Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Looking to add to my collection

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
Old May 18th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Hookah Pro
Default Looking to add to my collection

So in a few weeks i will be in the market for a new hookah. I'm lookin for something medium sized, about 60-80 dollars. any suggestions?
Old May 18th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Sambooka Jr.

Default Re: Looking to add to my collection

Yeah, read my review, about the KM!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old May 18th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Hookah Nut

check out the Hookahs on the Nargile club. Plus for that kind of Money you would get a Jar of Shisha and coals. The Hookahs are Syrian Nours
Old May 19th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Send a message via ICQ to hookahlife Send a message via AIM to hookahlife

Hey angemonkwj,

Buying a new hookah is always an exciting event, have fun with it! In my opinion the best hookahs for the money are Khalil Mamoun or Mya Sarays. Hookahcompany.com has a nice 28" KM, as for Mya Sarays you really are limited to a few models based on your budget, and since you're looking for a medium sized hookah, my recommendation would be their acrylic hookah, they're very durable, look nice, and smoke beautifully.

If you are interested we'll be getting the Mya Saray acrylic along with a few other Mya Saray models within the next few weeks, you'll also receive a 15% discount by using the hookahpro.com discount code "hookahpro". Look around; read some more reviews, and see what kind of hookah you like, I'm sure you'll end up with a Khalil Mamoun or a Mya.

Hope this helps, good luck!
Old May 31st, 2007, 01:27 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

If your still looking around for your next purchase I'd like to make a few suggestions.

First, the most important thing to look for is build quality which is damn hard to judge on the internet. If you want some specific guidelines Iíll post them. If your not sure about judging welds, plating, glass construction, tightness of fit and other indicators of build quality youíre left with going with a few well established brands which Iíll mention shortly.

Before I go on, I strongly recommend against Chinese hookah in part because I abhor the use of child and slave labour, the suppression of unions and supporting neo-totalitarianism with your hard earned money. When you buy a narghile you should be getting something that will last you a great many years and frankly, Mya products have always been a disappointment to me as far as quality of smoke and long term durability goes. Also, Iíve heard far to many people complain about Mya customer service to want to deal with them again.

Instead, I suggest buying a well made Syrian or Egyptian rig because youíll be getting something made by people that know and understand what this hobby is all about and youíll be helping people make a better life for themselves by providing you with a nicely crafted object youíll take pride in owning and using.

In terms of Egyptian rigs Iíd suggest the El Ashry brand which has great quality and is in your price range. Iíve yet to hear anything but praise for this brand and I use one myself. A second option is Khalel Mamoun which makes wonderful stuff although leather hoses are not something Iíd recommend so if you get the KM buy Smileyís washable hose and use it instead.

As far as Syrian narhgiles Smiley is widely regarded as a good source although Iíve not bought from him personally he's a good man worthy of support to my mind. I can also hardily recommend my friend Jimmy Zaid at Hookah Etc. As a great source for inexpensive, brass cored narghiles from Syria that fantastic smoking pleasure. His service is first rate and he has some very nice stuff not on his site so drop him a line. Lastly, if your able to swing a bit more (about 90 USD) I know the people over at Arabica Souk whose narghiles are so beautiful and functional youíd cry with joy if you had one. If your interested drop me a line and Iíll tell you how to get in touch with them. Iíll post some stuff about them and a review next week.

If you have any questions just ask.

Oh, by the way, I have no business connection with any of the companies I mentioned other then as a customer.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook