Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Looking for Quality Syrian

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 21st, 2009, 01:42 PM
austinthecity
Hookah Pro

Default Looking for Quality Syrian

I've been out of the forum loop for a while but I am back and needing some advice.

I apologize for not using the search feature - I'm not sure the results would answer the specific question I have. I also apologize in advance for possibly mentioning a banned vendor; I just would like to be as specific as possible in describing the hookah I am looking for.

I am looking for a solid brass stem Syrian like the ones sold by J&R a year or so back. I am looking for a teardrop base if that design is still out there. I liked the stems that came apart in several pieces for easier storage/cleaning.

Are there any good vendors out there that have something like this now?

Thanks in advance!
Austin
Old September 21st, 2009, 01:46 PM
kingboyb
Banned

Default Re: Looking for Quality Syrian

The only Syrians I know of are at HC and HJ. HJ ones seem to be of slightly better quality.. I don't know about the base part though...
Old September 21st, 2009, 02:00 PM
glostersa
Hookah Master

http://www.**********.com/category.sc?categoryId=22 Syrians
Old September 21st, 2009, 02:51 PM
austinthecity
Hookah Pro

I saw the AF hookah - and I also saw that they improved a lot on them (downstem, removable 2nd tray, etc).

However, it still doesn't have a solid brass downstem. Does anyone still sell these?

The teardrop base isn't that big of a deal - just looking for the quality downstem that I saw a year or two ago..
Old September 21st, 2009, 04:09 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinthecity View Post
I saw the AF hookah - and I also saw that they improved a lot on them (downstem, removable 2nd tray, etc).

However, it still doesn't have a solid brass downstem. Does anyone still sell these?

The teardrop base isn't that big of a deal - just looking for the quality downstem that I saw a year or two ago..
the downstem isnt really any different and didnt need improvement, you just had to fill the water higher. what they did do is change the shape of the glass on most of the rigs while keeping the same style (blue w/ flowers) making the downstem appear to go deeper in, but again, it has no affect on you, if you were blind, the fact that the downstem was shorter meant you needed more water in the base. also the old af had a removable tray as well.

h-s syrians are not of the same caliber as they used to be. syrians are becoming a harder find, all you can do is keep any eye out for some quality brass.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old September 21st, 2009, 06:41 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

AF hookah. My downstem, in the older version, is normal sized. Best hookah I have ever owned.
Old September 21st, 2009, 07:25 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

i got the 28" man, it seemed exactly like the one i sold to BP, the stem goes down into the base, it just doesnt hang out at the bottom of it...so idk what the complaing be about.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old September 21st, 2009, 07:34 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Mine also has a brass downstem.
Old September 21st, 2009, 07:42 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

my 36" AF sits in a bohemian jar and i have no problems with the downstem.

my old style syrian glyph has the same exact size downstem and i never have problems.

you only need the water half an inch over the bottom of the downstem so its really never a problem...if anything you can always weld extra piping and drill a ton of wholes in it if you want a diffuser.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook