Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Mya long handle wood hose

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 12th, 2009, 07:23 PM
DanyalAkkaya
Hookah Pro

Default Mya long handle wood hose

I just got one of these and I was sooo tempted to just cut it in half and see if it is washable lol. It has a removable mouth peice and it is fairly flexible, in fact it has about the same flaxibility of my razan so you would think it is washable. So I took a flashlight, shined it down the handle and took a peek and though I couldnt see much I saw enough.. it has a metal coil running though it, and the reason for the flexibility is because it is a very thin coil, not the thick ones like the standard mya hoses have. I am not exacyly sure what kind of metal it was but I know it was metal because the light was reflecting off the shiny surface of it.

So I am pretty sure these are NOT washable... just in case anyone cares. lol
Old September 12th, 2009, 07:54 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Default Re: Mya long handle wood hose

Thanks for the info. I have been wondering about that for a while. Still a beautiful hose. I may be tempted to still grab one and rework it into a washable when it inevitably dies.
Old September 12th, 2009, 09:39 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
Thanks for the info. I have been wondering about that for a while. Still a beautiful hose. I may be tempted to still grab one and rework it into a washable when it inevitably dies.
my km leather wrapped hose died recently, i had it in a suitcase and i got destroyed...its my fault not the hose's, but anyhow, its very simple to make the change...just some tubing from Home Depot or lowes lol

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old September 12th, 2009, 11:55 PM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolinger View Post
my km leather wrapped hose died recently, i had it in a suitcase and i got destroyed...its my fault not the hose's, but anyhow, its very simple to make the change...just some tubing from Home Depot or lowes lol
I thought about doing that to my broken narbish and making it longer but in the end since all that happened was that the hot glue had come undone I just decided to rebuild it with all the stock parts.
Old September 13th, 2009, 12:15 AM
ROG
Hookah Nut

my only problem with mya is how they have their name printed all the way down the hose but theats just me i really hate bold and excessive labeling
Old September 13th, 2009, 02:43 AM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG View Post
my only problem with mya is how they have their name printed all the way down the hose but theats just me i really hate bold and excessive labeling
Word.

The product placement bugs me too.
Old September 13th, 2009, 02:51 AM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

they have to many people ripping them off, thats why they badge

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old September 14th, 2009, 07:30 AM
MrDoo
Hookah Newbie

I thought that MYA hoses were washable?
Old September 14th, 2009, 07:40 AM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoo View Post
I thought that MYA hoses were washable?
They're washable if you enjoy getting a mouth full of rust. It's probably a rule of thumb to guess that if it's made by maya, you should run.

Stick with the rubber hoses honestly if you want a longer term hose. Razzan(nazzar backwards har har) and the other versions out there a good bet. Honestly they're washable in the sense you can run water through them without rusting. I never felt like the hoses were actually clean after a good rinse though. Stuff really seems to stick to the rubber.

But longevity wise, the rubber hoses will outlast everything else on the market. Just make sure you don't smoke some rank/stanky shisha like the al waha mint chocolate (after 5 or something? been a while lol).

Picking up metal coil hoses is possibly the most defeating mistake you can make sometimes. It really sucks when you're stuck with no backups other then a stinky rust tube.
Old September 14th, 2009, 03:26 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Mya makes good products. They produce some of the most consistent hookahs on the market because they are mass produced with a certain level of quality in mind. Personally I feel they will never match a traditional hand made rig but you never have to worry about poor welds or faulty construction.

Their hoses have never been washable.
Old September 14th, 2009, 03:41 PM
DanyalAkkaya
Hookah Pro

I don't know why but I love using this hose instead of my razan. The first thing I smoked with the hose was mizo mint to get rid of the original smell/flavor it had and it worked out great. As long as I got mizo mint I won't have to worry about washing this sucker.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook