Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Hookah indoors?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 13th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Jonz
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: Hookah indoors?

The only bad thing associated with smoking indoors, and I think this is why they don't allow it in most rentals, is that even hookah smoke will stain your walls yellow eventually. Especially when they get moist, it'll make yellow spots appear, so that's something to consider. Other than that, it's better than burning incense in my opinion, incenses don't smell that great in general unless you get a really good kind. Too bad they don't have a fresh baked bread flavor hookah tobacco, then everyone would love your house and not know why. :P
Old October 13th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
I assume (or hope) that between the water filtration and indirect heat in hookah smoking, the smoke would break up and dissipate quickly. My observation may be way off, but judging by some of the member videos I've watched here, that seems to be the case. I've never seen a hookah video where there was that haze of smoke in the room that one would see with cigars. Many times, the hookah smoke looks like water vapor by comparison.
Thats what I meant, there is MORE smoke with hookahs, but the smoke does not linger or last in clouds or fog very long.
Old October 13th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonz View Post
Too bad they don't have a fresh baked bread flavor hookah tobacco, then everyone would love your house and not know why. :P

I can make you some dough and you can bake it. My bread is the best on the earth.
Old October 13th, 2009, 12:02 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

I read an article...somewhere.... about this baker, and then that's all I can think about now. I love good bread.

As far as smoking hookah in the house, just don't drop coals on the carpet and/or linoleum. It won't leave a smell.
Old October 13th, 2009, 12:43 PM
wacawaca
Hookah Newbie

always smoke indoors doesnt linger but for 30 min if that not nearly as harsh of a smell as cigars, and you can do smoke tricks better inside
Old October 13th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Pete
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
As far as smoking hookah in the house, just don't drop coals on the carpet and/or linoleum. It won't leave a smell.
Would buying a windcover, despite the fact that the plan is to do the majority of my smoking indoors, alleviate this problem? The area in which I intend to smoke is carpeted.
Old October 13th, 2009, 01:44 PM
LunasCrain
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Yahoo to LunasCrain

I smoke my hookah in doors and out doors but then again we love the smell, smells more floral than anything else- Save for the cardamom
Old October 13th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Would buying a windcover, despite the fact that the plan is to do the majority of my smoking indoors, alleviate this problem? The area in which I intend to smoke is carpeted.
This problem is best alleviated by having a good grip with your tongs on the coals lol. Wind covers are more for temperature control then they are anything else. It's always a good idea to buy or make a windcover. They can concentrate the coals heat causing you to have to use fewer coals per session saving money =D.

But with ashy coals I generally take the coals down from the bowl, tap them in the tray to get the fragile ash off of them then I take the bowl off and gently tap the ash on the foil into the tray. Replace the coals and your good to keep on truckin!

One plus about smoking outdoors for me is enstead of moving around the coals and taking off the bowl I can just blow on the bowl until all the ash is gone
Old October 13th, 2009, 05:32 PM
necco
Hookah Pro

smoking hookah indoors is ideal this time of year if you're airing out your winter clothes :3
Old October 14th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Pete
Hookah Nut

The biggest complaint I've read about the MYA QT is how the ashtray is too small and it doesn't catch the coals should they fall off. Wouldn't a windcover alleviate that problem?
Old October 14th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

When I first started .. I would not allow myself or others to smoke hookah inside. But eventually I did and now I always smoke inside. Hookah acts similar to a candle, in the sense that It makes your home smell nice and the smell dissipates over a short period of time. Go for it .. it won't taint your home like a cigar or cigarettes would.

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old October 14th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Pete
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
When I first started .. I would not allow myself or others to smoke hookah inside. But eventually I did and now I always smoke inside. Hookah acts similar to a candle, in the sense that It makes your home smell nice and the smell dissipates over a short period of time. Go for it .. it won't taint your home like a cigar or cigarettes would.
Oh, I know YOU smoke inside - you have no idea how many Sambooka videos I've watched in the past weeks. Thank you for posting them, by the way. You have no idea how helpful they have been to me.

I watched your video of lighting coals on your electric stove. I think they were ******* Hookak Quicklight coals. I have a glass-top stove, so my plan is to buy one of those cheap coil burners, and use natual coals (not ql) in an effort to cut down on fumes/odors. I'd love for this indoor smoking thing to work without leaving my home smelling different.
Old October 14th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Bonestock98
Hookah Newbie

I've actually never had a big problem with QL's inside either. I usually smoke in my basement which has concrete walls so nothing is there to hold the smell. But I've never has problems with the smoke lingering, even the Hookah lounge I go to doesn't have a smell when they aren't busy.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook