Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Help with a hundred bucks!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 9th, 2009, 12:37 PM
donuat
Hookah Newbie

Default Help with a hundred bucks!

I want to get my hands on a new hookah but I dont want to spend more than $100, plus S&H (so $120-130 max), Im looking for a KM or MZ at least 30" so please help me and recomend me where can I get one for that price thanks guys.
Old October 9th, 2009, 12:38 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Default Re: Help with a hundred bucks!

I would not get a KM or MZ, and would get a Temsah or an Af Syrian.

Why waste hard earned $$ on overpriced garbage, right?
Old October 9th, 2009, 12:41 PM
xHARRYxCOLONx
Hookah Nut

http://www.**********.com/category.sc?categoryId=8

Check it out
Old October 9th, 2009, 12:50 PM
twoapplesplease
Hookah Guru

You really won't find a KM or MZ for that priced shipped.
Id say for that price a smaller syrian like johns 20-28 inch hookahs would be a great deal.Or if your looking for a better deal on a value or knock off hookah check out hookahset's "af style 26 jeweled hookah" or the rainbow glass one.Free Shipping with any hookah from them plus you would have some cash left over for some coals and tobacco.
Old October 9th, 2009, 12:50 PM
donuat
Hookah Newbie

hey thanks guys, but ZenSilk why do you think KM and MZ are overpriced?, sorry im kinda newb well not reallly I started smoking hookahs in Mexico about 3 years ago but the only hookahs i could get easier there where chinese crappy ones and the shisha was not that good its really hard to get good stuff apart from mexico city. Im in houston now so i can get good stuff.
Old October 9th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Demonix
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Demonix

http://**********.com/product.sc?pro...&categoryId=22

This baby... Mmmmmm! Mmmmmmm! Mmmmm!
Smokes like a champ!
Old October 9th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

KM Kafae from Hookah John, this hookah is made of brass and very solid. It should last for years.
Old October 9th, 2009, 12:58 PM
twoapplesplease
Hookah Guru

Its more about the tobacco and coals you use.A better quality hookah will last longer but even a cheaper one will last a good 2 years.
Oh and I cheked the "af style" is only 19 inches and the rainbow glass is 26 inches.
The rainbow glass is in the new items of hookah set.

I highly recomend one of johns syrian 24-28 inch hookahs for a quality pipe.
but depending on what your willing to dish out All cheaper knock off hookahs will do ya pretty good for awhile.A mya QT is a good small hookah that smokes as good as larger ones
Old October 9th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

Seriously, get the Al Fakher 30" medium solid. It cost me 94 bucks shipped to my door. It is sexeh and smokes like a deamon. I love my hookah. Its as functional as it is beautiful.

http://www.**********.com/product.sc...&categoryId=22
Old October 9th, 2009, 01:08 PM
donuat
Hookah Newbie

thanks guys all of them great ideas I'll tell you what I got...
Old October 9th, 2009, 01:11 PM
kingboyb
Banned

John's got some great sales right now. I'd say its up to you as far as style/size between AF Med Solid / KM Exotica / Temseh Wheat.
Old October 9th, 2009, 01:11 PM
CypherEnigma
Hookah Pro

There are a lot of options for under $100, just remember you get what you paid for. If you're looking for a functional pipe that is okay cosmetically(save for welds) you might want to pick up a Temsah or Syrian. KMs are one of the "brand names" of hookah and they aren't bad, but they are going to be more expensive than a less known "brand". If you're looking for a handcrafted, sturdy pipe KM/MZ/Nour/Syrian are all good ways to go. If little imperfections such as a visible weld(like on the hose port or purge valve) is going to bother you than you might want to get an MZ or even a Mya although a Mya will not smoke the same as a MZ would.

36" Al Falkher Solid - 36" KM Copper Heart Two Hose - 22" Temsah Mini-Wheat(a.k.a. Golden Nugget)
Old October 9th, 2009, 01:14 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

KM's are overpriced because they are just that, overpriced. For what you get, you get a 20X better pipe when you buy an AF syrian instead of a KM. And unless you spend 120$ or more on a KM, you will get a standard one which are pretty crappy, especially when they also cost more than an AF syrian.

I would also only order from HJ if you plan to get the AF syrian or Temsah. Really, buying a KM these days is like cutting your own balls off and eating them.

if you REALLY like the KM styles, then you should get one. but if you want quality, go with something else. KM is really pissing me off these days. And MZ, the smaller ones are cheap as dirt but light as a feather. If you pay over 80$ for a MZ, you got screwed.
Old October 9th, 2009, 01:18 PM
xHARRYxCOLONx
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
KM's are overpriced because they are just that, overpriced. For what you get, you get a 20X better pipe when you buy an AF syrian instead of a KM. And unless you spend 120$ or more on a KM, you will get a standard one which are pretty crappy, especially when they also cost more than an AF syrian.

I would also only order from HJ if you plan to get the AF syrian or Temsah. Really, buying a KM these days is like cutting your own balls off and eating them.

if you REALLY like the KM styles, then you should get one. but if you want quality, go with something else. KM is really pissing me off these days. And MZ, the smaller ones are cheap as dirt but light as a feather. If you pay over 80$ for a MZ, you got screwed.
heeeeyy i just got a KM for around 120 so am i good? lol

it really is preference... all of them are good pipes. me personally liked the exotica and i have wanted one for a long time so i got one. a KM is a KM its gunna smoke like one.
Old October 9th, 2009, 01:19 PM
donuat
Hookah Newbie

Ok excellente Im probably leaning toward the AF 30" form HJ but is there any way that later on I want to make this baby taller, i could buy an extension or something??
Old October 9th, 2009, 01:20 PM
xHARRYxCOLONx
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by donuat View Post
Ok excellente Im probably leaning toward the AF 30" form HJ but is there any way that later on I want to make this baby taller, i could buy an extension or something??
just go with the exotica... haha
Old October 9th, 2009, 01:21 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by donuat View Post
It doesn't seem tall, but when you get it you will just be like "Jesus Christ".

I still stand behind my KM rant. over 100 bucks for a KM is a rip-off. Especially for an Exotica.
Old October 9th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

KM, MZ, AF, Temsah .. any of these would be a good choice .. pick one you like and can afford.

Cheers!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old October 9th, 2009, 01:26 PM
xHARRYxCOLONx
Hookah Nut

Quote:
It doesn't seem tall, but when you get it you will just be like "Jesus Christ".

I still stand behind my KM rant. over 100 bucks for a KM is a rip-off. Especially for an Exotica.
well if i take off the abu mahir hose i got too it was like $98 lol

i was actually going to get an AF solid buuut i wanted a REALLY tall hokah so the KM won. its 39" plus theres gunna be a phunnel bowl up there
Old October 9th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I have a AF Large that I got from Hookah John. Looks beautiful! I haven't used it yet because unfortunately the base broke during shipping. But as soon as I get a base for it, I will take some video of it

Go as big as you can .. but make sure you have room to clean it. I have to clean any hookahs that are over 28" in my bathtub. What a pain in the ass, but they look and smoke so nice!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old October 9th, 2009, 01:35 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
I have a AF Large that I got from Hookah John. Looks beautiful! I haven't used it yet because unfortunately the base broke during shipping. But as soon as I get a base for it, I will take some video of it

Go as big as you can .. but make sure you have room to clean it. I have to clean any hookahs that are over 28" in my bathtub. What a pain in the ass, but they look and smoke so nice!
My Af just showers with me. Really.
Old October 9th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:

KM's are not overpeiced unless you wanna go with a hookah that is very tall and has three types of metal. I've never paid more than $80 for a KM.

Also, I think you are overreacting when you say AF is 20X better than KM !! this is so incorrect. Yes, AF hookahs has a great pull but KM hookahs has a great pull as well.

I've just got a KM Kafae (which is made of brass) and it is more solid than AF medium hookah and has a better pull, and both cost the same.
Old October 9th, 2009, 02:29 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingboyb View Post
John's got some great sales right now. I'd say its up to you as far as style/size between AF Med Solid / KM Exotica / Temseh Wheat.
+1 perfect in your price range and are all very good hookahs, which one you pick depends on what your looking for
Old October 9th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Buddhizzle
Hookah Pro

Definitely check out those AFs that John has - he's always got good deals, and you've got his incredible service in the deal
Old October 10th, 2009, 12:38 AM
paulk
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to paulk

If you want an MZ you can get some nicew ones here, shipped for way less than a hundred. Just search retailmenot for socialsmoke.com and use the discount code.

They are also not far from you so you could probably have it the next day. Heck you may even be able to pick it up if you feel like driving over there.

http://www.socialsmoke.com/cat--Trad...alhookahs.html

At my age being cynical and sarcastic is just making small talk.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook