Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Another Blue Mist failure

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 15th, 2009, 03:21 PM
freezingwar
Hookah Nut

Default Another Blue Mist failure

So yesterday I decided to try the legendary starbuzz blue mist and came out disappointed. I thought that when people said it tasted "chemical" it was more like how they sometimes criticize sodas or lemonades that are all artificial and don't have a natural taste. But here, it means it tastes phunky for the lack of another word. It's not the hose, its not the hookah, but its the blue mist alright. So my friend gave me a sample of blue mist and now I'm scared. I love low buzz flavorful shishas and wanted to order some White Peach from starbuzz. So my question is, to all blue mist haters and can't handle Nakhla too well, should I give White Peach a try? Or should I order some HH 7 spice and root beer that I've been wanting to try. (BTW, tried lucid tangiers, first times it wasn't as strong some people make it seem to be, but as time moves on, you realize it made a mind trick on you and you suddenly crave lucid horchata.... lol)
Old October 15th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Default Re: Another Blue Mist failure

I think starbuzz makes the best white peach!

BUT .. you can't go wrong with the other two choices they are both great flavors if you can smoke them without burning them ..

Hope that helps!? Not really, because I like all three ..

Cheers!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old October 15th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Mackmaven
Hookah Aficionado

listen to the man... SB is good for only a few flavors but white peach might be the best
pcchung
Hookah Newbie

I just ordered a tin of bluemist and a tin of white peach
Never tried SB in my life
Hopefully it goes better for me!
mybrohshi5
Hookah Nut

I have never had problems with SB blue mist. Maybe the tobacco started going bad or something?

What was your set up? coals used and how many? bowl? etc.

I usually smoke SB out of my phunnel or large egyptian with 3 coconaras on the out edge of the bowl and it works out great for me everytime.

What i have found out though is that sometimes SB tobacco doesnt last very long after opened (i mean the flavor doesnt last very long, gets all weird tasting) so i usually try to stick with the 100g cans and that seems to work.

I have heard SB white peach is good though so i would say maybe give it a go. Maybe try the 100g can first and if you really like it get a 250g can next time
Old October 15th, 2009, 03:30 PM
abzy786
Hookah Enthusiast

all the HYPE around blue mist i thought it would be amazing i was very very very disappointed. A very gd flavor is citrus mist. i will always have this in my stash

HP Feedback - http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...hlight=abzy786
Old October 15th, 2009, 03:35 PM
AmNite
Hookah Newbie

ive noticed starbuzz have changed something in there flavoring, i remember how amazing they were a couple of years back. Every flavor I've tried recently has been bad (bad batches or what?) they dont seem as wet as they once were. Maybe they just f'd up on a few of there flavors. There doing the Al Fakher flex often now!

if your looking for a good brand try fusion! I've never been let down there flavors are reaaaallyy nice, i think there underrated! If only it was available here in the UK

Last edited by AmNite; October 15th, 2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old October 15th, 2009, 03:36 PM
camsrams89
Hookah Newbie

i too recently bought blue mist and was very disappointed. thought for sure i had a winner after all the great reviews it got. too much mist and not enough blue. the mint flavor was very overpowering. i have a little 16" hookah with a very small bowl. i wanna keep playin around with it to see if i can bring more of that berry flavor out of it. can anyone give me any suggestions? once again i have a dona style hookah 16" tall. thanks!
Old October 15th, 2009, 03:36 PM
freezingwar
Hookah Nut

thx for all the advices, I made up my mind and listen to sam and try white peach along with the HH flavors. My set up was a small tangiers, mya qt, 2 coco naras with windcover and nammor hose. But it might make sense that the tobacco got bad or something, my friend brought it from Texas in June so I might have had a bad batch, but I will pass on blue mist for the time being
Old October 15th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I would like to add one thing ..

I am not sure how their white peach is now? I had it about two years ago .. and it was like putting a peach in your mouth! ::Fingers Crossed:: that it is still that amazing for you!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old October 15th, 2009, 04:26 PM
WinBigLoseBig
Hookah Newbie

For me I find that SB White Peach tastes more like peach skins. It wasnt bad, but I found it does have that kind of dry peach skin flavor.
Old October 15th, 2009, 04:40 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
I would like to add one thing ..

I am not sure how their white peach is now? I had it about two years ago .. and it was like putting a peach in your mouth! ::Fingers Crossed:: that it is still that amazing for you!
YEAS i love SB white peach.. i havent had it for a year now.. but it was delicious when i first had it mmMMmmmMMMM
Old October 15th, 2009, 08:33 PM
LemonJPooding
Hookah Nut

to be honest the white peach gave me a headache, it was really overwhelming flavor and it made my hose taste like peach for like a week.
Old October 15th, 2009, 08:49 PM
1lowtoy
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to 1lowtoy Send a message via Yahoo to 1lowtoy

I actually have blue mist right now and it was great the day i opened the tin but all i can say is after like 2 weeks it really tast bad really bad. I cant tell you why but i had a tin of passion fruit majito do the same took a little longer but did the same infact the off flavor it had was identical weired tast with the over tone of the correct flavor over the top of it if it makes any sence. If your buying SB as of lately i wouldnt order more than 100g at a time. just my 2 cents. blue mist used to be great but now its another reason i just stick with the proven tobaccos Nakhla and Desi now and then. Desi will put hair on your chest so watch out it packs a punch.
Old October 15th, 2009, 09:04 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonJPooding View Post
to be honest the white peach gave me a headache, it was really overwhelming flavor and it made my hose taste like peach for like a week.
but did it taste good? lol
Old October 15th, 2009, 10:12 PM
freezingwar
Hookah Nut

well that explains a lot, I guess I just had a really bad blue mist as its almost 3 months old since it was opened it and it has gone through all type of weathers before. Hmm, well good thing I just ordered 100g of white peach but probably be my last starbuzz as I live outside the states and making frequent orders is a pain... Thx for all the comments, I guess I should just grow some and get some cheap Nakhla I can get here
Old October 15th, 2009, 10:35 PM
twoapplesplease
Hookah Guru

Im suprised no company's have recreated a jaba the hut hookah.Lord nows every starwars nerd in the world would buy one.me incuded
Old October 15th, 2009, 10:36 PM
flippy
Hookah Enthusiast

That peach is quite overwhelming, it tastes like a peach for sure. It's too much for me, but Blue Mist for me was the longest lasting shisha I have smoked. I had a couple 2+ hour bowls out of it.
Old October 15th, 2009, 11:43 PM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

I've had success with JM's Blue Rain
Old October 16th, 2009, 12:43 PM
uk_shisha_king
Hookah Nut

you know what, I've had the same problem with SB bluemist, I dont know but it just dont taste right to me. I bought it off a fellow HP member (250g), but im thinking that might be an old batch thats why it aint tasting good.

However I bought 250g of bluemist off John the other day and I havent opened it yet but I might just open it to see if there is a difference in taste.

If there is a difference and it tastes good then I'll let you guys know.

Thanks
Old October 16th, 2009, 12:45 PM
yeags777
Hookah Pro

If you're going to order a peach, get the nakhla mizo peach or pharaoh's exotic peach (if you want a buzz)... SB white peach is good, but I prefer the other two.
Old October 16th, 2009, 01:32 PM
ByronSA
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeags777 View Post
If you're going to order a peach, get the nakhla mizo peach or pharaoh's exotic peach (if you want a buzz)... SB white peach is good, but I prefer the other two.
agreed, SB white peach is good, however, i prefer nakhla mizo peach
Old October 18th, 2009, 07:02 PM
uk_shisha_king
Hookah Nut

Smoked the SB bluemist, the second tin which I got from John. Its a day and night difference in taste compared to the 1 I bought off a fellow HP member.

For the people who say the bluemist tastes nasty, I think its because its an old batch which has been stocked up for a long time. Ive read members stating that when they leave SB stocked and smoke it after a long time then the taste just turns rubbish. So I think it tastes best when it is smoked fresh out the tin.
Old October 18th, 2009, 07:36 PM
rlynge
Hookah Nut

I personally did not like sb bluemist and I haven't had the white peach but I can tell you that hh 7 spice is a tasty biatch. I love it.
Old October 18th, 2009, 07:39 PM
SK Exotics
Hookah Newbie

I think freshness is a factor with blue mist as well.

We used to smoke bm out of my friends stratus and it was delicious. When the hookah lounge was out of bm in the tin, he sold us some from his bulk tub. It was pretty dry and left this awful spiciness on my tongue.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook