Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

whats the deal with phunnels?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 13th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Genie
Hookah Nut

Default Re: whats the deal with phunnels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley View Post
I agree completely. Even if you're not smoking by yourself your smallest Egyptian is good enough considering how wet Tangiers is (at least Noir, I haven't had any other line.)

It definitely will drip down the stem big time though, does anyone know a good way to stop an Egyptian from dripping?
You can make a little foil boat to lay in your bowl and set the shisha in, just make sure it's low enough or has enough notches cut in it around the edges to allow air flow.

I use my large Phunnel for solo sessions all the time and have no trouble packing it for a 45 minute to one hour smoke with no wasted shisha at the end.

My problem is learning how to pack it for more time! But I have a new Phunnel coming so it will be easy enough to have one packed and ready and swap them whenever I feel like it.
Old September 13th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Demonix
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Demonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingboyb View Post
Tangiers is the only hookah tobacco company that openly encourages people to reuse thier product and has provided information on how to do so, so your guess on mini phunnels linked to tobacco sales is incorrect.

Many people continue to ask for the miniphunnel to go back into production, but for now this is a tangiers lounge walk-in excluse (the 2.0 version which performs much better).
and guess who one of those people who walked in and got it was?
not me, my friend
Old September 13th, 2009, 06:55 PM
twoapplesplease
Hookah Guru

Why should you make a foil boat or use a swazili mod or do anything to a phunnel when an egyptian smokes just as good and lasts from 1-2 hours and uses less coals.
If you want to smoke longer you just pack another one.And as far as holding in the jucies thing is actually the oppisite holding in the juices actually keeps the tobacco from smoking correctly.But hey if your into smoking juice and not tobacco than Thats OK by me.I personaly was disapointed with the perfomance of my med tang phunnel in every way.and it sits collecting dust.And yes I know how to use it the way its supposed to be used and packed and every other silly thing you need to do to use it.
Old September 14th, 2009, 06:15 AM
cbyerspace
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by foibled View Post
There are several reasons why he doesn't like the mini but it really boils down to him feeling it doesn't smoke good enough because of the size.......................... It also doesn't help that people complained about the size after they actually got them.
Thats actually the reason the mini phunnels I made never made it to the market, there isn't enough surface area to smoke properly, the smoke was almost non exsistant in everything except hookah hookah and even then it was extremly thin. I tried a few diff styles you really can't make a bowl that size other than a standard and have it functional....

As far as the phunnel issue it tends to smoke the best out of anything with wet shisha, but you run into the issue of the foil getting sucked down the middle every now and then... I like the vortex the best for that reason
Old September 14th, 2009, 07:32 AM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

Phunnels are good for certain brands. I remember I had mine with a smiley glass mod (probably before your times) and honestly it was only good for tangiers. I think people hype them up a bit.

For most shisha, my favorite bowls hand down were the cheap $5 dollar clay ones. I had tried ceramics(standard and multiple bowls), glass (smiley's), phunnel's and probably a few other. Best experience I had was plain old clay.

For whatever reason, I never enjoyed ceramic bowls all that much. This was especially true with the phunnels. The heat distribution was always hard to get right, it was always a pain to get the foil tight on there (especially after punching holes) and over all it felt like a gimmick and pain in the arse.

Clay is always cheaper, you know what to expect with them, smoke is always good and if you pick up the small one's you can get away with using a lot less shisha and also foil (mmm Alzheimer). It's always nice to know if you manage to break it, you didn't just lose 15 bucks too. The one major con though is that over time clay will produce micro-fractures and eventually break on it's own.
Old September 14th, 2009, 08:50 AM
vqturbo
Hookah Nut

I absolutely love my Tang phunnel, and smokes great. Different strokes i suppose, but i never had problems with them until it meets the floor.
Old September 14th, 2009, 10:27 AM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoapplesplease View Post
Why should you make a foil boat or use a swazili mod or do anything to a phunnel when an egyptian smokes just as good and lasts from 1-2 hours and uses less coals.
If you want to smoke longer you just pack another one.And as far as holding in the jucies thing is actually the oppisite holding in the juices actually keeps the tobacco from smoking correctly.But hey if your into smoking juice and not tobacco than Thats OK by me.I personaly was disapointed with the perfomance of my med tang phunnel in every way.and it sits collecting dust.And yes I know how to use it the way its supposed to be used and packed and every other silly thing you need to do to use it.
Excellent point. Maybe that's why I enjoy it in my Egyptian actually, because the juices do drip.
Old September 14th, 2009, 10:39 PM
ngraz617
Hookah Nut

Glas Scalli Mods are impossible to keep clean no mater what you do and they break easy. If you're using a phunnel with a mod you should just try a vortex it's the same almost all in one.
Old September 14th, 2009, 11:26 PM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngraz617 View Post
Glas Scalli Mods are impossible to keep clean no mater what you do and they break easy. If you're using a phunnel with a mod you should just try a vortex it's the same almost all in one.
yeah the only way I could clean mine was with a brass brush. Even then it wasn't even close to clean.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook