Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

To all hookah beginners

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 23rd, 2009, 07:15 PM
freezingwar
Hookah Nut

Default To all hookah beginners

While there are endless posts as mine here at hookahpro, let me tell you that I have seen the light today by having my first successful hookah with natural coals. Thanks to all of the members advices I ordered a box of coconaras even though I leave outside the U.S. and took a while to get them. But alas, even after failing twice to use the coals, I can say that when done right they are hookah nirvana. So to all people that are starting to join the hookah passion, make the move! Some tips are that yes, having an electric stove helps a lot, but it will still require some effort. Even leaving the coals for 10 or 15 minutes, they have a high chance of cooling down, my best advice is to cook the hell out of them, and blow some air, even better with a hair dryer. Don't worry if it burns out again, just keep on trying and use a wind cover! even a homemade can will do the job. I'm still a long way of experimenting with natural coals but they are really worth it! Beat the hell out of my three kings even if they are one of the best quick light coals, and i would love to here even more tips from the real hookah pros! So heres to you fellow smokers for opening my eyes!
Old September 23rd, 2009, 07:22 PM
luqyno1
Hookah Nut

Default Re: To all hookah beginners

well come to the world of hookah at its best, swift lites? hmmmm.... seems so long ago, so glad i picked up sum naturals from a friends house.........whats that u say tongue?......your having a party and loving the taste of the shisha without the chemicals.....well your welcome.....lol
Old September 23rd, 2009, 07:46 PM
Dee
Hookah Pro

I've only tried quick lights a couple of times, Golden Coals, and just can't stand them! I've used coconaras and liked them very much, but I've settled (for now at least) on the ******* Hookah nats. They seem to burn a little faster then the coconaras but they are less expensive and work great!
Old September 23rd, 2009, 07:55 PM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezingwar View Post
While there are endless posts as mine here at hookahpro, let me tell you that I have seen the light today by having my first successful hookah with natural coals. Thanks to all of the members advices I ordered a box of coconaras even though I leave outside the U.S. and took a while to get them. But alas, even after failing twice to use the coals, I can say that when done right they are hookah nirvana. So to all people that are starting to join the hookah passion, make the move! Some tips are that yes, having an electric stove helps a lot, but it will still require some effort. Even leaving the coals for 10 or 15 minutes, they have a high chance of cooling down, my best advice is to cook the hell out of them, and blow some air, even better with a hair dryer. Don't worry if it burns out again, just keep on trying and use a wind cover! even a homemade can will do the job. I'm still a long way of experimenting with natural coals but they are really worth it! Beat the hell out of my three kings even if they are one of the best quick light coals, and i would love to here even more tips from the real hookah pros! So heres to you fellow smokers for opening my eyes!
Welcome dood!
Old September 24th, 2009, 12:03 AM
jayrunner89
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jayrunner89

ur welcome man
Old September 24th, 2009, 03:13 AM
hookahmax22
Hookah Newbie

I figure this might be the thread to ask a newb question. I love using natural coals, however if im having a session and my coals run out before my shisha, I dont like having to run to the kitchen to heat up more coals.

Is it ok to light all the coals you need at once and let the ones your not using yet sit in the tray till you are ready to use them? I would assume they wouldnt ash as much as the others that are on the bowl because there is no draw that is sucking air out of them burning them. Do any of you put them in a container that keeps the heat in? I just want to know if there is an alternative to lighting them up halfway through a sesh.
Old September 24th, 2009, 03:17 AM
DanyalAkkaya
Hookah Pro

I usually use 3 coconaras on my bowl and about 45mins into my session I check out my coals and if they are small but still usable I just light up 1 more coal but I cut it in half.

Since the bowl has already been smoking for some time you don't need as much heat as you would when you start the session since the shisha is already cooking.

And when the new coals I put get small I just throw on the windcover.

But usually I only use 3 cocos and I could get a good hour of smoke. Thats good enough for me.
Old September 24th, 2009, 11:06 AM
omgheyitskenny
Hookah Nut

You could have just ordered shishabrico
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook