Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Buying New Tobacco Soon. Any Suggestions?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 12th, 2009, 08:18 PM
mybrohshi5
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Buying New Tobacco Soon. Any Suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngriestPhx View Post
Cafe Istanbul is good but watch out for the old man. Don't "sniff" any of the deja vu or Starbuzz. He will get upset and yell at you in Arabic. Also, I don't recommend buying a hookah from that store unless you buy it from the owner directly or a manager. You've been warned.

Other Tempe stores worth checking out are Haji Baba, A&A Smoke, and Tobacco Plus(+). The only place locally that I have found Tangiers is near downtown Phoenix but the store charges $25.00 per 250 gram. OUCH.
Yeah i thought Cafe Istanbul had tangiers but they sure dont =( Thanks for the info about the other stores though.
Do any of those places sell Coconara coals by any chance?
Old October 13th, 2009, 01:09 AM
AngriestPhx
Hookah Nut

Glad your Cafe Istanbul transaction went well sans the old man. He's never yelled at me for sniffing shisha (he has to several other people I know). He yelled at me because I took a leaky KM hose back. He was furious and was claiming that there was no leak but there was. Also, I bought a KM vase from their store. I took in my KM Pear and KM Chiller stem to find one that fits. He takes the stems from me, puts electrical tape on them and then tried to charge me extra for the electrical tape. When i tried to get my stems back he yelled "you!!! sit down!!!" I'm 6'5" and being yelled at by an old man half my size was humbling. I had someone translate for me, saying that this is something that I already know how to do for I have been smoking hookah for 8 years.

Anyways, I took the vase home, tried it once, and noticed that the opening of the glass has a noticeable curve. I took it back, battled with the old man for about 5-10 minutes, and finally walked out of their with a better vase. I've been going to Cafe Istanbul since they first opened and I noticed he is getting more and more grumpy as the years go by.
Old October 13th, 2009, 01:23 AM
BDP
Hookah Nut

SB Strawberry Margarita, Citrus Mist
Tangiers Orange Soda
I wouldn't waste my time or money on AF
Any Nakhla if they have it
Fantasia Incredible Hulk
Old October 13th, 2009, 10:52 AM
AngriestPhx
Hookah Nut

Cafe Istanbul used to carry coconara once upon a time. I go to Nana's Smoke Shop in North Phoenix (my side of town).
Old October 13th, 2009, 12:41 PM
mybrohshi5
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Glad your Cafe Istanbul transaction went well sans the old man. He's never yelled at me for sniffing shisha (he has to several other people I know). He yelled at me because I took a leaky KM hose back. He was furious and was claiming that there was no leak but there was. Also, I bought a KM vase from their store. I took in my KM Pear and KM Chiller stem to find one that fits. He takes the stems from me, puts electrical tape on them and then tried to charge me extra for the electrical tape. When i tried to get my stems back he yelled "you!!! sit down!!!" I'm 6'5" and being yelled at by an old man half my size was humbling. I had someone translate for me, saying that this is something that I already know how to do for I have been smoking hookah for 8 years.

Anyways, I took the vase home, tried it once, and noticed that the opening of the glass has a noticeable curve. I took it back, battled with the old man for about 5-10 minutes, and finally walked out of their with a better vase. I've been going to Cafe Istanbul since they first opened and I noticed he is getting more and more grumpy as the years go by.
Haha thats a funny story. He does seem kinda grumpy so i know what you are talkin about
Old October 13th, 2009, 03:36 PM
thefaded
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Cafe Istanbul used to carry coconara once upon a time. I go to Nana's Smoke Shop in North Phoenix (my side of town).
There's a closer place to Cafe Istabul for CoCoNara called Memos. You might want to check it out if you're in the Tempe area- It's on the SE corner of McClintock and Broadway. They sell SB and AF there, too.
Old October 13th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Jemmay
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Jemmay Send a message via MSN to Jemmay Send a message via Yahoo to Jemmay Send a message via Skype™ to Jemmay

I'd definitely recommend trying AF 2 if you're a fan of any double apple flavor. I got some to try and ended up going through 200g in a week.
Old October 13th, 2009, 09:06 PM
mybrohshi5
Hookah Nut

i tried both the AF flavors i got and couldnt get either to work.

Anyone know where to buy fantasia in Tempe, AZ?
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook