Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Why let me get ripped off?

Hookah Discussion

Closed Thread Share

Old October 14th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Ninorey123
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Ninorey123
Default Re: Why let me get ripped off?

...why can't we all just get along...
Old October 14th, 2009, 01:55 PM
opticalshadow
Banned

Old October 14th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Sykotik
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Sykotik Send a message via MSN to Sykotik Send a message via Yahoo to Sykotik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-641 View Post
fixed

ty
Old October 14th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Bogalu
Banned

Jemmy, I have tried looking up the site with both IE and Firefox and know they both have flash plugins, can you please give me the number? I need to supply it to my bank. I didn't ask because I thought that any and all vendors that you guys know of are listed on this site. After doing my research and placing my order did I want everyone to know of the prices and deals did I submit the vendor to the area because I figured it must have been a new vendor that just came up that maybe you guys didn't know of yet. How was I susposed to know? Once again, I'm not blaming you guys! Its my fault! What I'm saying is this all could have been avoided and can be avoided in the future for anyone else if a banned vendors area is put up so that people know to stay away from them.<br>
Old October 14th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Straykat
Hookah Nut

Caveat emptor, dude. Buyer beware.
D-Szlos
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogalu View Post
Jemmy, I have tried looking up the site with both IE and Firefox and know they both have flash plugins, can you please give me the number? I need to supply it to my bank. I didn't ask because I thought that any and all vendors that you guys know of are listed on this site. After doing my research and placing my order did I want everyone to know of the prices and deals did I submit the vendor to the area because I figured it must have been a new vendor that just came up that maybe you guys didn't know of yet. How was I susposed to know? Once again, I'm not blaming you guys! Its my fault! What I'm saying is this all could have been avoided and can be avoided in the future for anyone else if a banned vendors area is put up so that people know to stay away from them.<br>

Someone just changed their point of view real quick... However ill be nice and PM the contact info to you.
Sykotik
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Sykotik Send a message via MSN to Sykotik Send a message via Yahoo to Sykotik

Quote:

actually, you were blaming us. if i remember correctly

"we should be ashamed of ourselves"

fml
Old October 14th, 2009, 02:02 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Quote:
I joined this forum for a sense of safety and help with the ever growing world of hookah. Because of this forums rules, you guys pretty much deliberately let me get ripped off. Let me explain...

I know we don't talk about certain vendors... at least now I do, but this needs to be said so hopefully the mods wont ban me or remove my msg.

I just purchased a huge order, over $200 dollars to be exact, from Wo********* or the devils playground because you guys don't have a section on what vendors are banned and why. So instead of finding a warning from a member on this website about this vendor I thought to myself that its because it must be a new website that you guys didn't know of. So after ordering I thought I'd share the great (Fake) prices and deals with you guys by adding the vendor to the vendors section. I get a msg from a mod saying we cant talk about banned vendors. I become scared and confused... banned... why I ask myself? So I ask this mod and she replies that I should do a google search on this vendor. After hours of searching I finally turn up an amazing amount of disputes and problem postings on a couple websites. I realize I was ripped off and now had to not only dispute the charge, but cancel my debit card since this guy has my numbers now. Now I have to wait WEEKS to get a new debit card all because I was never educated from what I thought was one of the best forums on the web. I feel soo betrayed by soo many of you. I hope many of you learn from my post because if I'm not banned after this then it prolly wont matter because I don't plan on visiting this forum anymore anyway.
Quote:
How was I susposed to know? Once again, I'm not blaming you guys! Its my fault!
wait on your first post your blaming "US".. hmmmm
Old October 14th, 2009, 02:06 PM
opticalshadow
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD_HATTER View Post
wait on your first post your blaming "US".. hmmmm
but this is like the end of star wars where vader gets his ass handed to him by luke and he becomes all wimpy and loving and dies in his sons arms.
Old October 14th, 2009, 02:06 PM
D-Szlos
Hookah Pro

Okay guys, let him be. i sent him the contact info in a private message to keep it off the general forum. Lets let this topic wither and die a terrible death.
Old October 14th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Scrubmonkey
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Scrubmonkey Send a message via Yahoo to Scrubmonkey

+1 hatter
Old October 14th, 2009, 02:07 PM
ByronSA
Hookah Pro

they are actually in the vendor reviews(under a different name). if there's any reviews on any site that are less than stellar, then i just would not order from them

i don't know maybe you never saw this or something. we all make mistakes
http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25
Old October 14th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Sykotik
Banned

Old October 14th, 2009, 02:08 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by opticalshadow View Post
but this is like the end of star wars where vader gets his ass handed to him by luke and he becomes all wimpy and loving and dies in his sons arms.
LMFAO exactly bro
Old October 14th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Bogalu
Banned

I was furious, what can I say. I'm sorry. Seriously though, I still made a great amount of valid points, and all newbies to forums can be the next ones to get ripped off, all it takes is one extra area where banned vendors are listed and a warning not to shop there. I wouldn't even have needed reasons. Soo please, someone talk to a mod about putting that area into action.
Old October 14th, 2009, 02:13 PM
FusionX
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to FusionX

I had a couple orders defective / unfulfilled from neal in the past and I called him out on it. He apologized and sent me a new box of the same order without charging shipping and let me keep all the items. He also sent me an AF 36" Solid which I got a great deal on it. Guess what? Stem had bad welds and he sent me a new stem and payed for shipping of the old one. I know he has some shady products (fake minis, bad coals), but if you gotta order anything from there, I would suggest it being shisha tobacco only. I'm not trying to promote him, but that's my experience with neal. Recently after the phunnel incident, I am a regular of HJ and just got done with an 80 dollar order. Next up from HJ will be a trimetal and this secret santa thing a bunch of us are doing on stickam.

Last edited by FusionX; October 14th, 2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old October 14th, 2009, 02:18 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Szlos View Post
Okay guys, let him be. i sent him the contact info in a private message to keep it off the general forum. Lets let this topic wither and die a terrible death.
woah! it sounds like D is running for a MOD position, lol, seriously, very professional response.
I really hesitate to chime in here only because I don't want to add any drama but in all fairness there is a place on the net that promotes said vendor as the greatest vendor of anything on earth no matter how bad he is...at everything. people get duped every day and learn the hard way. i'm not saying hp should do anything about this other than having so much info on positive resources but i can see how a consumer could fall into that trap.
Old October 14th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Straykat
Hookah Nut

To the OP: I must have missed it. How did you get ripped off in the first place? Based on the title and all the angst, my guess is you got taken somehow? Please explain where you got taken to the cleaners.
Old October 14th, 2009, 02:20 PM
D-Szlos
Hookah Pro

LOL trust me im not trying to do that John, i just felt bad that someone could be so naive. Plus syk was doing a good enough job.
Old October 14th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I am unfortunately fully aware of the vendor in question and suffice it to say I hate the SOB and I am sorry to hear that yet another person got stung by him. That being said it's not the fault of HP that Bogalu got ripped off because in the end the customer and vendor is responsible for a transaction. I would however like to see a sticky posted with a list of banned vendors and a brief explanation of why they are banned although it should be closed to comment.
Old October 14th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Closing this thread ... the OP has the information he needs.

We are discussing this in the MOD section. We may list banned members and why .. but we will figure that out.

I am also editing the locked vendor thread to include the "changed" name.

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Closed Thread Share
Share with your friends on facebook