Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Quick few questions about a simple issue.

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 2nd, 2009, 01:35 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

Cool Quick few questions about a simple issue.

I have 3 different bowls. A small egyptian, a med egyptian and a large phunnel. When i smoke out of the two egyptian bowls i find that the juice or flavor or whatever you want to call it, gets into the hose and i end up tasting it. Its not really a bad thing. It has an ok flavor and turns my tounge numb, but its not exactly the most pleasent experience.

Is there a way to eliminate or eleviate this? Do i not have the coals hot enough and hitting it too often? What ecactly is causeig this issue? Please?
Old October 2nd, 2009, 01:48 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

Default Re: Quick few questions about a simple issue.

Could this be caused by the fact that my hookah's heart has a common chamber?
Old October 2nd, 2009, 01:54 PM
Mackmaven
Hookah Aficionado

you get hookah juice for the moassel in your mouth via the hose?? that shouldn't be possible... even with a common chamber... the juice/smoke gets pulled down the stem into the water then out and up into the chamber, the juice shouldn't be able to make the final part of that... you might have too much water in your base since it sounds like you're sucking water through your hose.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 01:59 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

Ok.. so its not the juice then.. I was just siotting here tring to figure out why it would do that. Ok. so too much water. Got it. I will retry with less water and see what happens. I think i have to get a new hose now to.. lol
Old October 2nd, 2009, 02:08 PM
HippieMama
Hookah Nut

Wait, I'm confused. When you say the flavor gets into your hose and you end up tasting it do you mean when you smoke one flavor and then you have a session, say, a day or two later you can taste the previous flavor(s) that you smoked on top of the one you're currently smoking?

The numb tongue could be from harsh smoke (too much heat/burning the shisha) or chain hitting it. Are you using quick lite coals? Are you letting the coals heat completely (red/orange all the way through, no black spots) before placing them on your bowl?
Old October 2nd, 2009, 03:04 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieMama View Post
Wait, I'm confused. When you say the flavor gets into your hose and you end up tasting it do you mean when you smoke one flavor and then you have a session, say, a day or two later you can taste the previous flavor(s) that you smoked on top of the one you're currently smoking?

The numb tongue could be from harsh smoke (too much heat/burning the shisha) or chain hitting it. Are you using quick lite coals? Are you letting the coals heat completely (red/orange all the way through, no black spots) before placing them on your bowl?
Am i letting the ccoals butrn completely? Yes
Am i using QL's? Yes CH QL's
Chain hitting, sometimes. however i try to let the coals and tobacco relax.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 09:26 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

you shouldnt have more than 1 inch of water over the bottom of the stem, some people go down to 1/4 of an inch, i think i usually go 1/2 of a bit more over the stem.

if you cant see into you base fill it and then just pull right on the port w/o the bowl on, if you get water in the port then you have to much. some times the hookah is designed/build bad and just catches water

-matt
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook