Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Premium M'assel

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 17th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Green_Jacket
Hookah Newbie

Default Premium M'assel

Hey there guys, hope all is well. I was in a local Cafe in rusholme the other day and for once i had a really nice shisha that wasnt home-made (al fakher cherry - from villa cafe, wilmslow road. Manchester). I have smoked a few different brands of Ma'ssel now, (well the main ones in the uk at least) and was just wondering, i know opinion will be divided but what is the absolute rolls royce premium M'assel on the market(without money being too much of an object)? Everyones opinion is welcome, give a run down of your personal experiences at home, abroad, smoked in the living room or in the middle of a cafe. What was and when was your absolute best?

Regards

Salam

Old December 17th, 2007, 01:58 PM
TheAlmightyClaw
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: Premium M'assel

Starbuzz provides great flavor and clouds without any buzz (although I have only smoked it a couple of times)
Tonic is suppose to be just as good as starbuzz (haven't tried it yet)
Tangiers can provide a good taste with great clouds of smoke and an intense buzz (although it can take awhile to get the hang out it)
Al Fakher is a bit cheaper than starbuzz and tonic, but has a good solid flavor and clouds (and I feel is the most economical with tangiers)
Old December 17th, 2007, 02:15 PM
rancidmilk912
Hookah Newbie

Starbuzz is hit or miss in my opinion, but it is the most expensive shisha out there as well, Tonic is my personal fav right now. I've yet to have a bad batch or flavor of Tonic and will be ordering tons more of it soon. Tangiers is good if you wanna get screwed to hell and pass out, I mean the flavor's is some of the best I've had but it's quite strong. I wouldn't bother with AF, but that's just my personal opinion.
Old December 17th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I thoroughly enjoy Al Fakher, the regular grape is fantastic! Overall I have had great results with Al Fakher. It is definitely a brand I carry on hand. Great Price and Great Quality!

I also like Layalina, for it's quality and affordable price.

Starbuzz has a couple of really great flavors, white peach being my favorite! Well worth the price if you find a flavor you particularly enjoy! I would gladly pay the $20 for Starbuzz White Peach or X on the Beach

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old December 17th, 2007, 03:15 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Everybody will offer up a different "favorite" tobacco. I like SB, Layalina and AF myself, but other brands like Saraha (Banana & Milk), Pharoh's (Exotic Peach), even Al Waha (Afternine, Orange Cream and Kiwi) are all good as well. I've even recently gone back to an old favorite, Havana.

It all comes down to the person's choice of many things: the price tag (some are willing to pop $20, some aren't), the hassles of set-up and smoking (Tanigers is good, but takes pratice - SB can be heat picky, same with HH - AW & Nakhla are strong are hitters), others want flavor over buzz, and them even the flavors themselves (some brands have tons, while others may only have a dozen). Others may have something availble locally, while other people (like myself) have to go online to get anything but what we don't like.

All that being said, my personal favorites: AW, Nakhla, & AF, with AF the top contender.
Old December 17th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Green_Jacket
Hookah Newbie

for my personal choice, so far nothing has beaten Golden brand al fakher, i have yet to try starbuzz, mite get an order off the net soon, not too sure what flavours but itll probably be quite a big one since ive got some money now. For me a premium M'assel has gota have the smoke quantity, i think its the one deciding factor from the good and great flavours, then theres another thing i am looking for but ive yet to find and thats realism in the flavours but i suppose ill only find that with the fruit based ones. I've have a shisha of any comparison to the quality i sampled in Dubai.

Regards

Salam
Old December 17th, 2007, 07:11 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

al fakher is , in my opinion, one of the best on the market. Whether it's thier golden line, or the pile of new flavors that are about to be released(one of which I've been lucky enough to sample), af is my goto.As are al nahkla and havana.
Old December 17th, 2007, 11:13 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

I think that Al Fakher is for sure the most reliable, it is rare to get a bad batch of AF. All they need is a Vanilla flavor and i would be completely head over heels for that brand. 8)
Old December 18th, 2007, 01:04 AM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Starbuzz has always been the best for me. Second to none as far as I can tell. Sure the price tag is higher than any other shisha out there, but c'mon it's only $20. Some people see that as a lot, but I obviously don't. It costs more to fill up on gas every 4-6 days. I don't see what the big deal is, specially when a 250g tub of flavor can easily last you a full month smoking 7 days a week. The price tag is well worth it and for good reason. I have yet to find a shisha that tops Starbuzz in flavor strength and intensity.
Old December 18th, 2007, 09:17 AM
kingmaddog
Hookah Nut

Send a message via ICQ to kingmaddog Send a message via AIM to kingmaddog Send a message via MSN to kingmaddog Send a message via Yahoo to kingmaddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk
I think that Al Fakher is for sure the most reliable, it is rare to get a bad batch of AF. All they need is a Vanilla flavor and i would be completely head over heels for that brand. 8)
I bought AF one time, I got a 250g tub of grape, and all I have to say is that it was a bad batch. Tasted and smelled like ketchup. Now I'm afraid to buy AF again.
Old December 18th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Green_Jacket
Hookah Newbie

Do you think the same bad batch could affect the UK? Personally i've never had a bad Al Fakher shisha, only a badly made one. They are usually pretty good with quality control, just a quick question a 'lil off topic does anyone recommend taking the stems out? i heard it can affect the smoke.......

Regards

Salam
Old December 18th, 2007, 01:12 PM
smoke-all-day
Hookah Pro

my favorite shisha would have to be fusion because the taste is so strong and it lasts for a while. plus its a bit cheaper than starbuzz. if you try some look for papaya raspberry, mango raspberry, or cactus pear. its like smoking a cloud of candy!

i do have to say havana is pretty good too, though i have only tried their rose and lemon. both were very accurate, and fairly strong in flavor
Old December 18th, 2007, 07:39 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Quote:
AF does have a vanilla flavor and it should be avaliable in the US soon.
Old December 18th, 2007, 07:47 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmaddog
Quote:
I bought AF one time, I got a 250g tub of grape, and all I have to say is that it was a bad batch. Tasted and smelled like ketchup. Now I'm afraid to buy AF again.
there are alot of problems with counterfiet af on the market. check for the new security tape on the package(all sizes).It should have the af insignia right on the tear strip. If it only has the red strip than it's fake or at least abit dated. Also, if there is not a space between the Al and the Fakher, it's counterfiet. Pick up a 50g sample of the real grape and you shouldn't be dissapointed. Af grape is there signature brand and is considered one of the best white grapes on the market.
Old December 18th, 2007, 08:05 PM
kingmaddog
Hookah Nut

Send a message via ICQ to kingmaddog Send a message via AIM to kingmaddog Send a message via MSN to kingmaddog Send a message via Yahoo to kingmaddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin
Quote:
Quote:
there are alot of problems with counterfiet af on the market. check for the new security tape on the package(all sizes).It should have the af insignia right on the tear strip. If it only has the red strip than it's fake or at least abit dated. Also, if there is not a space between the Al and the Fakher, it's counterfiet. Pick up a 50g sample of the real grape and you shouldn't be dissapointed. Af grape is there signature brand and is considered one of the best white grapes on the market.
I had the real grape, new package and everything. There has been problems of bad batches of grape going around. I know for sure that mine was the real deal. It had the insignia on the tearstrip and the new resealable pouch inside, it also had a date of Aug 2007 on the tub. If you feel that I had a fake send a sample of the real stuff.
Old December 18th, 2007, 10:18 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin
Quote:
Quote:
I had the real grape, new package and everything. There has been problems of bad batches of grape going around. I know for sure that mine was the real deal. It had the insignia on the tearstrip and the new resealable pouch inside, it also had a date of Aug 2007 on the tub. If you feel that I had a fake send a sample of the real stuff.
sounds like you got a bad batch. I'm suprised. AF is one of the most consistent brands I've had. next time I pick up some grape I'll gladly send you a sample.
Old December 19th, 2007, 05:03 AM
taucjan87
Hookah Newbie

I love fusion too. I just had some Melon kind... AMAZING!
Old January 1st, 2008, 03:03 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Jacket
Hey there guys, hope all is well. I was in a local Cafe in rusholme the other day and for once i had a really nice shisha that wasnt home-made (al fakher cherry - from villa cafe, wilmslow road. Manchester). I have smoked a few different brands of Ma'ssel now, (well the main ones in the uk at least) and was just wondering, i know opinion will be divided but what is the absolute rolls royce premium M'assel on the market(without money being too much of an object)? Everyones opinion is welcome, give a run down of your personal experiences at home, abroad, smoked in the living room or in the middle of a cafe. What was and when was your absolute best?

Regards

Salam

I don't think that that any ultimate M'assel exists. Partly, it's because anything that uses tobacco (or any other agricultural product ) varries from year to year and batch to batch. Also, what people like varies all over the map so I don't think that what I or anyone else likes will suit your tastes.

That being said I can make a few observations:

1) If you like artificially sweet stuff and don't care about realism you'll find a lot of stuff to suit you.
2) If you like, strong but sweet and not very natural flavours you'll love SB.
3) If you like strong, natural fruit flavours you'll like the less exotic Fantasia flavours.
4) If you like complicated, natural fruit flavours Hookah-Hookah, Fumari, and a few of the more conservative Hookah Freak flavours would be the way to go.
5) If you are partial to traditional tobaccos and enjoy subtle, complicated flavours i'd recomend Salloum Moasel, Hookah-Hookah Cavendish, AF soft black and Zaghoul and AF Ark Sous and Afzel Pan.
6) If you like complicated floral/fruit flavours Al Amir, Afzel and Salloum Moasel and Al Basha are the way to go.

Of course in order to get a good session you must have a very clean rig, a well packed bowl, decent heat management and a sensible smoking technique. If you lack any of those things Moasel made by devine intervention will be mediocre at best.
Old January 1st, 2008, 11:25 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

hajo? were did you get the af soft black? I've been trying to find the new af flavors. So far I've found only the cardamom. The vanilla should be availiable in a few weeks according to a rep at the Sierra network.
Old January 1st, 2008, 11:45 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

AF soft black is not a new flavour, it was around for a very long time until they discontinued it a couple of years back. I still have a small cache and it's still great. From time to time a friend ships me a little from overseas where I am told it is still for sale. I'd recommend Moasel Salloum plain as it's very good stuff even if it a little weak for my tastes.
Old October 11th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Mende
Hookah Nut

Location: Hometown: Severin,Romania| Living in Manchester, UK
Send a message via Yahoo to Mende

I say Nakhla makes good stuff but one in a while you get a package of sticks and stems, very nasty stuff doesn't smoke at all and makes you sick. But when you get a good pack, the clouds come of thick and it gives you a buzz similar to that of certain green material Im not allowed to mention.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook