Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Why let me get ripped off?

Hookah Discussion

Closed Thread Share

Old October 14th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Bogalu
Banned

Default Why let me get ripped off?

I joined this forum for a sense of safety and help with the ever growing world of hookah. Because of this forums rules, you guys pretty much deliberately let me get ripped off. Let me explain...

I know we don't talk about certain vendors... at least now I do, but this needs to be said so hopefully the mods wont ban me or remove my msg.

I just purchased a huge order, over $200 dollars to be exact, from Wo********* or the devils playground because you guys don't have a section on what vendors are banned and why. So instead of finding a warning from a member on this website about this vendor I thought to myself that its because it must be a new website that you guys didn't know of. So after ordering I thought I'd share the great (Fake) prices and deals with you guys by adding the vendor to the vendors section. I get a msg from a mod saying we cant talk about banned vendors. I become scared and confused... banned... why I ask myself? So I ask this mod and she replies that I should do a google search on this vendor. After hours of searching I finally turn up an amazing amount of disputes and problem postings on a couple websites. I realize I was ripped off and now had to not only dispute the charge, but cancel my debit card since this guy has my numbers now. Now I have to wait WEEKS to get a new debit card all because I was never educated from what I thought was one of the best forums on the web. I feel soo betrayed by soo many of you. I hope many of you learn from my post because if I'm not banned after this then it prolly wont matter because I don't plan on visiting this forum anymore anyway.
Old October 14th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Jemmay
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Jemmay Send a message via MSN to Jemmay Send a message via Yahoo to Jemmay Send a message via Skype™ to Jemmay
Default Re: Why let me get ripped off?

I, too, would like a list of banned vendors, but putting one up would be advertising for them, no?
Old October 14th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Sykotik
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Sykotik Send a message via MSN to Sykotik Send a message via Yahoo to Sykotik

stfu. dont blame us because you decided to buy something. you hit enter. not us. expect us to hold your hand the whole time when you order something?

Go do some research before you blame us. I always look up reviews before i order. i suggest you do the same and im glad you learned your lesson.

sure, they should say that hes a banned vendor but you dont need to come down on us because you were to lazy to realize what you were doing

Last edited by Sykotik; October 14th, 2009 at 01:24 PM.
Old October 14th, 2009, 01:22 PM
abzy786
Hookah Enthusiast

to be fair. if people do research they will find a lot of good revies on youtube. i was going to make and order from them and then recived an eail from some one on this form saying they do not comple orderes. then looked on google to see alot of bad reviews.

HP Feedback - http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...hlight=abzy786
Old October 14th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Bogalu
Banned

It would NOT be advertising for them. I understand we don't talk crap about other forums or vendors or whatever but my god, world hookah DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A CONTACT OR LOCATION AREA I just got screwed with no one to let my bank talk to! How many more members are you going to just let get ripped off and sit by and watch!? Do you mods enjoy it?! It sickens me, I cant believe it after spending soo much time with you guys in the chat area, putting up videos for you guys, hanging out on stickam with many of you that you'd let people who may be considered as friends down like this. I hope you guys feel ashamed of yourselves!
Old October 14th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Scrubmonkey
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Scrubmonkey Send a message via Yahoo to Scrubmonkey

to be honest it's not our fault that you didnt do the research on this vendor... you could have easily googled the vendor name and seen all the comments, just as you can google hookah john or nazarhookah and find comments or reviews on them as well. don't blame us because u are pissed off at your own mistake.
Old October 14th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Sykotik
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Sykotik Send a message via MSN to Sykotik Send a message via Yahoo to Sykotik

you my friend. are really pissing me off. I hope you DO get banned for posting up the banned vendor. and i hope you never come back you sad excuse for a human being. Gtfo.

im done with this stupid ass topic.

Im HAPPY this happened to you, i am not ashamed if you were kind about it instead of offensive i woulda had little sympathy. but nope. ur an idiot. bye.
Old October 14th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Bogalu
Banned

Oh and just to let you know Sykotik, I did do my research, just on the wrong sites! So how about you STFU! This guy goes to soo many far lengths as to actually put up fake reviews for his store on MANY, SOOO MANY websites that after seeing soo many of them I believed them. So next time you do your OWN research before you talk your crap to me. It's my fault, I'm not denying that, what I'm saying is if there was a thread warning me, I wouldn't of even bother visiting the website. So THANKS for your imput Sykotik, next time don't bother with it.
Old October 14th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Jemmay
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Jemmay Send a message via MSN to Jemmay Send a message via Yahoo to Jemmay Send a message via Skype™ to Jemmay

Erm, did you click the "contact" button at the top of the main page? Looks lke a phone number and address there.

And to sykotik...I'm sure you might be a little abrasive too if you were going through the same thing.
Old October 14th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Matt-641
Hookah Pro

A banned vendor section is definately a good idea, however, whenever you buy something from online it's always a "buy at your own risk" sort of deal. So you shouldn't be mad at people on the forums b/c you decided to take the risk. I'm sure everyone on this forum has had a bad experience buying something from online at some point in their life, but you don't see them blaming others for their mistake.
Old October 14th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Scrubmonkey
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogalu View Post
It would NOT be advertising for them. I understand we don't talk crap about other forums or vendors or whatever but my god, world hookah DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A CONTACT OR LOCATION AREA I just got screwed with no one to let my bank talk to! How many more members are you going to just let get ripped off and sit by and watch!? Do you mods enjoy it?! It sickens me, I cant believe it after spending soo much time with you guys in the chat area, putting up videos for you guys, hanging out on stickam with many of you that you'd let people who may be considered as friends down like this. I hope you guys feel ashamed of yourselves!
i'm sorry and i rarely get angry at people, but i dont feel sorry for someone who can't even look up different vendors to see if they are authentic or not. Am i supposed to feel bad for you when you hear about a hookah flavor, order said flavor, then smoke the flavor and find out u dont like the flavor? Is it then our fault as well because we didn't tell you it was a good flavor or that you didnt do your homework and look up reviews on it?? tell me..should i feel ashamed then?
Old October 14th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Sykotik
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemmay View Post
Erm, did you click the "contact" button at the top of the main page? Looks lke a phone number and address there.

And to sykotik...I'm sure you might be a little abrasive too if you were going through the same thing.

I would never cry to the community because 'they didnt warn me'

because i wasnt stupid enough to order without asking.

I ask around. i am a member at many communities and i ask everyobdy about each vendor.

no need to take you're anger out on us buddy. go get hugged.
Old October 14th, 2009, 01:36 PM
abzy786
Hookah Enthusiast

lol i did my reasearch and was fine. use one of the BEST vendoers Hookah John. perfect every time

Old October 14th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Sykotik
Banned

lol did you even get scammed or did you just cancel the order and cut up ur card because you heard the words banned vendor??
Old October 14th, 2009, 01:39 PM
esteban
Hookah Pro

Why buy from somewhere unknown when you can buy from someone like john, i really don't see how you can blame anyone else but yourself.
Old October 14th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Bogalu
Banned

Are you on the same site jemmay? The only word that looks like contact is catalog? Theres no number or address or anything anywhere, I did do research on google, youtube, yahoo, everything! The guy came up clean. Yes I pressed enter. Once again, this guy looks as authentic as possible and has sooo many reviews saying he is. I do my homework, it was clean. Only after I got the msg after placing the order from a mod here that hes banned did I spend close to 3 hours digging for something bad through all the B/S saying hes the best did I finally pair off the name of the site with rip off did a website called ripoffs come up with bad reviews, it wasn't easy at all. So it could have happened to any of you and I'm saying this now so that it wont. So don't treat me like I didn't do my homework.
Old October 14th, 2009, 01:40 PM
opticalshadow
Banned

now im not pointing fingers, but int he future heres a sugestion, for arguments sake.

what i did was create a thread on my first online buy, listed website and what i was ordering asked for input on my order asked for input on my vendor choice waited a few days for a bunch of responses and wound up with a lot more for a lot less with arguably the best vendor around.
Old October 14th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Sykotik
Banned

lol. i once had a $200 order set up with him.

I typed in his "BANNED VENDOR NAME" and guess what?

i canceled my order

now, if i could do it...you could do it.
Old October 14th, 2009, 01:45 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykotik View Post
stfu. dont blame us because you decided to buy something. you hit enter. not us. expect us to hold your hand the whole time when you order something?

Go do some research before you blame us. I always look up reviews before i order. i suggest you do the same and im glad you learned your lesson.

sure, they should say that hes a banned vendor but you dont need to come down on us because you were to lazy to realize what you were doing
+1 i totally agree...
Old October 14th, 2009, 01:45 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Im sorry but thread usually dont get me angry and this has, its YOUR own fault from buying from them, theys numerous youtube videos about how bad they are etc, why not look.

You could easily have emailed any long standing HP member and asked them about them and they would have told you they honest truth but you didnt, i have had at least 4 people email me about them and i tell them everytime not to do business they even tho the prices are low.

So why didnt you email anyone?

They must be a reason why no one talks about them, and they are not active on HP, any question you should ask yourself is why not

Please dont go around bashing members for not telling you they are not a realiable vendor, when you didnt even try looking

EDIT: i could find at least 10 threads on another site why they are crap from one google search and it wasnt hard

Last edited by patelbadboy2006; October 14th, 2009 at 01:47 PM.
Old October 14th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Scrubmonkey
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelbadboy2006 View Post
Im sorry but thread usually dont get me angry and this has, its YOUR own fault from buying from them, theys numerous youtube videos about how bad they are etc, why not look.

You could easily have emailed any long standing HP member and asked them about them and they would have told you they honest truth but you didnt, i have had at least 4 people email me about them and i tell them everytime not to do business they even tho the prices are low.

They must be a reason why no one talks about them, and they are not active on HP, any question you should ask yourself is why not

Please dont go around bashing members for not telling you they are not a realiable vendor, when you didnt even try looking
and also claiming u were "scared to ask" is bs someone would have explained to you why we dont mention certain vendors

just adding on to patel's post
Old October 14th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Jemmay
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Are you on the same site jemmay? The only word that looks like contact is catalog? Theres no number or address or anything anywhere, I did do research on google, youtube, yahoo, everything! The guy came up clean. Yes I pressed enter. Once again, this guy looks as authentic as possible and has sooo many reviews saying he is. I do my homework, it was clean. Only after I got the msg after placing the order from a mod here that hes banned did I spend close to 3 hours digging for something bad through all the B/S saying hes the best did I finally pair off the name of the site with rip off did a website called ripoffs come up with bad reviews, it wasn't easy at all. So it could have happened to any of you and I'm saying this now so that it wont. So don't treat me like I didn't do my homework.
It's at the menu across the top of the page. looks like said menu is done in flash or something so maybe its just not loading.
Old October 14th, 2009, 01:49 PM
abzy786
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelbadboy2006 View Post

EDIT: i could find at least 10 threads on another site why they are crap from one google search and it wasnt hard
patel you had probblems ordering from them last time. i remember watching ur vid which is probbabley why i have never seen another 1

Old October 14th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Sykotik
Banned

Quote:

usually at ANY website. you see "About us" or "Contact" ...
Old October 14th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Matt-641
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykotik View Post
usually at ANY reputable website. you see "About us" or "Contact" ...
fixed
Closed Thread Share
Share with your friends on facebook