Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Im new to hookah,Does it leave a Smell ?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 25th, 2009, 08:36 AM
DesertPalm
Hookah Newbie

Default Im new to hookah,Does it leave a Smell ?

Hey guys Im going to try a hookah for the first time today

I was wondering does it leave a smell on your clothes and breath ??

Like cigarettes do,One of the reasons i hate cigs.
Old September 25th, 2009, 08:37 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006
Default Re: Im new to hookah,Does it leave a Smell ?

Using quicklights may, but naturals coals ive never noticed
Old September 25th, 2009, 08:39 AM
DesertPalm
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelbadboy2006 View Post
Using quicklights may, but naturals coals ive never noticed

So it only leaves the smell of burning coals ? Not the smell of the flavor.
Old September 25th, 2009, 08:54 AM
cuellar
Hookah Nut

The only smell that ive ever had on me was the smell of whatever i was smoking (for example, blueberry, watermelon, tangerine) and its actually really nice.

However the smell can fade really quickly so dont worry about it

Also people who dont smoke shisha wont be able to tell that youve smoked tobacco, to them they just smell whatever you smoked

I also had this concern when first starting, but now its not even a concern for me anymore
Old September 25th, 2009, 08:59 AM
DesertPalm
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuellar View Post
The only smell that ive ever had on me was the smell of whatever i was smoking (for example, blueberry, watermelon, tangerine) and its actually really nice.

However the smell can fade really quickly so dont worry about it

Also people who dont smoke shisha wont be able to tell that youve smoked tobacco, to them they just smell whatever you smoked

I also had this concern when first starting, but now its not even a concern for me anymore

Thanks Its because Im 18 and my mom Doesn't want me smoking I have to live with her for collage,So i was hoping it wouldn't leave a smell. That was one of her rules LOL
Old September 25th, 2009, 09:00 AM
HookahWaffle
Deleted Per User Request

If you're worried about clothing / furniture / paint on the wall, the answer is no. I have non-smokers to my place all the time and tell me they dont even notice I use my hookah every day.

It really leaves no aftersmell, 10-20minutes with a window open and its like it was never even there.

As for breath, naw, just have a glass of something to drink afterwords and its like it was never even there.
Old September 25th, 2009, 09:01 AM
DesertPalm
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookahWaffle View Post
If you're worried about clothing / furniture / paint on the wall, the answer is no. I have non-smokers to my place all the time and tell me they dont even notice I use my hookah every day.

It really leaves no aftersmell, 10-20minutes with a window open and its like it was never even there.

As for breath, naw, just have a glass of something to drink afterwords and its like it was never even there.
Thats great thanks
Old September 25th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertPalm View Post
Thanks Its because Im 18 and my mom Doesn't want me smoking I have to live with her for collage,So i was hoping it wouldn't leave a smell. That was one of her rules LOL
I feel ya, but in a reverse sorta way. my mom chain smokes ultra light cigerettes and always smells like em. and she asked me why I never smell like smoke, my response is that the smoke from a hookah is a lot lighter, and does not get into your cloths...breath wise I never ever get any kind of breath when I smoke, granted I always smoke with something to drink but still I never get the feeling that i need to go brush my teeth after a session.
Old September 25th, 2009, 09:05 AM
DesertPalm
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sui View Post
I feel ya, but in a reverse sorta way. my mom chain smokes ultra light cigerettes and always smells like em. and she asked me why I never smell like smoke, my response is that the smoke from a hookah is a lot lighter, and does not get into your cloths...breath wise I never ever get any kind of breath when I smoke, granted I always smoke with something to drink but still I never get the feeling that i need to go brush my teeth after a session.

So if i smoked out in the garden when she was out,She wouldn't be any the wiser that i had smoked hookah ??
Old September 25th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Gurilla79
Hookah Nut

When I'm alone it leaves no smell or anything But a night with friends and we usually smoke about 6 bowls for about 50 mins each session with a mod bowl or 3 bowls with my funnel for about 3 hours so that long time gives off some smell but its not gross like cigs its more like a perfume which ppl alwas ask about and I tell them
Old September 25th, 2009, 09:10 AM
DesertPalm
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurilla79 View Post
When I'm alone it leaves no smell or anything But a night with friends and we usually smoke about 6 bowls for about 50 mins each session with a mod bowl or 3 bowls with my funnel for about 3 hours so that long time gives off some smell but its not gross like cigs its more like a perfume which ppl alwas ask about and I tell them
'
thanks
Old September 25th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Gurilla79
Hookah Nut

When I'm alone it leaves no smell or anything But a night with friends and we usually smoke about 6 bowls for about 50 mins each session with a mod bowl or 3 bowls with my funnel for about 3 hours so that long time gives off some smell but its not gross like cigs its more like a perfume which ppl alwas ask about and I tell them the wonders about hookah
Old September 25th, 2009, 09:16 AM
cuellar
Hookah Nut

no problem
Old September 25th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Ketrel
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Ketrel
Cool Re: Im new to hookah,Does it leave a Smell ?

What leaves the smell from cigs is tar. The tar sticks to everything cloths furniture roofs paint everything. Our shisha tobacco has 0.0% tar so no, nothing should smell for longer then a few min. Whats more I smoke in my apartment all the time and there is no smell.
Old September 25th, 2009, 12:48 PM
FusionX
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to FusionX

Blue Mist will leave a smell on furniture for a good couple hours
Old September 25th, 2009, 01:12 PM
flippy
Hookah Enthusiast

My clothes never smell after a session, which is awesome. I hate being around people who smoke cigarettes and your clothes reak afterwards.
Old September 25th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Elevation Pro
Hookah Newbie

One thing I like about hookah is that the smell is non intrusive. Cigarrettes are the exact opposite!
Old September 25th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Aribomb
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Aribomb Send a message via MSN to Aribomb

i smoke in my back yard all the time and my parents dont care they just ask me to clean up after myself and not to smell which is no problem
Old September 25th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Dakins
Hookah Pro

Cigarette smoke is disgusting. Other than the smell, obviously, it will leave nicotine and tar residues on the walls and the furniture.

Hookah smoke doesn't have such residues, as it's mostly water vapor. Only the smell will remain. Ex-smokers are often very sensitive about odors, especially when they're from tobacco. Depending on the temper, they will either be slightly annoyed or engage full-on RAGE MODE.

Ventilate the place well at there should be little to no smell after an hour.
Old September 25th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

I smoke blue mist all the time lately, and all it does is make the room smell fruity. Its great! Hookah is awesome in the way that you do not get any smell at all. I have smoked it for a few hours and nothing was on my clothes or hands or anything like that.

The only thing i have noticed, is that the next day after smoking i can still taste the flavor from the tobacco that i was smoking. <shrugs> not sure why though.
Old September 25th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Dakins
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayter View Post
The only thing i have noticed, is that the next day after smoking i can still taste the flavor from the tobacco that i was smoking. <shrugs> not sure why though.
Clean your stuff properly, especially the hose (provided it's washable). Some flavors will ghost your rig and will require you to use vinegar to obliterate them.
Old September 25th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Straykat
Hookah Nut

I'm an ex smoker of many, many years. I quit a few months ago and am hyper sensitive to smells now. As mentioned by Dakins, I absolute hate the smell of smoke now. Annoying hookah smells (for me), come from the initial lighting of coals, which eventually disappear few mins after starting them up when using naturals. The other annoying smoke smell comes from when you accidentally burn your shisha due to over heating, not paying attention, experimentation, etc. Of course, dropping coal on something flamable like carpet will make a smell too. But normal use, nah, depending on the flavor you're smoking, makes the room smell like it. If you smoke primarily fruit flavors, your room will smell like a fruit bowl. Smoke coffee flavors, the room will smell like a Starbucks. If in doubt or just curious, check out a lounge before you try it out in the house.
Old September 25th, 2009, 03:42 PM
flippy
Hookah Enthusiast

I can't stand walking into a house and it just reaks of cigarettes, its just an odor that is almost unbearable to me.
Old September 25th, 2009, 03:56 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

Honestly, I had an ex whose mother smoked constantly, so she hated smokers because of the smell, apparently hookah was pleasant enough not to bother her.

As for the smell of the room, window open should be fine man, however, if you're in her house, it is her rules, I never disrespected my father's non smoking rule in his own house.

If you want to talk her into allowing you to smoke a hookah, remember that smoking a fruit based flavor counts as a serving of fruit.
(the previous statement was entirely preposterous)

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old September 25th, 2009, 04:30 PM
HippieMama
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolinger View Post
however, if you're in her house, it is her rules, I never disrespected my father's non smoking rule in his own house.
This. I try to smoke outside when I can. When my house burned down a few years ago my husband lost his job right after that, so we had to move in with my parents. My mother is a non-smoker. Since I have a child, we do not ever smoke cigarettes in the house; however, my parents have no problems with me smoking the hookah in my bedroom as it's upstairs (my son sleeps downstairs) and the smell does not travel throughout the house.

I'd recommend smoking outside. It's better than trying to figure out whether your mom would detect a faint hint of whatever you were smoking and risk being in trouble, even if you are of legal age. At least smoking outside there wouldn't be that slim chance she'd notice. She may be disappointed in you if she found out you were smoking in general, but at least you'd be respecting her home. As a side-note, she should not be able to pick up any odor of smoke on your clothing.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook