Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Nakhla Margarita-anise taste..?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 21st, 2009, 08:09 PM
Matt-641
Hookah Pro

Default Nakhla Margarita-anise taste..?

Well I smoked earlier today and it did not turn out how I had planned

I was smoking Nakhla S Margarita, which I had smoked quite a few times before and it tastes great. However today, it ended up having a slight anise taste at the beginning. So I decided to deal with it in hopes that that taste would go away and it did eventually, but as soon as it started tasting good, I had got really light headed and decided to end the session. Then a little bit later, I actually got sick from it. I have not been sick from smoking in a long time and I'm not new to Nakhla either, so it confused the hell out of me that I was actually feeling sick from smoking. BTW, I had just eaten before I started smoking and I had some water with me during the session that I was drinking.

So what the heck? Did it go bad (doubtful imo). I'm just really confused how this would happen.

Anyone know what might have gone wrong...?
Old September 21st, 2009, 10:09 PM
wally
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: Nakhla Margarita-anise taste..?

Hmmm maybe your coals were the problem. You were using naturals or quicklights?
Old September 21st, 2009, 10:12 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

doubt the taste was from the tobacco, probably ghosting or just your buds picking up a similar taste. as to getting sick maybe the coals werent fully lit or something or maybe it was just a bad day

-matt
Old September 21st, 2009, 10:17 PM
Matt-641
Hookah Pro

Coals were CH nats, so I know they are good coals, and they were definitely fully lit by the time I put them on.

I think the ghosting is a possibility since I used my KM hose, but I've never smoked an anise tasting shisha out of that hose, for good reason too.
Old September 21st, 2009, 10:40 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

i agree w/ matt, possible ghosting

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old September 22nd, 2009, 10:00 AM
MichaelMassacre
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to MichaelMassacre

Probably ghosting... But you got it from Sam's... eh? Some of their stock stays for a long time haha. But I doubt that'd be the reason
Old September 22nd, 2009, 10:06 AM
ChronicHookah
Banned

i would say ghosting too, especially if you have smoked from this batch before and didn't notice any anise flavor.
a strange thing about nakhla and how i thought there was a ghost flavor from the shisha itself. Last night I smoked Nak Coconut for the 2nd time in a week. While there was a coconut flavor, it seemed as though there was just as much a vanilla flavor and I haven't had vanilla for a couple of months. Not to thread jack but has anyone notice the similarity in the 2? I think it's bc they are both lighter flavors but have a natural tobacco flavor presence.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 02:06 PM
Matt-641
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMassacre View Post
Probably ghosting... But you got it from Sam's... eh? Some of their stock stays for a long time haha. But I doubt that'd be the reason
Actually I got it from John a while back. Not saying anything bad about John's products though.

Maybe my body just doesn't want me to smoke much anymore, so it's rebelling lol
Old September 22nd, 2009, 02:14 PM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-641 View Post
Actually I got it from John a while back. Not saying anything bad about John's products though.

Maybe my body just doesn't want me to smoke much anymore, so it's rebelling lol
maybe take a break from smoking for a couple days. Ive noticed that if ive been smoking daily plus my usual snuffing i start to not feel well after about a week. I think the nicotine built up faster than my body could get rid of it and i was starting to feel sick from it. After a couple days i was fine.
If your not drinking enough fluids your body might not be able to flush the nicotine from your body quick enough. I read somewhere that the nicotine tends to gravitate to the liver so it may take some time for it to process it out.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 04:10 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

also just smoking the same thing over and over or the environment your in. i blow glass and do metal work so i am around a lot of dust, dirt, heat, smoke, etc so my smell gets messed with thus stuff tastes a lot different

-matt
Old September 22nd, 2009, 11:05 PM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGPOPPA View Post
maybe take a break from smoking for a couple days. Ive noticed that if ive been smoking daily plus my usual snuffing i start to not feel well after about a week. I think the nicotine built up faster than my body could get rid of it and i was starting to feel sick from it. After a couple days i was fine.
If your not drinking enough fluids your body might not be able to flush the nicotine from your body quick enough. I read somewhere that the nicotine tends to gravitate to the liver so it may take some time for it to process it out.
That you are right BP...

"As nicotine enters the body, it is distributed quickly through the bloodstream and can cross the blood-brain barrier. On average it takes about seven seconds for the substance to reach the brain when inhaled[citation needed]. The half life of nicotine in the body is around two hours.[11]
The amount of nicotine absorbed by the body from smoking depends on many factors, including the type of tobacco, whether the smoke is inhaled, and whether a filter is used. For chewing tobacco, dipping tobacco, snus and snuff, which are held in the mouth between the lip and gum, or taken in the nose, the amount released into the body tends to be much greater than smoked tobacco. Nicotine is metabolized in the liver by cytochrome P450 enzymes (mostly CYP2A6, and also by CYP2B6). A major metabolite is cotinine.
Other primary metabolites include nicotine N'-oxide, nornicotine, nicotine isomethonium ion, 2-hydroxynicotine and nicotine glucuronide.[12]
Gluconuration and oxidative metabolism of nicotine to cotinine are both inhibited by menthol, an additive to mentholated cigarettes, thus increasing the half-life of nicotine in vivo"

Last edited by hookahman1988; September 22nd, 2009 at 11:10 PM.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 11:10 PM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

If this it true it explain why napping after a session is always a great idea.

"Research suggests that, when smokers wish to achieve a stimulating effect, they take short quick puffs, which produce a low level of blood nicotine.[33] This stimulates nerve transmission. When they wish to relax, they take deep puffs, which produce a high level of blood nicotine, which depresses the passage of nerve impulses, producing a mild sedative effect. At low doses, nicotine potently enhances the actions of norepinephrine and dopamine in the brain, causing a drug effect typical of those of psychostimulants. At higher doses, nicotine enhances the effect of serotonin and opiate activity, producing a calming, pain-killing effect. Nicotine is unique in comparison to most drugs, as its profile changes from stimulant to sedative/pain killer in increasing dosages and use."
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook