was then placed in a zip lock bag. .Upside: Old fashioned charm combined with a practical method to preserve freshness. Downside: Vacuum packing would be better for long term storage although since this stuff doesn’t sit around I guess that is not an issue. Stacking the little wax paper pouches isn’t easy.
8 points.

Appearance & Stems (10 pt.):

Mixed cuts ranging from fine (about twice as big as H-H or DM) to long and thin ribbons that are roughly 30mm-40mm long and about 3-4mm wide. The tendency is for the longer cuts to be about 1/4 to 1/5 of the total. No stems. The moassel ranges in colour from a mid tan to black. Texture is damper then pipe tobacco but not as wet as most moassels so I’d say a bit more moist then Des Merli, slightly sticky and quite lovely to touch.
10 points.

Smell & Taste (40 pt.):

A rich earthy spell predominates with various herbal (not spices) notes vying for attention although I couldn’t pick out any particular herb. The smell of honey, toasted and Oriental style pipe tobaccos rounded out a very complicated cocktail of aromas that is best described as nearly Devine.

The taste is pretty tough to describe but I’ll give it a shot. The first thing I noticed is that this is a very mellow and rich set of flavours that at first reminded me of mellower Al Fakher Soft Black with a taste of creamed honey. The sweetness fades quickly and heavy but far from strong Oriental tobacco taste comes in with something reminding me of Alehoof and Avens faintly in backround along with something else I can’t figure out. Personally I like a bit more assertive flavour profile this this but it was quite sublime, complicated and very classically Turkish. A unique and delightful flavour.
38 points.

Smoke & Mouth Feel (20 pt.):
Smoke amount was about the same as average gulf style moassel, colour was light gray and texture was thick and luxurious providing a great mouth feel. 17 points

Value (20 pt.):
I got this for $39 for 100g and found it an extremely pleasant and unique smoke a bit mellower and sweeter then expected but complicated enough to fully occupy my attention. The bowl lasted a full two hours and took two full sets of coals. The value is a complicated judgment to make since the I know that price is very high but having seen the labour and artistry that went into making it I have a deeper appreciation of the product and objectively this not the sort of thing that can be reproduced on an industrial scale.
16 points.

Total Score: 89 points
thanks hajo

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old September 13th, 2009, 01:17 PM
thehookster
Hookah Nut

Thanks for the reviews Hajo'
Old September 14th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I've got a review of the #1 blend combined with the nazar option up in the tobacco review section. Check it when get the chance.
Old January 4th, 2010, 02:28 PM
rgallego
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to rgallego

Is this stuff still available or ever been available?

I would love to get 200 g of this stuff!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook