Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

DISASTER!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 8th, 2009, 01:54 PM
uk_shisha_king
Hookah Nut

Default Re: DISASTER!

hey people, i tink da fellow hookah member is talkin about hookah disasters.

sorry 4 da other non hookah related disasters .... i feel for u guys, especially da road accident!
Old October 8th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Straykat
Hookah Nut

I have a coldsore and I keep poking it with my tongue and it makes it more sore.

Sorry to hear about your bowl, man. Hope the dog didn't get in too much trouble.
Old October 8th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Str0mz0r
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Str0mz0r

asdfasdfasdfasdf

Last edited by Str0mz0r; December 1st, 2014 at 04:59 PM.
Old October 8th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by glostersa View Post
Well I would not call that a disaster I got up one morning in 1993 (04h00) very early as I was working on a major presentation for Transport contract Rates for a company got dressed and left for work at 5h30 I hit a 6 Ton Truck head on he turned at an intersection while I was approaching I was traveling at 60 Km h when I hit him, The Little Nissan collapsed The safety belt gave way to muck slack my face hit the steering wheel crushing the bones on the left side the safety belt Broke my sternum and some ribs when the belt threw me back the seat collapsed under me causing the full weight of my body to hit the floor of the vehicle thus crushed some vertebrae in my lower back L1-L3 that got me 16 days in ICU 12 months in a full body back brace (stand walk and Laying down only no sitting allowed) (6 months was rehab) 3 years later in 1996 they operated and inserted Screws and pins in my back with lumbar Fusion. Another 12 months in a Back Brace (6 months rehab). When the did the fussion they had to reroute all the lower back nerves (conveniently there was some surgical steel close by and that was a safe place to put those nerves) Now when any weather changes occur my back tells me. During the first 12 months I was on Morphine Tablets for the pain. and after 3 months of walking around like a zombie I decided that I had enough I kicked the Pain med's and just said I can and will get through it spent many a winters night standing in a cold swimming pool to dull that aching eating pain. or laying in a hot bath to soak the knots out of the back muscle spasms. I still experiance pain but it has not killed me just raised my tollerance level for pain to gianormous heights. I have lost a lot of sensation in my arms legs hands and feet. I was 34 years old when this happend and now 16 years later I still carry on. Now some would call that a disaster I would rather call that fate for on that day when I saw that truck approaching I resigned myself to the fact that I may not make it out alive. I faced death and lived thus my fear of dying was erased.

So a broken bowl is not a disaster but a minor inconveniance.

Pack another and enjoy.
Good point. Some people need to be re calibrated. On a big level (and a personal one as well but less so) i'd say the real tragedies were 1 June 1979 since that is the day Rhodesia died, September 28, 1989 since that was the day that Koevoet died & 27 April 1994 since that was day that neo-Bolshevism overtook the RSA.

In more a more spectacularly bad sense along the lines you're talking about i'd say that a disaster for me would be being sprayed with spall & shrapnel after an RPG impact which is something i'd guess you know about as well.

As for narghile disasters the worst was the result of a haulage company losing my collection of antique Arab and Turkish rigs and the insurance company stiffing me. That still bugs me even though it was more then 10 years ago.
Old October 8th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Seanzo
Hookah Nut

wow I think I somehow found my way onto serious discussion lol
Old October 8th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Sykotik
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Sykotik Send a message via MSN to Sykotik Send a message via Yahoo to Sykotik

lol i dropped my phunnel. it broke in half. i pick it up, heading home i dropped it again and it shattered.
Old October 8th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straykat View Post
I have a coldsore and I keep poking it with my tongue and it makes it more sore.

Sorry to hear about your bowl, man. Hope the dog didn't get in too much trouble.
The dog is hanging from its neck off of my tree in the back now, gonna use its corpes as target practice for my rifles. NRA FTW.

Srsly just kidding.
Old October 8th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Demonix
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Demonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sui View Post
The dog is hanging from its neck off of my tree in the back now, gonna use its corpes as target practice for my rifles. NRA FTW.
That's srsly f'ed up...
Kidding or not...
Old October 8th, 2009, 11:45 PM
brando147
Hookah Nut

my "disasters" aren't really disasters, more like minor issues... 1st one: i was at a party and brought my hookah, then while i was letting my friend load a new bowl (i was giving him tips since he had ordered his first hookah earlier that day), and as he's walking out of the kitchen, a drunk guy threw his elbow back and knocked the bowl out of my friends hands and put a pretty big chip in it... it's still smoke-able, but my phunnel has some character now, i was mostly angry that he didn't listen when my friend yelled "look out, comin' through". 2nd one: i was smoking out back with a group of friends when my dog decided to come and say "hi" to them, and would have knocked my MZ over with his tail, if my friend hadn't caught the stem with his foot... two NEAR disasters, but nothing big yet... things aren't ALWAYS bad when stuff happens.... i think.....
Old October 9th, 2009, 12:58 AM
swaflyer1
Hookah Nut

i bought a brand new temsah 31" tri-metal from John and was like a kid on christmas as i opened it. i smoked a bowl out of it with a couple friends but in the middle i had to leave to go to work. i decided to leave it with my friends and they could finish the bowl. while at work i got a text saying "idk what happened but i went to shut the light of on the porch and your hookah was shattered". i had it for less than 3 hours and boom. it was no more. (i lost a phunnel bowl too) luckily bases arent that expensive and john sent me one of those rubber protectors so it wont happen again. i decided to blame the wind just cuz i dont wanna start anything with my friends. oh well, it has been replaced.

Last edited by swaflyer1; October 9th, 2009 at 12:59 AM. Reason: forgot part of my story
Old October 9th, 2009, 12:41 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Egyptian View Post
Dude ..... a broken bowl and a few grams of tobacco is what u call a disaster?
when its the one bowl you need to use that night it kills the night

ya i shattered my vortex a few days ago, i started using it for tangiers (works better than the phunnel), picked it up off the counter, emptied the old tobacco went to go wash it out and dropped it, right as i did it i started cussing before it hit the ground cause i knew the concrete floor was going to kill it. kinda surprised how many piece is broke into

-matt
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook