Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

KM or Temsah

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 11th, 2009, 08:53 PM
mallardmaster
Hookah Newbie

Default KM or Temsah

Right now i have a mya bambino but was going to get a km...until i saw the temsah hookahs on john's site. What do you guys think? Which is better
Old October 11th, 2009, 09:29 PM
bradedup
Hookah Master

Default Re: KM or Temsah

Eh, anyone that has both will tell you they smoke similarly.

Importers will tell you that the components are from the same manufacturer.
Old October 11th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Buddhizzle
Hookah Pro

I lilke the look of the temsah line, but have never tried one so i dont know how it smokes. What specifically do like, in terms of draw?

Most of the time I say just go with your visual preference, since smoke quality is mostly based on the shisha, but there are a few differences in build quality or pull

If you have specific questions, John will probably have good answers for you too.
Old October 11th, 2009, 09:34 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

i would rather members who have purchased them give you an unbiased opinion, scoop purchased one and foibled has examined them thoroughly. these are season hookah smokers and have owned multiple hookahs over the year, they would be the best to ask since they are not in the industry of selling them and will have nothing to gain by telling you the honest truth about these. happy hunting!
John
Old October 11th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
i would rather members who have purchased them give you an unbiased opinion, scoop purchased one and foibled has examined them thoroughly. these are season hookah smokers and have owned multiple hookahs over the year, they would be the best to ask since they are not in the industry of selling them and will have nothing to gain by telling you the honest truth about these. happy hunting!
John
good call and agreed.

the new temsah (i have the world cup) is a damn good hookah. its solid, the inner tube is all brass. the hose port is big, the purge is good. i cant say anything bad. even the temsah hose that came with it was really good (with bored out acrylic tips).

i have more than a few kms. none of them are bad. some have better welds than others, some have brass inner tubes, some dont. from the newer kms, none have brass inner tubes, which kinda sucks. in terms of how they smoke, none are worse than others. i like the trimetals alot. the chiller aspect is useless imo besides aesthetics.

it depends what you want to spend. some kms are cheaper than temsahs, but i feel for the price the world cup temsah is a better purchase. its really about what you like aesthetically and how much money you want to spend.
Old October 11th, 2009, 11:29 PM
slick_johnson
Hookah Pro

I own a KM and an AF Solid, but no Temsah. However, what I can bring to the discussion is that the draw on all of the major producers' pipes is nearly identical. On the aesthetics side, I much prefer the look and feel of the AF solid. Brass pipes are just pure sex. My .02.
Old October 11th, 2009, 11:48 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

i honestly can say that the temsah and my kms have a better draw than the af solid. i have the 36" and the pull is significantly tighter.
Old October 12th, 2009, 01:03 AM
Efactor
Hookah Newbie

Its all personal preferences, I also own many Kms, Myas, and 2 Af large and small hookahs and I have to say they all smoke very well. Some of my friends actually prefer a little resistance to the draw, but some like the easy pull of the KM like breathing.
Old October 12th, 2009, 02:50 AM
foibled
Hookah Pro

In short, I agree with what Scoop has said.

There are differences in draws between AFs, Temsahs, and KMs. AFs are the most restrictive of the three, including the purge. Temsahs have internal gauges very similar to KM Trimetals. KMs have varying draws depending on the heart type. Every now and then there are manufacturer glitches where a heart has a smaller or larger hose/purge tube in it. KM Trimetals aren't the widest KMs but they are still wide. The KM stem tubes however are all about the same size, with the exception of the older higher end ones that had slightly thicker stem tubes.

As far as Temsahs vs KMs, if you like their styling I highly recommend one. The brass Temsahs are the most solid hookahs on the market and they are the best value from a $$/weight perspective. There were issues with sloppy soldering on the first wave of brass Temsahs that came over and from what I've seen in person I have to agree. Not all of them had issues though. The more recent brass Temsahs like the World Cup and Nugget have better soldering and I was impressed by the stems when John first showed them to me. One thing I like is that the pieces that make up the outer stem are soldered together, which is something that hasn't really been done since the older quality Syrians that can't be had anymore.

One minor thing that probably doesn't matter to most is Temsahs are like the KM Trimetals in that they are size 30 shanks but their hubs are a size 26.

If you are looking into other Temsahs like those Thameshes on HC, I'd recommend a KM or solid brass Temsah over those from what I've seen. I never understood comments that Temsahs are KM knockoffs until I saw those.
Old October 12th, 2009, 02:51 AM
myka
Hookah Pro

I have a bunch of KM's and they all smoke the same. My AF is a little restrictive compared to my KM's, but I like that and I find myself wanting to smoke it more. If you change the hose out and put in a wider gauge hose, such as the KM pro hose, it will pull just like a KM.

A few months back I couldn't chose between a Temsah or AF solid, I chose the AF, and I am extremely happy with my decision. Base your decision off of ascetics because you can't go wrong with either of these brands. There all great solid hookah's and should suit your needs well.
Old October 12th, 2009, 11:04 AM
slick_johnson
Hookah Pro

Weird. Maybe I got the only AF Med. Solid that is less restrictive than a KM. It's a very small difference, but it's there. As for the purge the AF is sloooow, but my KM is hella fast. It really is all about preference.
Old October 12th, 2009, 01:12 PM
abzy786
Hookah Enthusiast

TBH. the purge is not a bigge. purgeing a hookah is purging a hookah. does the time it take really matter. a KM take abou 2 secods and AF takes about 3 and a half. KMS AFs and Temsahs are all made to a high quaility and should all last about the same time. u get what u pay for at the end of the day.

HP Feedback - http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...hlight=abzy786
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook