Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Why Are You Here?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 14th, 2007, 05:07 AM
the Devils Playground
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to the Devils Playground
Default Re: Why Are You Here?

[font=Verdana][font=Verdana][font=Verdana][font=Verdana]Okay this may seem self promotive or even cold on some parts but bare with me through it.

I came here over other hookah forums first off because I like chat not message boards Hence why I am playing hell getting to 100 post. As soon as I hit it I will not post much I am sure.

heres what happened. I came here to find out what on line smokers liked. Then I decided what the hell make a web site. So then I wanted to know why do you people shop on line what makes you hit that order button etc... This was the retailer in me coming out. Then I realized wow this is a group of people that are open to buying hookah why not make a buck kind of earn as you learn. ( this is what I am doing now) Then after a couple sales 1 good one bad, I realized I actually like most of these people. I have made some very nice buddies on here. Some call me when I am driving just to see what I am up to. You know thats a nice feeling actually even though he thinks he is being a pain in the ass. As I went on other sites looking around because of you the other chatters posters etc... like my self. I learned alot.

Thainsg I learned that I will discuss openly. Poeple love free stuff. Duh But many people don`t want freee stuff. Yea shocked me also. But appreciate the fact it was offered.

I learned what i amready knew. People want to save a buck. They will spend 3 bucks to do it also.

I learned that the reason people shop on line is the same reason people drive accross Las Vegas just to shop with us. #1 Selection. many of you do not have a decent selection where you are located. #2 To save money. Yea I am like you I will eat Taco bell over nice mexican food because its cheaper and does the same job. #3. Customer service. I dont mean the basic haji hello my friend what can i get you today, okay thank you have a nice day. I mean like in our shop our customers expect not want expect to see a hookah going and can smoke from mine for free. They don`t always ask many just walk up and hit. i will be in chat with you guys and they will rather then ask and what they feel is bug me just walk up look in the wind cover see a hot coal and hit away. lol So on line I figure the best match to this is simple chat alot live in the chat room and when people make an order toss in a freebie now and then. Some thing you are sure they have not seen or tried.

So in short I came here to learn thinags for our shop to bring from the web and bring to the shop and what I got was so much more including but not limited to probably the best over all group of chatters I have seen and I have been on line since windows 95 was changing to windows 98.[/font][/font][/font][/font]
Old December 14th, 2007, 08:15 AM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

I believe its the fact that the forum hasnt got 1000's members and you get to know each one on here personally through his posts. Most forums have like 5k members and barely know each-others nickname. I dont usually come to the forums to get help from you (when i need help, i do :P) but to see how you guys are getting along here.
I believe if you are one of the active members of any friendly forum, you 'll always come back until it down.
This is hte only forum i keep coming back to...

Cheers
Old December 14th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Okah King
Hookah Newbie

Finally its Friday and I found some time to write a few words explaining why I am here, well here goes:

The first thing I did when I saw this site was read the rules, in the rules it stated that there are many different cultures and ethical groups belonging to this forum. This immediately grabbed my attention because I believe no one is the best or most experienced when it comes to Hookah. Since Hookah's are practically worldwide there are many different cultures who use Hookah's. Some use it as part of daily tradition, other just for social or relaxing reasons. Everyone has their own tricks and methods of doing things when it comes to a session of Hookah, this site brings all those ideas together so everyone can learn new methods that they might find better than their own "best" methods.

I love this site cause everyone here focuses on one specific subject which happens to be something we as a community all love. No matter who you are you fit in, anyone can ask questions, no one gets yelled at and it just creates such a relaxed laid back atmosphere.

I have been here merely a few days now but this has become a second "home" all the members I have conversed with are happy and spontaneous and thats the way I like to live. Although we all live miles away from each other we can all relate to one another since we all have a passion for Hookah.

A few special thanks without these people this community would not be as well known as it is:[list][*]Sambooka -- Administrator and founder of Hookah Pro, you are doing an amazing job mate keep it up. [*]sammniamii & boomhauer-- Elite Members of Hookah Pro, two of the most generous average people out there, both their contributions have been and are an amazing help towards this community. A BIG thanks from us all.[/list]
Old December 14th, 2007, 11:35 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

I am here because I love hookah. I enjoy the fact that there are many aspects to learn and many people to meet. I enjoy this forum because I know most if not all of the peope here. Like a family as many people have mentioned. I enjoy the time spent in chat, and just goofing off (KK FOR PRESIDENT!!!)

It's just an easy going enviornment that is condusive to learning, and comrodery. I enjoy this forum for the many aspects that people have already listed. I will edit this later and add more, but right now i'm out of town and only had a second to check in!

Peace!!!

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old December 15th, 2007, 02:18 AM
nofrendo
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofdavid
JD - MUCH LOVE!
+1!!!
Old December 15th, 2007, 10:29 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

we still love you JD

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old December 17th, 2007, 03:29 AM
Seth_DeNightshade
Hookah Nut

Wow Thanks guys,

Feeling a lotta love right here!

JD
Old December 17th, 2007, 02:00 PM
TheAlmightyClaw
Hookah Newbie

As many people said. I am here because I love hookah, and I love gaining more insight about it. I enjoy adding my own advice to help out other members. This is a fun place to accomplish it all.
Old December 18th, 2007, 03:04 PM
hookahMaster22
Hookah Newbie

I first stumbled onto HP while at work (like right now). I am new to the whole forum thing, and I like how active in the hookah community the members here are. I haven't been here very long but I already feel at home. Thanks everyone
Old December 19th, 2007, 05:05 AM
taucjan87
Hookah Newbie

I like hookah. People here seem to know what they're talking about. Everyone gets along.
Old December 19th, 2007, 09:10 PM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to daedra

im here because the people are nice and everyone is really helpful. most of the threads are good and the reviews are very helpful.
Old January 1st, 2008, 03:18 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

In my view the reasons to post here are:

1) Great owners & managers free from vendor control and censorship
2) Some of the posters here know tons of stuff about all sorts of aspects of this hobby that I learn new stuff all the time.
3) Almost everyone here is friendly and we don't have much of the drama, personality conflicts and counter culture/faux hipster crap that contaminates other forums.
4) The whole mood here is very chilled and open so you don't feel like you've walked in on some little clique that would rather not deal with you. This place has a great range of opinions as a result.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook