Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Am i a newbie? Help!!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 9th, 2009, 10:49 PM
msaffati
Hookah Newbie

Default Am i a newbie? Help!!

Hello guys, i have this big hookah i bought in Israel a couple of months ago. This is what i usually do before smoking but i'm still not getting the results i want:
[LIST=1][*]The water level is 1 inch approx. above the stem.[*]The tobacco molasses isn't overwelming the bowl, it's a fair amount.[*]The charcoals are quick-lite type, you just light them 3secs and they start sparkling alone for around 25secs untill they're "done" (ready).[*]The aluminium foil is fairly distributed over the bowl, tight as a drum and with reasonable holes.[/LIST]Still, i get only few smoke coming out from my mouth. I love thick and a lot of smoke, but i ain't getting it. I can't also actually taste the flavor of the molasses. If i add another charcoal, i would get more smoke but i'd burn the molasses quicker and i'd start getting harsh smoke.

Could anyone help? I would really appreciate this!!
Old October 9th, 2009, 11:36 PM
DanyalAkkaya
Hookah Pro

Default Re: Am i a newbie? Help!!

Try using your coals cut in half, or add a windcover. What kind of bowl are you using? and what were you smoking?
Old October 9th, 2009, 11:38 PM
ByronSA
Hookah Pro

check for leaks
Old October 9th, 2009, 11:42 PM
bnewman
Hookah Newbie

Take your stem and see if there's a leak coming from the hose or the bowl grommet. Otherwise i'd cut a QL in half until the smoke is fuller. Don't focus on smoke though, depending on the shisha there could be less smoke than you'd expect. The taste is what matters.
Old October 11th, 2009, 12:01 AM
dreadscought
Hookah Nut

Old shisha?
Old October 11th, 2009, 12:52 AM
glostersa
Hookah Master

[LIST=1][*]
Quote:
The water level is 1 inch approx. above the stem.[*]The tobacco molasses isn't overwelming the bowl, it's a fair amount.[*]The charcoals are quick-lite type, you just light them 3secs and they start sparkling alone for around 25secs untill they're "done" (ready).[*]The aluminium foil is fairly distributed over the bowl, tight as a drum and with reasonable holes.
[/LIST][LIST][*]1. Check for leaks by the grommets and check that purge valve is not stuck open or missing the ball bearing.[*]2.Bowl type and tobacco type would be helpful presume it is a Egyptian bowl Fluff tobacco up and sprinkle lightly into bowl to just under the rim.[*]3. make sure the coal is fully lit even with quick-lights Ashed over before placing on foil or try to smoke with.[*]4. Try poking the holes with a toothpick poke down through the tobacco to the base of the bowl[*]5. Water level seems good[*]6. Check for blockages in the hose.[*]7.How many layers of foil and is it standard foil or HD foil.[*]8. Please note that different tobaccos respond to different heat management techniques to get the flavor and clouds.look in the how too section as to the type of tobacco you are using for tips on heat management for that tobacco.[/LIST]
Old October 11th, 2009, 01:51 AM
iang
Hookah Newbie

Do you have a pic of your hookah? i got one from israel recently and it looks great but doesnt smoke that well. had a couple of leaks which i fixed but the pull is still very hard. also, if your using an egyptian or syrian bowl try making a hollow space in the middle of your shisha, so you shape the shisha as if it were in a phunnel bowl. this helped me a lot with the airflow but still allowed good smoke.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook