Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

what do you like to smell / drink with your smoke? (what pairs well?)

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 10th, 2009, 11:33 PM
foster21
Hookah Newbie

Default what do you like to smell / drink with your smoke? (what pairs well?)

Since smell is very closely related to taste, i was just wondering what kind of ambiance you like to pair with your smoking, candles incense, or even what kind of drinks go great/ not so great with what flavor. im simple bigelow green mint tea with white grape AF. share also my thoughts are alcohol and smoking never really great together.

odd related story, i thought once i got a crap mix of some flavor or another, i forgot... i literally couldn't taste ANYTHING
turns out it had something to do with my cold nasal spray i used at the time and i couldn't smell anything for a short time.. maybe tmi...
Old September 10th, 2009, 11:38 PM
DaSebsch
Hookah Aficionado

Default Re: what do you like to smell / drink with your smoke? (what pairs well?)

Regardless of what I smoke, I almost always drink tea with it. Whether it's iced or freshly brewed, a nice cup/glass of tea goes well with any flavor. I only smoke fruity flavors though so that may have something to do with it. I like Iced Green Tea (not a big fan of it hot) or any kind of hot Earl Grey, English Breakfast Tea, any kind Fruity Black Tea, and of course Iced Black Tea.

As for smell, I mostly smoke outside around 8-9 so I like that nice Kentucky evening smell and of course the smell of my Shisha.

I agree on the alcohol part, also. Not a big fan of drinking & smoking.
Old September 11th, 2009, 12:28 AM
HippieMama
Hookah Nut

Default Re: what do you like to smell / drink with your smoke? (what pairs well?)

I enjoy the aroma of the smoke by itself. Since I predominantly smoke outside the evening air is refreshing. I usually drink water during my sessions. It keeps me hydrated, but doesn't take away from the flavor of the smoke.
Old September 11th, 2009, 12:33 AM
khalsafauji
Hookah Pro

I like to have some turkish coffee and plenty of water.

Mint tea is very good as well, but I just dont have any here.
Old September 11th, 2009, 12:55 AM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

yup ^^ the aroma of the smoke is fine with me as long as the room im in doesnt stink to begin with... and i also usualy just have water or some type of iced tea with my sessions. i usually dont drink anything warm cause it puts me to sleep even if its coffee, and hookah is relaxing in its self so i dont need to pass out and burn my house down.. but yea a glass of water and im good to go.
Old September 11th, 2009, 01:32 AM
Luv2Smoke
Hookah Pro

Peshawari ka'wa which is basically green yasmin tea with cardamons, no milk and lots of sugar.

Last edited by Luv2Smoke; September 11th, 2009 at 04:44 AM.
Old September 11th, 2009, 01:48 AM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

Usually, I drink black tea (lipton) while smoking, and I've noticed that certain kinds of coffee ruin the taste of my shisha.
Old September 11th, 2009, 01:49 AM
khalsafauji
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Smoke View Post
Peshawari ka'wa which is basically green yasmin tea with cardamons
Oh man, I love this stuff! A pakistani friend of mine makes it sooo well. It really is the best stuff to drink when you smoke.
Old September 11th, 2009, 03:15 AM
jayrunner89
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jayrunner89

i stick to just water everything else gets in the way of the flavor i think
Old September 11th, 2009, 03:46 AM
Straykat
Hookah Nut

Mountain Dew with fruity shisha
Old September 11th, 2009, 11:12 AM
bearh
Hookah Newbie

usually just water, or occassionally fuze fruit juice stuff
btw if you want to enhance the flavor, for some reason,
if your mouth is reallly dry, you can taste it wayyy more
so try drying your tongue on your shirt and then smoke.
Old September 11th, 2009, 11:47 AM
McLovin600
Hookah Newbie

what you talkin bout willis? alcohol and smoking go great together
Old September 11th, 2009, 07:14 PM
shishadoc
Hookah Newbie

This may sound odd here goes a little story:
I was a t a friends house and he made some amaizing chocolate brownies. With the brownies we packed a bowl of JM's tangerine. The mix of the sweet tangerine and the brownies was amaizing!!!! I recommend trying it! (if you can be bothered to get some brownies lol)
Old September 11th, 2009, 07:29 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

traditional drinks:
coffee, teas, arak, (water...)

as for other stuff, well occasionally a coke.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old September 12th, 2009, 06:42 AM
BigE
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to BigE

I usually just have water,occasionally I'll have a black tea or an iced tea.
Old September 12th, 2009, 04:45 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

i used to drink a lot of iced tea (sweet) but lately have cut back cause i would get too much caffeine (and now that i drink half a gallon of pepermint green tea when i blow glass which is almost daily now, i am getting probably enough).

lately ive just been drinking lemonade or limeade (the simply brand) or min. made fruit punch. some times a pepsi throwback (stocked up on that since they are not bringing it back) or a sprite but only once in a while. i do enjoy a woodchuck hard cider but it doesnt match with some flavors but does better than the juices.

-matt
Old September 13th, 2009, 04:19 AM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

sun tea, coffee (with the right shisha tobacco), and diet coke go great with smoking.
Old September 13th, 2009, 04:23 AM
DanyalAkkaya
Hookah Pro

Ice cold water, the greatest resource on the planet.
Old September 13th, 2009, 06:38 PM
tic-tac
Hookah Newbie

Tea and coffee are the best choices.

Tea can be green or red. You can put mint or meramiye leaves in it.

Coffee can be a good Italian espresso and if you something exotic a Turkish coffee or Arabic coffee. With cardamom of course and without sugar.

I think a lot of people said it before but it is good to remark it: do not mix narguile with booze. Does not compute.
Old September 16th, 2009, 12:59 AM
rpmdiva
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin600 View Post
what you talkin bout willis? alcohol and smoking go great together
im with this guy! me and my friends love to drink and smoke. although ive had diff herbal teas at my local hookah lounge, theres nothing like sum good alcohol to go along with it. im not a beer drinker so im not to sure how that mixes, however i can say mango rum and fruit punch + hookah go together quiet nice
Old September 16th, 2009, 01:37 AM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

I work over-night so when I get home in the morning from work say around 7am I like to chill with some AF grenedine and hot green tea+honey. I am waiting on some Horchata shisha to get here, and when it does I am going to be drinking horchata with it!

P+~Sui
Old September 16th, 2009, 01:47 AM
imthatguy
Hookah Newbie

Water or Dr pepper
Old September 16th, 2009, 02:35 AM
HydroSmoke
Hookah Newbie

Usually something that is very refreshing, some juices with ice etc. But my favorite one is home made Frappucino :] Many of you seems to drink diffrent kinds of tea. Gonna have to check it.
Old September 16th, 2009, 08:25 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroSmoke View Post
Usually something that is very refreshing, some juices with ice etc. But my favorite one is home made Frappucino :] Many of you seems to drink diffrent kinds of tea. Gonna have to check it.
ya i got into loose leaf tea from just hearing people around here talk about drinking it with hookah. now i wont even think of touching bagged tea

-matt
Old September 16th, 2009, 09:12 AM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

Water or tea depending on the flavor, although last nite I had Leininkugals Berry Weiss with Mizo Watermelon...quite tasty, another favorite is Blue Moon with JM's Tangerine.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook