Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu
   

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

CO poisoning?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old September 14th, 2009, 07:56 PM
foibled
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: OC
Posts: 541
Default Re: CO poisoning?

Yes I did. Partially lit coals will produce more CO as CO is a product of partial oxidation of carbon compounds during combustion but your coals would not have remained partially lit during the entire duration and 3 coals really isn't that much. If that was your only exposure to CO then you would have had to inhale a very dangerous amount of CO to still be having symptoms the next day. Your original symptoms are indicative of low level poisoning.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old September 14th, 2009, 08:05 PM
awrio
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9
Default Re: CO poisoning?

Well all I am feeling now is a little out of it. Not a headache but a weird head pressure, very subtle. Other than that I feel fine, aside from some fatigue. Is this something to be concerned about?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old September 14th, 2009, 08:11 PM
foibled
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: OC
Posts: 541
Default Re: CO poisoning?

Have you had much to eat? Rest? Fresh air? If your current symptoms really are caused by CO, I'd be more worried you have a low level leak elsewhere in the house or where ever you are at.

If you think something is wrong, seriously go see a doctor.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old September 15th, 2009, 08:05 PM
awrio
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9
Default Re: CO poisoning?

Figured it out guys, the head feeling afterward is stress and anxiety mostly due to this little scare, and the fact that I am extremely stressed in school. More than I've ever been in my life. Ironically, I started hookah to help me relax...
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old September 15th, 2009, 09:10 PM
banaan's Avatar
banaan
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: London
Posts: 44
Default Re: CO poisoning?

this is not a monoxide poisoning issue.
co is an ordorless gas. we are all aware of the stench that quick lights produce when first sparking up. i dont know what chemicals these are but from the smell, i doubt they are gonna be any good for you!!!

also, the levels of carbon monoxide produced from a hookah session are not gonna above 50ppm. 50 ppm is virtually equivalent of smoking 50 cigerettes.

in america you have an organisation called osha (occupational safety hazard association) which basically allows workers to work under 40ppm conditions daily.
thus if 40ppm is considered safe, then co poisoning from a shisha smoke should be considered negligable.

your basically suffering from oxygen starvation. your body will get used to this and it is normal for this to happen when you first start smoking.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old September 15th, 2009, 09:27 PM
HippieMama's Avatar
HippieMama
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 450
Default Re: CO poisoning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by awrio View Post
Figured it out guys, the head feeling afterward is stress and anxiety mostly due to this little scare, and the fact that I am extremely stressed in school. More than I've ever been in my life. Ironically, I started hookah to help me relax...
Stress and anxiety can do a number on you. But I'd still be mindful next time you smoke about the coals being fully lit and not hot boxing it. Pace yourself and don't push yourself to take monster drags in rapid succession. I hope you're feeling better now.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old September 17th, 2009, 01:13 PM
merkaba's Avatar
merkaba
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 461
Default Re: CO poisoning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by banaan View Post
this is not a monoxide poisoning issue.
co is an ordorless gas. we are all aware of the stench that quick lights produce when first sparking up. i dont know what chemicals these are but from the smell, i doubt they are gonna be any good for you!!!

also, the levels of carbon monoxide produced from a hookah session are not gonna above 50ppm. 50 ppm is virtually equivalent of smoking 50 cigerettes.

in america you have an organisation called osha (occupational safety hazard association) which basically allows workers to work under 40ppm conditions daily.
thus if 40ppm is considered safe, then co poisoning from a shisha smoke should be considered negligable.

your basically suffering from oxygen starvation. your body will get used to this and it is normal for this to happen when you first start smoking.
Depends on how you smoke, I've had my co alarm go off and the thing's read in the 90's. Then again I was smoking in an enclosed area and was doing multiple sessions.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old September 17th, 2009, 04:52 PM
banaan's Avatar
banaan
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: London
Posts: 44
Default Re: CO poisoning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkaba View Post
Depends on how you smoke, I've had my co alarm go off and the thing's read in the 90's. Then again I was smoking in an enclosed area and was doing multiple sessions.

you were probably burning your tobacco
Reply With Quote
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 PM.

Skin Design By vBSkinworks



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2012, Hookah Pro Inc.