Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

hydro herbal shisha

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 22nd, 2009, 12:20 AM
foster21
Hookah Newbie

Default hydro herbal shisha

i would like to get everyone's thoughts on this "natural?" shisha, i smoke admitidly way too much and its really not doing all that good, rather then the obvious just stop i fell upon this at southsmoke http://www.southsmoke.com/pd-hydro-h...lasses-50g.cfm i ordered it and its on its way, does anyone know a less harmful method or suggestions?
Old September 22nd, 2009, 12:27 AM
DanyalAkkaya
Hookah Pro

Default Re: hydro herbal shisha

I have no experience with this shisha but here is a link to a couple of reviews from our members. Maybe this can help a bit?

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...ighlight=hyrdo
Old September 22nd, 2009, 12:31 AM
foster21
Hookah Newbie

thanks i saw a couple of these but none covered the real no tar or tobacco deal thanks though
Old September 22nd, 2009, 01:35 AM
TheGirlfriend
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to TheGirlfriend

Tea shisha from hookah hookah i love it. Smokes great it looks and feels alot like tangiers and it tastes great. No tar no nic.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 02:16 AM
foster21
Hookah Newbie

now what does no tar no nic mean, it still has to be relatively bad for you yes?
Old September 22nd, 2009, 04:00 AM
DreadRaven
Hookah Newbie

smoking anything, be it herbal or tobacco, is going to be bad for you man. If you're gonna smoke...then smoke, and smoke what you like. If you're worried about your health...just cut back a little.

im not trying to be a prick here, just seems like you're splitting hairs.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 05:48 AM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadRaven View Post
smoking anything, be it herbal or tobacco, is going to be bad for you man. If you're gonna smoke...then smoke, and smoke what you like. If you're worried about your health...just cut back a little.

im not trying to be a prick here, just seems like you're splitting hairs.
I agree with this a lot. Combustion is combustion, just because its not tobacco and there's low/no tar (what does that even mean? no tar) doesn't mean it's jam packed full of antioxidants.

If you think you're smoking too much, control yourself. Give yourself a break from the hookah for a week then go to nightly sessions or every other night.

If you want my opinion of herbals, I thought they were all crud a few years until I tried a sample of the black label stuff. I think someone gave me butterscotch or I got it from a free promotion, stuff was damn good for lawn clippings and tree bark. Haven't tried the brand you're talking about, from what I can tell it's a relatively new product.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 05:51 AM
KillerB
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KillerB Send a message via MSN to KillerB

The no tar and no nicotine is really just a way of making people feel safer about smoking. I fyou notice that about 99% of the regular "shisha" says 0% tar as well... thats because when smoking hookah properly there is no combustion of the tobacco so no tar can be released. The nicotine content of most hookah tobacco is also pretty low, but i am fairly certain that nicotine, in and of itself, isnt a harmful substance. Just addictive.

There has also been some studies that have shown a possible corrolation between smoke from sugar cane bagasse and some kind of lung disease... so who knows.

Smoking anything is bad for you, introducing foreign substances to your body like that is not good. This is a choice you are consciously making everytime you set up and smoke your hookah. If you dont like it, dont smoke.

I, on the other hand, fully acknowledge and accept the risks and smoke anyways... because i enjoy it. And whats the point of living if not to enjoy the life given to you?
22" Temsaah Mini-Wheat
Old September 22nd, 2009, 06:19 AM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerB View Post
The no tar and no nicotine is really just a way of making people feel safer about smoking. I fyou notice that about 99% of the regular "shisha" says 0% tar as well... thats because when smoking hookah properly there is no combustion of the tobacco so no tar can be released. The nicotine content of most hookah tobacco is also pretty low, but i am fairly certain that nicotine, in and of itself, isnt a harmful substance. Just addictive.

There has also been some studies that have shown a possible corrolation between smoke from sugar cane bagasse and some kind of lung disease... so who knows.

Smoking anything is bad for you, introducing foreign substances to your body like that is not good. This is a choice you are consciously making everytime you set up and smoke your hookah. If you dont like it, dont smoke.

I, on the other hand, fully acknowledge and accept the risks and smoke anyways... because i enjoy it. And whats the point of living if not to enjoy the life given to you?
amen to that.

Good point on the no tar bit, I kind of thought along those lines but wasn't entirely sure. As far as the nicotine bit, I agree. Most people are just conditioned to believe that the nicotine is what makes tobacco products in general evil, with less emphasis on all the other stuff thrown in during processing.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 11:43 AM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

I am gonna have to do the normal lay down on this:

First off it isnt any more natural than tobacco. Tobacco still grows from the earth...just like the sugarcane hydro comes from. Thats right sugarcane, not herbs, and infact its even more specific than that, bagasse, which is crushed sugar cane.

There are many ties with bagasse and pulmonary fibrosis (just google the studies, i hate doing it each time haha) so add the potential risk of lung cancer from smoking (you still are smoking...) and add pulmonary fibrosis, which by the studies, seems more than just a risk, and you got a product that is actually worse for you.

It also does not taste as good, and does not have as good of a body as tobacco, there is a reason that tobacco was the chosen leaf to smoke, very similar to why we use lettuce and not pine needles in our salads...it just works better that way.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook