Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

CO poisoning?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 14th, 2009, 07:56 PM
foibled
Hookah Pro

Default Re: CO poisoning?

Yes I did. Partially lit coals will produce more CO as CO is a product of partial oxidation of carbon compounds during combustion but your coals would not have remained partially lit during the entire duration and 3 coals really isn't that much. If that was your only exposure to CO then you would have had to inhale a very dangerous amount of CO to still be having symptoms the next day. Your original symptoms are indicative of low level poisoning.
Old September 14th, 2009, 08:05 PM
awrio
Hookah Newbie

Well all I am feeling now is a little out of it. Not a headache but a weird head pressure, very subtle. Other than that I feel fine, aside from some fatigue. Is this something to be concerned about?
Old September 14th, 2009, 08:11 PM
foibled
Hookah Pro

Have you had much to eat? Rest? Fresh air? If your current symptoms really are caused by CO, I'd be more worried you have a low level leak elsewhere in the house or where ever you are at.

If you think something is wrong, seriously go see a doctor.
Old September 15th, 2009, 08:05 PM
awrio
Hookah Newbie

Figured it out guys, the head feeling afterward is stress and anxiety mostly due to this little scare, and the fact that I am extremely stressed in school. More than I've ever been in my life. Ironically, I started hookah to help me relax...
Old September 15th, 2009, 09:10 PM
banaan
Hookah Newbie

this is not a monoxide poisoning issue.
co is an ordorless gas. we are all aware of the stench that quick lights produce when first sparking up. i dont know what chemicals these are but from the smell, i doubt they are gonna be any good for you!!!

also, the levels of carbon monoxide produced from a hookah session are not gonna above 50ppm. 50 ppm is virtually equivalent of smoking 50 cigerettes.

in america you have an organisation called osha (occupational safety hazard association) which basically allows workers to work under 40ppm conditions daily.
thus if 40ppm is considered safe, then co poisoning from a shisha smoke should be considered negligable.

your basically suffering from oxygen starvation. your body will get used to this and it is normal for this to happen when you first start smoking.
Old September 15th, 2009, 09:27 PM
HippieMama
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by awrio View Post
Figured it out guys, the head feeling afterward is stress and anxiety mostly due to this little scare, and the fact that I am extremely stressed in school. More than I've ever been in my life. Ironically, I started hookah to help me relax...
Stress and anxiety can do a number on you. But I'd still be mindful next time you smoke about the coals being fully lit and not hot boxing it. Pace yourself and don't push yourself to take monster drags in rapid succession. I hope you're feeling better now.
Old September 17th, 2009, 01:13 PM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by banaan View Post
this is not a monoxide poisoning issue.
co is an ordorless gas. we are all aware of the stench that quick lights produce when first sparking up. i dont know what chemicals these are but from the smell, i doubt they are gonna be any good for you!!!

also, the levels of carbon monoxide produced from a hookah session are not gonna above 50ppm. 50 ppm is virtually equivalent of smoking 50 cigerettes.

in america you have an organisation called osha (occupational safety hazard association) which basically allows workers to work under 40ppm conditions daily.
thus if 40ppm is considered safe, then co poisoning from a shisha smoke should be considered negligable.

your basically suffering from oxygen starvation. your body will get used to this and it is normal for this to happen when you first start smoking.
Depends on how you smoke, I've had my co alarm go off and the thing's read in the 90's. Then again I was smoking in an enclosed area and was doing multiple sessions.
Old September 17th, 2009, 04:52 PM
banaan
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkaba View Post
Depends on how you smoke, I've had my co alarm go off and the thing's read in the 90's. Then again I was smoking in an enclosed area and was doing multiple sessions.

you were probably burning your tobacco
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook