Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Why Are You Here?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 12th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Default Why Are You Here?

A conversation the other day got me to thinking. Bear with me because this might be long hehe I was going to do a poll but I didnt want to limit answers. So tell me....why are you here at Hookah Pro Is it because Sambooka is a cool guy, the forum is laid back, to gain knowledge, for the fellowship with other hookah smokers, product reviews, vendor interaction/deals, awesome chat room, monthly contests, a feeling of belonging...What is it?

My answer is simple. Family. HP feels like family to me. Ever since I came here and didnt get called a stupid noob for asking the same stupid question someone else did and I could have found it via the search button LOL. Its the members that keep me coming back. We have some of the greatest forum members here, hands down. I would also liek to wish you all a Happy Holidays this season and be safe out there.

Billy
Old December 12th, 2007, 01:07 PM
rayver
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Why Are You Here?

I discovered the forum a little over a month ago after looking up shisha making guides on google. I found this forum to have more informative threads than the other hookah resources I found on the internet so ever since then I stuck to HP.

Besides the good topics that go on here I also like the people on here and enjoy chatting in the chatroom. I was also lucky enough to meet sambooka only a few weeks after becoming a new member!
Old December 12th, 2007, 01:11 PM
kingmaddog
Hookah Nut

Send a message via ICQ to kingmaddog Send a message via AIM to kingmaddog Send a message via MSN to kingmaddog Send a message via Yahoo to kingmaddog

I'm here because of the great members and the atmosphere. I met alot of people here and made some friends. I also learned alot here and I did ask some stupid questions at first and didn't get laughed at. I've done some trades here as well and had good experiences with them. Yes Sambooka is a cool guy, there alot of cool people here, and I agree with Billy that everyone here feels like one big hookah family. That is why I'm here.
Old December 12th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Seth_DeNightshade
Hookah Nut

I can't really see much difference between the various resources available. Allmost ultimately it's the same people anyways.

I was, at the time, a fan of what sambookah was trying todo.

JD
Old December 12th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

I migrated on over from elsewhere to find that I liked the vibe around here alot better.

The things that really turned me on where (and are):

1. laid back group and setting. More of an adult crowd. The mods act as mentors, not as thought police.

2. Non-vendor ownership. Unbiased motivation for providing a forum and less potential for bias in treatment of members.

3.Theres a good mix in the topics here.... not just the same noob type questions over and over.

4. I can give flat-out unbridled opinions about how bad Tangiers sux without getting the ban hammer, lol.

Just a good spot to land and chill..
Old December 12th, 2007, 02:36 PM
speel
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to speel

Because i love hookah
Old December 12th, 2007, 02:56 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

I came to HP becasue I wanted a more "adult" feeling at a forum about a hobby I love. I don't enjoy drama, strife, and pushy people. I do enjoy friendship, free thinking, and a sence of commardership (sp) that HP has.

I also like how each N00b is welcome to ask a question, even if a repeate - they aren't yelled at for a simple question or told to use the "search" function without help.

I like how people act like a family: they watch out for each other, have fun, and even if fights break out, try to remain cool & collected (most o'time :}).

I like the ability to throw out suggestions, How-to projects and more without having someone snipe or comment that it's already done. Even if it's been done before, it may be new to that person.

Plus, the info may be the same as other places (as well as some of the faces), but the people's attitude here is the major factor I stay.
Old December 12th, 2007, 03:35 PM
smoke-all-day
Hookah Pro

i am also here because of the sense of community, and the fact that people here are more likely to offer something useful to say rather than give their opinion as to why they think something is dumb, or criticize people. i also like how vendors here are not subject to have posts and accounts deleted with little to no explanation as to why, and new vendors are always welcome.

that being said i also like that this site isnt owned by some crappy vendor, and that samb participates in discussion rather than acting like he must censor whatever he feels, and doesnt abuse his power around here
Old December 12th, 2007, 04:05 PM
wuonice
Hookah Newbie

all the vendors still have a chance here. i feel it's pointless to be over there while all my favorite vendors are banned. i can't post reviews for them, i can't mention one of their names, if i mention another favorites name a mod comes shortly after and demonizes them. saying to stay away from that business.

and mya fan boys annoy me
Old December 12th, 2007, 05:20 PM
nofrendo
Hookah Nut

I originally came here because of Smiley's suggestion... but I stopped going elsewhere because I feel more at home here I guess... Since there is a smaller group to interact with, I feel like I know you guys more. Plus, here, we don't discriminate against vendors... or have any hidden agendas

I am a mya fan... I dunno if I'm a fanboy quite yet though...
Old December 12th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Seth_DeNightshade
Hookah Nut

I don't think there is any hidden agendas. They are quite open! My only regret is that with the splitting of things is that there are a lot of folks that i consider friends that i no longer have a relationship with.

boomhauer, Lake, pbpredator and nofredo, Robb [G.O.D.] spring painfully to mind.

JD - Sad.
Old December 12th, 2007, 05:48 PM
boomhauer
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boomhauer Send a message via Yahoo to boomhauer

why im here? not going into detail on that but if you looked up my first post there you can get some of the story.

why i stay here is because its actually a good place to hang out, i mean look at me i spend nearly every waking moment when im at my house on this forum or in the chat room. there are some great people to just "sit down" and talk to in chat just about anything really. the forums dont treat new people with any bias, if someone has a question we will answer it to the best of our ability without saying crap like "R3@|) 73|-| F0r|_|/\/\Z". the fact that it is not vendor owned leads to no bias against any vendor who comes on here. the lack of hundreds if not thousands of topics all on tangiers asking the exact same things. the less drama on here. stuff i cant think of right now
Old December 12th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Martello
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Martello

I'm here because it was the first thing that popped up on Google and i lucked out haha
Old December 12th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Great answers so far! Let me clarify a bit,this is not meant to be a bash fest or a why are you here RATHER than there type of deal. Its more of a "What is it about HP that makes you click on that bookmark, what keeps you coming back" I am a forum troll, I subscribe to hundreds literally. So I just wanted to know what makes others click here. No hidden agendas, nothing like that. Its all based on a conversation I had with another forum member a few days ago that got me thinking about it.

Billy
Old December 12th, 2007, 06:08 PM
mr weenis
Hookah Nut

i found it in my english class while trying to find answers for questions....i had just bought my first hookah....i stuck around because everyone is super nice and helpful, the forum has a small, family-like feeling, and all the vendors are awesome and generous!

woooo!
Old December 12th, 2007, 08:29 PM
poopooshaboo
Hookah Newbie

'Cause you guys teach me something new every day, and the sense of spirit is unbeatable :P
Old December 12th, 2007, 10:24 PM
nofrendo
Hookah Nut

People here seem to basically know what they are talking about when posting, and there is more of a hookah-related discussion that cannot be found elsewhere... rather than a n00bfest.

People here are respectful of others' views! Which is super rare in any forum... ever
Old December 12th, 2007, 10:27 PM
ghostofdavid
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to ghostofdavid Send a message via MSN to ghostofdavid Send a message via Yahoo to ghostofdavid

Why are any of us here!?

JD - MUCH LOVE!
Old December 12th, 2007, 11:35 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

I'm here for the simple reason that I got kicked off "the other" hookah forum for the most absurd reason... I also like the fact that since this forum is not run by a biased vendor, we're allowed to say what we want, when we want, how we want etc... The whole point of a public forum is to be able to do just that (freedom of speech). Yet somehow there seems to be a hookah forum that's evil/biased/confused about members acting this way (lol, they're problaby scared of losing to the competition!)... I like the atmosphere around here much better. Sambooka is definetly a cool ass guy (I'm hoping to be able to smoke with him one day if that Florida meet ever goes down!) ... And I also like the memebers around here too. I'm also here because I like to learn and share what I know of my passion for hookah with others...I like this place
Old December 13th, 2007, 08:26 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskysibe
Great answers so far! Let me clarify a bit,this is not meant to be a bash fest or a why are you here RATHER than there type of deal. Its more of a "What is it about HP that makes you click on that bookmark, what keeps you coming back" I am a forum troll, I subscribe to hundreds literally. So I just wanted to know what makes others click here. No hidden agendas, nothing like that. Its all based on a conversation I had with another forum member a few days ago that got me thinking about it.

Billy
I am going to throw in the +1 on this, I believe this was Billy's intentions in this post. No underlaying agenda. This is exactly how I took it when I read his first post. "Why are you here? What keeps you coming back?" Those types of questions, related to Hookah Pro as a community. That is how I took it anyhow ..

By The Way, it really pleases my senses to know people are really enjoying the community here ... it is exciting to see it grow everyday! I am proud to be a part of this community, there are so many great people here!

I will write my response to this thread soon ... (can't at the moment, but just wanted to drop a quick comment)

Cheers!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old December 13th, 2007, 12:48 PM
SmokingDjinn
Hookah Newbie

Hey everyone,
I'm a new member here, and the reason why I am here is to gain hookah knowledge and converse with a community who enjoys my hobby and past time as much as I do.
SmokingDjinn
Old December 13th, 2007, 04:32 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingDjinn
Hey everyone,
I'm a new member here, and the reason why I am here is to gain hookah knowledge and converse with a community who enjoys my hobby and past time as much as I do.
SmokingDjinn
Welcome! Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have, no matter how newb-ish they sound... we're here to help...
Old December 13th, 2007, 05:24 PM
angemonkwj
Hookah Pro

i'm here for a few different reasons....i love being able to come to a place where i can just relax a bit and read about a hobby i enjoy, i love all the peeps here(old and new members), i love the fact that even though i've been smoking for a while i can still come on and find something that i didnt know about and give it a try
Old December 14th, 2007, 03:16 AM
Ace2666
Hookah Nut

All of the above and below. This place is more of a hookah lounge then real hookah lounges.
Old December 14th, 2007, 04:19 AM
nofrendo
Hookah Nut

I think there's a positive influence here that was here from the start that influences all our members to contribute the most they can, and bring forth the best part of them when they are on this forum
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook