Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

need zaghloul tip

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 19th, 2009, 01:05 PM
FusionX
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to FusionX
Default need zaghloul tip

Ok I picked up some Zaggy from John and I am workin with 4 naturals and a wind cover on a small phunnel. I am getting smoke. No preservatives were added. I am using a 3 ring hole pattern with small than usual holes poked with something the size of a thumbtack. O yea I am using 1 layer of heavy recycled aluminum.

I am trying to find Hajos link for the image of his recommended hole pattern specifically for zaghloul on a phunnel, but Hookah1 appears to be down. If ne1 can throw up an image, it would be greatly appreciated.

Next session I am considering throwing on 5 naturals because I am sure it won't get harsh, but then again coals aren't free lol.

Last edited by FusionX; September 19th, 2009 at 01:12 PM.
Old September 19th, 2009, 06:25 PM
FusionX
Hookah Enthusiast

Default Re: need zaghloul tip

bump?
Old September 19th, 2009, 08:21 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

I don't think hole pattern makes too much of a difference. I would suggest mixing your zag w/some honey or veg. glycerin or both. It will give you a much more even burn and you'll need half the heat. I smoke zag daily and it's some good stuff when prepped right. Let me know if you have any questions, and enjoy!
Old September 19th, 2009, 08:25 PM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

I put my coals directly on it, but I don't recommend that to mortals. (I'm an ass heh.)

How much did you get? I recommend doing what abu said, but I also heavily recommend you mix some up and then store it for a long time. I have some Salloum Plain I only mixed with honey that has aged and man, I just wish I had done it with more because it's ridiculously good.

Might want to microwave your combination for an extremely short duration as well.
Old September 19th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Madwolf
Hookah Enthusiast

no foil for the zag. Just a coal right on the baccy'
Old September 19th, 2009, 10:17 PM
brando147
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley View Post
I put my coals directly on it, but I don't recommend that to mortals. (I'm an ass heh.)

How much did you get? I recommend doing what abu said, but I also heavily recommend you mix some up and then store it for a long time. I have some Salloum Plain I only mixed with honey that has aged and man, I just wish I had done it with more because it's ridiculously good.

Might want to microwave your combination for an extremely short duration as well.
last time i used honey, i wound up with a BUNCH of honey cooked onto my phunnel bowl... and how long do you recommend aging it for?
Old September 20th, 2009, 08:51 AM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by brando147 View Post
last time i used honey, i wound up with a BUNCH of honey cooked onto my phunnel bowl... and how long do you recommend aging it for?
I was a minimalist with my honey on my Salloum Plain, so I guess use a lot less than you were. Wet your fingers and mix it up very well.

I mixed it up in a bag and then forgot about it so it's been about 4 months since I cracked it open but DAMN am I glad I did. Again, I wish I had more. In fact I'm going to get up off my ass and go make some, thanks for the inspiration!
Old September 20th, 2009, 12:39 PM
brando147
Hookah Nut

thanks bob... i'll have to give this a try... last time i smoked zag, it wasn't pleasant, but i think i messed up the setup and i was smoking with a small hookah (less time to chill the smoke)
Old September 20th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Frolie
Hookah Newbie

How i do it :
Fill the vase with cold water and one or two ice cubes, get a shallow egyptian style bowl and pack it like a small hill not too tight not too loose and a bit higher in the middle.
Take three small(!) coals and put them in the bowl near the edges touching the sides of your hill in the middle.
Have some tea and something to eat with it and take it slow
Old September 20th, 2009, 05:38 PM
FusionX
Hookah Enthusiast

how long should the glycerin marinate in the shisha before I could smoke it? Honey is a nogo for me because it has ruined many bowls
Old September 20th, 2009, 06:36 PM
twoapplesplease
Hookah Guru

I'll say this ditch the phunnel for a shallow wide egyptian pile that zag high as you can place 2 natural coals right on tobacco and smoke.

I also heard mixing zag 50/50 with mizo is da bomb smoked like regular nakhla
Old September 20th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

Yea, dude, mix taht zag with some Nakhla or something, throw a few drops of honey and it is set.....or go no foil
Old October 5th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Lots of bad info in this thread. First of all one should not expect a traditional product like Zaghloul to produce a huge amount of smoke since the smoke one gets from mod moassels is a result of glycerin. Instead, the black style moassels are all about taste so if you want clouds best stick with candied dreck.

I think it's a terrible idea to place the coals directly on the moassel since you burn it and that makes for a hot, harsh smoke that kills the flavour. You can try it that way if you like but I really hate the taste of Zaghloul when it's burnt.

Instead I recommend four cubes of a good quality natural coal to start (wait about 2 minutes before drawing the smoke) and then bring it back to three cubes of coal. Wiat a good 30 - 45 seconds between drawls since zag is a good deal stringer then what most people hear are used to. In terms of hole patterns I use 4 pin hole columns spaced about 1/4" a part. Hopefully this helps.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook