Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

First time with Nakhla

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 18th, 2009, 05:33 PM
xavier
Hookah Nut

Default First time with Nakhla

Hey everyone, so i just got back from getting a haircut at my sisters salon. While i was there she told me about a tobacco shop thas across the street called Traders smoke shop. Now by the name i wasent expecting much but when i went inside i was greeted by a somewhat upscale tobacco store. They had a few chinese modern hookahs but thats not what i was interested in, they have an amazing array of cigars and Nakhla, i walked out with

250g: Pistacio
250g: Vanilla
50g: Fak Orange
50g: Sweet Melon
and what i thought was 50g of Double Apple but turns out its mixed fruit.

Now im in no way a fan of anise but with so many people claiming Nakhla DA is king of tobacco i wanted to give it a try. Just wanted to get some opinions of what i bought and what i should buy next time.

Xavier
Old September 18th, 2009, 05:43 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger
Default Re: First time with Nakhla

sweet melon may smell odd to those not accustomed to cantaloupe at first, but that smell is the smell of a ripe one sir.

pistachio, no matter what anyone says, is an acquired taste!

vanilla..is good times.

fakhfakina orange is gonna have a strong peel note

and the standard mixed fruit isnt the best, the fakhfakhina mixed fruit is better.

as for DA, if you dont like anise, dont waste your money, its a great DA, but you have to enjoy anise to enjoy da.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old September 18th, 2009, 05:49 PM
KillerB
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KillerB Send a message via MSN to KillerB

I am not a big fan of melon/canteloupe fruit... but i think i might like its smoke... if that makes any sense.

I finally got around to ordering some sweet melon myself, so, we'll see.

I hope you enjoy your first encounter with the Almighty Nakhla!
22" Temsaah Mini-Wheat
Old September 18th, 2009, 06:01 PM
xavier
Hookah Nut

i figured i didnt want to try the DA but a few weekends ago i noticed how much i love jager and that has a strong licorice taste so im starting to rethink about not getting anything with anise in it and missing out on something that could potentially be a favorite of mine
Old September 18th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier View Post
i figured i didnt want to try the DA but a few weekends ago i noticed how much i love jager and that has a strong licorice taste so im starting to rethink about not getting anything with anise in it and missing out on something that could potentially be a favorite of mine
Dont knock it till you rock it!
Old September 18th, 2009, 09:08 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Hey everyone, so i just got back from getting a haircut at my sisters salon. While i was there she told me about a tobacco shop thas across the street called Traders smoke shop. Now by the name i wasent expecting much but when i went inside i was greeted by a somewhat upscale tobacco store. They had a few chinese modern hookahs but thats not what i was interested in, they have an amazing array of cigars and Nakhla, i walked out with

250g: Pistacio
250g: Vanilla
50g: Fak Orange
50g: Sweet Melon

Now im in no way a fan of anise but with so many people claiming Nakhla DA is king of tobacco i wanted to give it a try. Just wanted to get some opinions of what i bought and what i should buy next time.

Xavier
the orange was a good grab, the sweet melon is good but for some it can get to ripe (i cant really smoke it any more). the fak mixed fruit is horrid, and the other one i havent tried but i have a 50 gram sitting here, the vanilla is not great, to weak/weird for me, and never tried pistacio

DA is good, margarita is great, earl grey is good if you like the tea, chocomint is great

-matt
Old September 19th, 2009, 07:21 AM
esteban
Hookah Pro

if you like sambuca you will like DA
Old September 19th, 2009, 08:07 AM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteban View Post
if you like sambuca you will like DA
LOL carefull with the word choice

Da or two apples very good Mizo Line is excellent Mint is good Peach and Apricot good my Daughter loves the banana (smokes it with milk mixed in the base)
Old September 19th, 2009, 10:10 AM
HookahWaffle
Deleted Per User Request

Sweet Melon, to me, smells and tastes exactly like a honeydew melon.

Nakhla has an awesome batch of flavors, some of my personal recommendations :

Mizo Mint
Mizo Guava
Bahraini Apple (Jar)
Sweet Melon
Orange
Cinnamon (Tasty!)
Earl Grey

I've found all of these to be extremely reliable and true to their name flavors. Of course theres plenty of others, and I have a ton of nakhla, but those are some good reliable ones to start you off into your adventure with nakhla.
Old September 19th, 2009, 11:33 AM
xavier
Hookah Nut

thanks for the replies everybody, i think i am gonna go get some DA and tobacco from the Mizo line.
Old September 19th, 2009, 05:57 PM
MrDoo
Hookah Newbie

The sweet melon is my favorite nahkla flavor so far, followed by Mizo Mint, and orange. Wanting to try the Mizo melon next.

I kind of liked the Banana, but the flavor wasn't strong, and didn't last long. The mango I tried mostly tated like smoke, and also didn't last long.

I liked the regular Nahkla DA ok, not too much anise. Tried the Mizo Apple...way strong!
Old September 19th, 2009, 10:32 PM
brando147
Hookah Nut

the sweet melon is awesome... it's one of my favorites by nakhla... and i'm not sure about the orange... if it's anything like the mandarin, it'll be awesome
Old September 20th, 2009, 12:14 AM
foibled
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Nakhla DA has a picture of a red and yellow apple on it and is actually called "Two Apples".
Old September 20th, 2009, 07:15 AM
iang
Hookah Newbie

trying a bowl of nakhla lemon now....it has a bit of a buzz...for me anyway....dont like buzz that much but i can taste the lemon pretty well..seems to have more flavour than the two apple.
Old September 20th, 2009, 09:31 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by brando147 View Post
the sweet melon is awesome... it's one of my favorites by nakhla... and i'm not sure about the orange... if it's anything like the mandarin, it'll be awesome
orange tastes very very similar, the biggest thing i noticed is the orange doesnt have that tingly citrus in the back of the throat feeling, at least as much. its a very good flavor, i like it more than mandarin personally but both are good smokes
-matt
Old September 20th, 2009, 12:27 PM
brando147
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
orange tastes very very similar, the biggest thing i noticed is the orange doesnt have that tingly citrus in the back of the throat feeling, at least as much. its a very good flavor, i like it more than mandarin personally but both are good smokes
-matt
try mandarin or orange with a pinch of sherazade cinnamon on the bottom of the bowl... it's AMAZING
Old September 21st, 2009, 11:30 AM
McLovin600
Hookah Newbie

DA tastes like straight licorice, i think i may have tasted apple once...maybe. I gave it a real shot too since nak is my favorite even had a separate hose and smoked many times. nothing but licorice why isnt it just called that lol
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook