Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Good flavors for non hookah smokers?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 28th, 2009, 02:09 PM
freezingwar
Hookah Nut

Default Good flavors for non hookah smokers?

So I'm starting to build a solid stash and learning tons of new ways to improve my sessions but because of the social nature of hookah, I wanted to bring my gf and some of my friends into a little hookah smoking. Problem is, they don't or never smoked hookah before. As I'm kind of a newb myself I know some brands and flavors are harder to enjoy when your just a beginner. Nakhla may be the greatest tobaacco on Earth, but people like me that don't like heavy buzzes too much find themselves with headaches or not being able to enjoy a session for more than 20 minutes. So I wanted to know some recommendations on some killer flavor shisha but minimal or small on the buzz so that people for the first time can really enjoy it and get hooked . Some flavors I've tried that worked are from Fantasia and Starbuzz. I just ordered some from the Tangiers Lucid line as they are easier on the buzz but still pack a ton of flavor. Any other shisha I should try to lure my dear ones into the dark side?
Old September 28th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Seanzo
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Good flavors for non hookah smokers?

I may or may not get flamed for this but AF all the way! its what I was smoking when i first started and im not a huge fan of the buzz but really enjoy a nice bowl of nakhla DA or cherry but ive never really went wrong with AF apart from the chocolate flavour
Old September 28th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

I've had the same issue in the past, you might wanna start with SB bluemist since it is washed and easier with heat management.
Old September 28th, 2009, 02:43 PM
HippieMama
Hookah Nut

If they've never smoked anything before then any amount of nicotine could give them side-effects. Hookah Hookah has some pretty out-there flavors and is less expensive than Starbuzz. You can even purchase little shisha shots, which are one-time use portions of HH in a sealed cup. I think they're $1.10 each. Not bad if you're looking to experiment with some different flavors to offer your non-smoking friends.

You just have to be careful with Hookah Hookah, as it's very heat sensitive. You need to keep it away from the foil, poke lots of tiny holes with a safety pin and use two natural coals on the bowl at the most. My experience with Hookah Freak (which is pretty much the same thing as HH) is that it is unforgiving when it comes to the slightest heat management mistakes.

And, most importantly, have your friends expressed interest in the hookah lifestyle? If not and you're only looking to recruit them so you won't be a lonely smoker you really need to be careful that you don't pressure them into smoking. If they don't want to then, hey, all the more shisha for you. If they do, then make sure they take some important steps to minimize the risk of getting a buzz and/or hookah sickness:

1. Make sure they eat a light snack prior to smoking. Nothing heavy or greasy - just something to sustain them.

2. Make sure they are well hydrated, not only throughout the session, but prior to smoking. If they don't drink anything all day, 16oz of water while smoking won't be as effective.

3. Don't let them take monster pulls or take frequent draws from it. It's important they don't hot box it and deprive themselves of oxygen. Even experienced hookah smokers have passed out because they "hoover" the hose and try to smoke too fast/hard.

4. Make sure your coals are fully lit prior to placing them on the bowl. They should be glowing red/orange all the way through. If you're using quick lights, they shouldn't be sparking at all. No black spots should be visible.
Old September 28th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

Go with SB (starbuzz), they seem to be the best and most forgiving IMO. Also, they have alot of delicious flavors. lol.. Right now, SB is all i smoke. It does not give you a buzz at all, and is completely enjoyable. Look in the Shisha review sections, it will give ya lots of info.
Old September 28th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

Fumari's a good beginner smoke, tons of good flavor and it's forgiving to the extreme when it comes to heat.

Fakfakhina and Lemon Mint are their best flavors... Some of the best of any brand, for that matter.
Old September 28th, 2009, 03:22 PM
iamjack
Hookah Newbie

Al Fakher, Fumari, SB - all good brands. Although, if you want to buy some [FONT=Arial-BoldMT][FONT=Arial-BoldMT]
Hydro Premium Herbal Molasses its decent... nothing at all like tobacco
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
Old September 28th, 2009, 03:47 PM
DanyalAkkaya
Hookah Pro

You should try some JM's tobacco. Its way better than starbuzz and fantasia imo. Price isn't that bad either, $13-$15 for a 250g tin. I love this stuff.
Old September 29th, 2009, 05:47 AM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

i'm thinking brands such as JM and starbuzz, JM tangerine is fantastic and i've heard the pink lemonade is great too.
Old September 29th, 2009, 11:52 AM
squareben
Hookah Nut

Fantasia Pink Lemonade :P great first time smoke id imagine.
Share with your friends on facebook