Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Solo hookah session

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 25th, 2009, 01:33 AM
Aribomb
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Aribomb Send a message via MSN to Aribomb
Default Re: Solo hookah session

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonJPooding View Post
im pretty antisocial. I like people, but people piss me off so much. if that makes any sense :P so i usually smoke alone.
youd be surprised how many people share that feeling
Old September 25th, 2009, 04:37 AM
krampi
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to krampi

I usually smoke alone, because most of my friends do not enjoy smoking hookah. Sometimes when I have friends over, who like it; or for example on summer when we went out for a holiday there were sometimes 6-7 people who wanted to smoke my hose ( ). What I hate, that most of them just keeping the hose, but not smoking from it, and than the bowl starts to burn, and after 10 mins when it gets back to me I consider that the smoke is harsh ... :s So what I want to say, is that it's hard to be the one, who knows how to manage a hookah But when I only smoke with 2-3 people it's not a big deal.

Btw I smoke my hookah 95% alone. I love smoking alone. I can do everything how I like
Old September 25th, 2009, 08:32 AM
DesertPalm
Hookah Newbie

Smoke by myself unless Some one comes over or something,But usually just chill watch a movie/tv and take hits.But Try out smoking in the Garden in the fresh air that rocks.
Old September 25th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aribomb View Post
how many of you guys have smoked alone or enjoy smoking alone?

i smoked alone today and its not the first time but it just felt wrong
I smoke alone almost every morning, i get home from work and my ritual is to chill outside with a bowl of yummy shisha to relax and get rdy for bed. I work overnight : /. but i do enjoy the comradery with my friends too...sometimes though you just havta chill and take it easy.
Old September 25th, 2009, 08:57 AM
cuellar
Hookah Nut

Theres nothing wrong with smoking alone, it can be really relaxing to have some quiet personal time with a hookah

But on the other hand, smoking with friends is always a great time (as long as they dont hog the hoses)
Old September 25th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Chuumba
Hookah Newbie

I love smoking alone - it lets you manage the hookah properly and sit back with a book/music. When I have people over and it's just shisha they seem to hog the hose too much and I get pissed off, but the other day I had ran out so I used rolling tobacco - they couldn't handle more than a couple of puffs so it kept the hose moving - success!
Old September 25th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuumba View Post
I love smoking alone - it lets you manage the hookah properly and sit back with a book/music. When I have people over and it's just shisha they seem to hog the hose too much and I get pissed off, but the other day I had ran out so I used rolling tobacco - they couldn't handle more than a couple of puffs so it kept the hose moving - success!

Bwahahaha you evil basterd you!
Old September 25th, 2009, 09:46 AM
MichaelMassacre
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to MichaelMassacre

I'm a 1-3 bowl a day smoker on the weekdays & on friday & saturdays I may smoke up to 7-8 bowls. This is new since I have my own place. I've only gotten to smoke alone about 2-3 times in the past month.
I prefer smoking alone most of the time though since the relaxation comes through when I am alone. Always too much to worry about with other people. But I love the Hookah compliments
Old September 25th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Elevation Pro
Hookah Newbie

Smoking alone is cool cause you can take your time and be a hookah hog!
Old September 25th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Aribomb
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevation Pro View Post
Smoking alone is cool cause you can take your time and be a hookah hog!
im a hookah hog no matter what unless its someone elses hookah
Old September 25th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Biloshambles
Hookah Nut

smoking hookah alone is...weird lol, like drinking alone or something, just doesn't seem right. Much more fun with friends, good conversation, good music, good brews
Old September 25th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Luv2Smoke
Hookah Pro

I smoke alone most of the time. I do smoke with friends aswell but I prefer to smoke alone because they can't smoke properly, they take small pulls as if a mouse is smoking and the shisha turns cold and they prefer AF instead of Nakhla. One of my very close friends is a smoker like me but if I invite him then I have to invite the others too so I font bother. I don't literally smoke alone, I have my wife with me but just me who smokes. I actually prefer to smoke with my younger brother than my friends, he smokes it properly, doesn't hog it, never complains and seems to enjoy every flavour I do, a real cool guy to smoke with.

If you only smoke shisha as a social activity for you and your friends then i can understand you feeling uncomfortable smoking alone but if you smoke to unwind at the end of the day like I go then there's nothing odd about it. Is it odd to smoke a cigerette alone? To have a shower alone?

Last edited by Luv2Smoke; September 25th, 2009 at 04:01 PM.
Old September 25th, 2009, 10:25 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

since i got my own rig i would say 99% of my smokes are alone, there are very few people i like smoking with frequently and usually when i smoke with them we each have out own rigs cause all of us are hogs. i usually pack up my hookah after ive come back from the studio, got some food and taken a shower, put on some tv and just chill. its become a ritual kinda that helps me decompress and distance my self from school since i literally have the closest apartment to the art building (walk across the alley/loading dock area all of 100 feet door to door probably) so it has to be mental

my friends that i smoke with up here at school usually it just becomes kind of a hassle honestly cause its like 3-5 of us on one hookah and passing it all around. i prefer to smoke with just one maybe 2 friends, it is better for conversations and all... now if only this girl im trying to date smokes hookah then i would hopefully not smoke alone as much

-matt
Old September 25th, 2009, 10:47 PM
brando147
Hookah Nut

i love to smoke alone... it gives me lots of time to think and sort things out in life... and also just time to relax after a rough day at work
Old September 25th, 2009, 11:04 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by brando147 View Post
i love to smoke alone... it gives me lots of time to think and sort things out in life... and also just time to relax after a rough day at work
haha, sorting out out life, smoking alone seems to lead me to think about stuff that gets me slightly depressed lol

-matt
Old September 26th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Lowbrowkid
Hookah Newbie

I do watching a movie or play video games, but im more of a people person.
Old September 26th, 2009, 09:21 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

every night for the most part is an alone smoke, well the wife hangs out, but i do the smoking, tonight we have guests so i'm preparing 3 hookahs, mine that nobody is allowed to touch and 2 others for the rest to knock their selves out with.
Old September 26th, 2009, 09:36 PM
DRX1983
Hookah Newbie

I usually some with a couple of friends, get a little COD4 action and and just chill. I try not to smoke alone because I find myself getting a bit nauseous and I do not like that feeling, lol.
Old September 27th, 2009, 12:41 AM
Aribomb
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRX1983 View Post
I usually some with a couple of friends, get a little COD4 action and and just chill. I try not to smoke alone because I find myself getting a bit nauseous and I do not like that feeling, lol.

you just have to watch how much you smoke when your alone most people have the tendency to over do it when there alone
Old September 27th, 2009, 01:50 AM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

While I do enjoy the company of my friends and family, I love smoking hookah alone. Not only does it give you time to really get to know your hookah, but you smoke at your own pace, reminisce about your day and think. It seems that with hookah, people have the tendency to rush it, and not enjoy it for what its worth.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook