Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

How to pack a shallow egyptian clay bowl?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 20th, 2009, 01:04 PM
SickestOfMindz
Hookah Newbie

Default How to pack a shallow egyptian clay bowl?

Hey everyone. So ive seen dozens of videos on how to pack a phunnel bowl, dozens on how to pack a vortex bowl. But not really any on *shallow* egyptian bowls. Ive been rummaging through the forums and have had a hard time finding a how to on that. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how...or point me in the right direction of finding how. Here is a pic of the bowl just in case you dont know what im talking about. Thanks everyone!!!

Old September 20th, 2009, 01:19 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

Default Re: How to pack a shallow egyptian clay bowl?

just pack it under the rim. as long as the foil isnt touching the tobacco it will smoke fine. I have an egyptian just like this and has smoked fine.

Old September 20th, 2009, 01:20 PM
brando147
Hookah Nut

no video needed really... just make sure to sprinkle it in and not pack it too high, as well as poke smaller holes in the foil... this is how i pack my mini egyptian bowl and it smokes GREAT this way
Old September 20th, 2009, 01:25 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

i'll have to disagree, i think you can pack it high, loosely, and make like a "dome" with the foil, it can touch, and poke holes all the way through. It will burn on really wet tobacco, however, I would do that with Nak or Tangiers. I really should try it before advising but I am sure it will work, maybe time for a test.
Old September 20th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
i'll have to disagree, i think you can pack it high, loosely, and make like a "dome" with the foil, it can touch, and poke holes all the way through. It will burn on really wet tobacco, however, I would do that with Nak or Tangiers. I really should try it before advising but I am sure it will work, maybe time for a test.
Agree 100% .. I always do that with Nakhla DA, I overpack it and make alot of small holes. It smokes great !! BTW, if you use the proper amount of heat, you are not going to burn your tobacco even if it touches the foil.
Old September 20th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Matt-641
Hookah Pro

Dryer shisha like Nakhla are fine to overpack a little in a standard egyptian. But wetter shisha you want it a little below the rim.
Old September 20th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Frolie
Hookah Newbie

You also could make a "ring" with tinfoil at the height you want it,put it in the bowl then fill that up, foil over it and continue as usual.
Old September 20th, 2009, 01:38 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Quote:
Shiha cafes do it all the time over here and works a treat with AF
Old September 20th, 2009, 01:48 PM
SickestOfMindz
Hookah Newbie

Really great stuff guys. Thank you very much. This looks like it was a definetely needed post.
Old September 20th, 2009, 02:01 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

yep, definitely a good post. you will have to experiment with different methods to get it down the way you like, and, report back with results,
john
Old September 20th, 2009, 02:05 PM
CypherEnigma
Hookah Pro

The standard Egyptian is by far my favorite bowl right now. Its simple to pack, and it lasts for one round of coals perfectly. Just KISS(Keep it simple stupid) and it will pay you back with great sessions.

36" Al Falkher Solid - 36" KM Copper Heart Two Hose - 22" Temsah Mini-Wheat(a.k.a. Golden Nugget)
Old September 20th, 2009, 06:23 PM
twoapplesplease
Hookah Guru

I use one of these bowls and smoke nakhla.this bowl should be packed exactly like this;Hand full of nakhla dumped in bowl so a nice mound is formed so that theres as much tobacco in the bowl as there is above the rim than squish it down with foil and poke large bamboo skewer holes in it.Place on hookah add coals and smoke.
Old September 20th, 2009, 09:43 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

i kinda want to try the overpack method but honestly am a bit weary of burning my tobacco

-matt
Old September 20th, 2009, 10:44 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

i like the space. i used to not use the space, but its easier to get the right balance of body and flavor for me if i use more heat and no contact....

if you have the tobacco touching, you usually need no more than 1 coal, 2 coals is pushing it, and 3 coals is just lung cancer.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old September 20th, 2009, 11:24 PM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
i kinda want to try the overpack method but honestly am a bit weary of burning my tobacco

-matt
just finished up a great session with Nakhla Fak fruits using the overpack method in an Egyptian bowl. Thick clouds and fantastic flavor. Didnt burn either, poked tons of holes with thumbtack and used 2 coconaras.
Old September 21st, 2009, 12:13 PM
glostersa
Hookah Master

On My Small Egyptian I pack the tobacco in till above the rim Foil the bowl Poke 7 holes with a toothpick 1 center 6 around the outside (midway) make sure to poke toothpick through the tobacco to bottom of bowl light up 1 QL (all I can Get here) when ready place on bowl and smoke. No Burning just clouds and Flavor

I only Have Egyptian Bowls
Old September 21st, 2009, 10:15 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

i killed my nakhla da tonight, packed up a bowl and saw i had enough for either 2 normal bowls or one super pack, so was ballsy and went with the super pack... it worked really well. poked big holes down and the draw was awesome, taste was alright, great smoke, lasted about 2 rounds of coals. it did have a different flavor and tasted a bit charred for the first min but went away. im going to try this with other drier shishas too

-matt
Old September 22nd, 2009, 01:12 AM
jayrunner89
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jayrunner89

i have a vid on it but all i do is pack under the rim
Old September 22nd, 2009, 01:55 AM
sc607b
Hookah Newbie

lately i've been packing my nakhla a bit over the rim and so far it's been working out really well just seemed strange at first because i wasn't used to the "sizzle" sound.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 01:42 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

Matt. Glad to hear it worked out. I was excited and made a big deal when I got great results with nak and a phunnel. Then jrunner ruined it for me too. He under packs and gets great results. It just shows that you need to experiment and find out which way works best for you.
I'm planning on sherezade in a phunnel bowl this week. I will be reporting back.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 04:13 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Matt. Glad to hear it worked out. I was excited and made a big deal when I got great results with nak and a phunnel. Then jrunner ruined it for me too. He under packs and gets great results. It just shows that you need to experiment and find out which way works best for you.
I'm planning on sherezade in a phunnel bowl this week. I will be reporting back.
ya i gave up on the phunnel honestly, even a hard pack of nakhla in it i can squeeze 2 rounds of coals out of it thats with a space in there and i use a crap load of tobacco, with the egyptian at least i get the same amount of time and use less and get better results. i do however also usually under pack slightly and smoke times pack it a bit harder than normal and get good results too, so i think a lot of it is just in the heat management as apposed to if its touching or not

-matt
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook