Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

what can i do to improve my hookah?!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 15th, 2009, 10:38 PM
camsrams89
Hookah Newbie

Default what can i do to improve my hookah?!

hey guys! i have a 16" 2 hose dona style hookah. this hookah has a very small bowl and it can be hard to get the heat management just right with a bowl this small. i'm thinking that a bigger bowl will help it smoke better. will that help? anything else i can buy for it that will make it smoke better? also thinkin about getting a new hookah soon. if you guys can give me some suggestions for a good hookah that smokes like a champ whether its just me smokin or me and my friends. try to keep it under the $100 price range. thanks guys!
Old October 15th, 2009, 10:40 PM
twoapplesplease
Hookah Guru

Default Re: what can i do to improve my hookah?!

get a single hose syrian from **********
Also for small bowls I find a foil crown works wonders...
Old October 15th, 2009, 10:42 PM
flippy
Hookah Enthusiast

I'd say get a AF Hookah from **********, or any of the other syrians or KM's.
Old October 15th, 2009, 10:46 PM
camsrams89
Hookah Newbie

lol i'm a hookah newb. whats a foil crown?
Old October 15th, 2009, 10:50 PM
mybrohshi5
Hookah Nut

Hookah: KM ice from anywhere you can find for under $100. I think hookah john sells them. i say a KM ice cause i love the ice chamber up top. It really cools the smoke and makes my sessions really smooth and enjoyable.

Bowl: get a large egyptian (holds 20-25g of tobacco) or a small phunnel bowl. When i bought my first hookah i was barley getting any smoke and i thought it was the hookah but it was actually the tiny bowl it came with. i purchased a $6 large egyptian bowl soon after and it changed everything. Lots of smoke now and great flavor. i use 3 coals around the outside edge of the bowl and if you manage the heat right you will get large clouds with nice flavor

Hose: Namor, Razan, Km anything that is a wider gauge then the stock hose that comes with the hookah (unless the hookah already comes with one like this) The wider gauge hose will make it easier to pull and will give you more smoke =) Make sure you know if its a washable one or not cause if its not you cannot run water through it or it will rust. i like my Namor hose cause its washable and i can clean it out if the smoke starts to taste funny from it.

Tobacco: i have found that certain tobaccos are much more enjoyable and easy to smoke compared to others. my experience is that the wet juicy drippy tobaccos are the easiest for beginners like me to smoke and get big clouds and lots of tasty flavor. My two personal favorites are Star Buzz and Fantasia.

Coals: i use coconara natural hookah coals and have found them to be the easiest to use and i would not use any other coal.

Foil: use 1 layer of heavy duty or 2 layers of just normal foil. (shiny side down) i use the hole pattern many people use. i take a toothpick or push pin and poke about 12-16 holes on the outermost circle, 8-10 holes on the next circle in, and 4-6 holes on the final third circle closest to the middle and then i put 1 hole a little bigger then the rest in the very middle.

Hope this helps =)

Last edited by mybrohshi5; October 15th, 2009 at 10:58 PM.
Old October 15th, 2009, 11:00 PM
twoapplesplease
Hookah Guru

A foil crown==This is a windcover made of aluminum foil thats wraped around the bowl so that theres a nice 3 inch tall wall of alluminum foil around the edges of the bowl.You'll want to fabricate a nice one thats double thick so you can reuse it many times.Also as the coal dies down you can close the top down as needed to provide more heat.
Old October 15th, 2009, 11:03 PM
camsrams89
Hookah Newbie

awesome thanks for all the help guys!
Old October 15th, 2009, 11:06 PM
mybrohshi5
Hookah Nut

And honestly just search around the forum and read things and watch you tube videos. thats how i learned everything i know about hookah. it will help your hookah knowledge a lot and it doesnt take long to find out what you enjoy and what works for you. everyone is different and likes different things so just find out what you like and enjoy.
Old October 15th, 2009, 11:12 PM
1lowtoy
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to 1lowtoy Send a message via Yahoo to 1lowtoy

if you must buy a hookah you never can go wrong with a QT there great for the price and made to be a double hose and will for sure get you in under a 100 for the hookahand a hose adapter for 2 hoses.
Old October 15th, 2009, 11:26 PM
camsrams89
Hookah Newbie

do all km's have the ice feature?
Old October 15th, 2009, 11:30 PM
mybrohshi5
Hookah Nut

No only some. A regular KM is awesome too but i just love the ice chamber feature.

Check this page out: http://www.**********.com/category.sc?categoryId=8

the KM's with the ice chamber cost a little more but honestly i think its worth it but if you dont want to spend a little extra a normal KM is amazing too. Plus they come with nice hoses that sell for about $20 each =)

Also check out your local hookah shops cause sometimes they will have KM's for cheap. Like the 38" KM ice in my pic below i got at a local shop in tempe, az for $95
Old October 15th, 2009, 11:40 PM
camsrams89
Hookah Newbie

wow thats an awesome deal. ya i might just look around tomorrow see what i can find. i might just buy a hose and bowl tomorrow for the hookah i have
Old October 15th, 2009, 11:57 PM
mybrohshi5
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by camsrams89 View Post
wow thats an awesome deal. ya i might just look around tomorrow see what i can find. i might just buy a hose and bowl tomorrow for the hookah i have
Yeah a new bowl and hose will definitely change your hookah experience.

and really i have found that many hookahs produce the same amount of smoke its the bowl, tobacco, hose, coals, and the way you pack the bowl is what makes all the difference.

Good luck tomorrow. post what you buy so we can check it out
Old October 16th, 2009, 12:43 AM
camsrams89
Hookah Newbie

definitely i'll let you guys know
Old October 16th, 2009, 02:02 AM
opticalshadow
Banned

late to the thread but heres my 2 cents.

go with a small phunnel or small vortex, i have 5 bowls, i only use my phunnel its so good(my vortex is a large and just to much fro one or two people)

coals, if your ganna go QL go with CH, best QL's period, get nats if you can light them.

shisha is really up to what you like, ive found atleast one flavor with every brand ive tried that i like, but if your into budget Nak is the cheapest.

Hookah: i own 3, one home made (milk carton FTW) a 24" myan 4 hose (which i often lend out) and my 34" KM chiller(ice) i personaly refuse to smoke out of anything not of atleast KM quality anymore, km's arent to bad and all smoke great (prices start at 90, my chiller cost me 110 i beilve from john)when packing with a standered bowl make sure your not clogging the holes, make sure your foil is tight to prevent it to sag and burn the shisha make sure all your grommets fit tight and you have no leaks, one small leak can ruin your drag.

hose: hands down my best hose was a Razan, the KM hose that came with my KM is also wonderful just to short for me, i need legth so dogs dont tip my hookah over and so everyone in the room can smoke.

other then that maintnce, keep everything clean, after a few session give it a good cleaning, wipe the gunk out of the puge bearing, clean the down stem, un gunk your bowl, if your hose is washable wash it, a good though cleaning of the base, baking soda and lemon juice help remove old falvors. avoid leaving water in the hookah when not in use.
Old October 16th, 2009, 12:54 PM
camsrams89
Hookah Newbie

alright so pretty much wenatchee, wa is the worst place to shop for hookah gear. went to 3 places and none were successful. might have to do some online shopping or go to my old college town
Old October 16th, 2009, 02:35 PM
mybrohshi5
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by opticalshadow View Post
late to the thread but heres my 2 cents.

go with a small phunnel or small vortex, i have 5 bowls, i only use my phunnel its so good(my vortex is a large and just to much fro one or two people)

coals, if your ganna go QL go with CH, best QL's period, get nats if you can light them.

shisha is really up to what you like, ive found atleast one flavor with every brand ive tried that i like, but if your into budget Nak is the cheapest.

Hookah: i own 3, one home made (milk carton FTW) a 24" myan 4 hose (which i often lend out) and my 34" KM chiller(ice) i personaly refuse to smoke out of anything not of atleast KM quality anymore, km's arent to bad and all smoke great (prices start at 90, my chiller cost me 110 i beilve from john)when packing with a standered bowl make sure your not clogging the holes, make sure your foil is tight to prevent it to sag and burn the shisha make sure all your grommets fit tight and you have no leaks, one small leak can ruin your drag.

hose: hands down my best hose was a Razan, the KM hose that came with my KM is also wonderful just to short for me, i need legth so dogs dont tip my hookah over and so everyone in the room can smoke.

other then that maintnce, keep everything clean, after a few session give it a good cleaning, wipe the gunk out of the puge bearing, clean the down stem, un gunk your bowl, if your hose is washable wash it, a good though cleaning of the base, baking soda and lemon juice help remove old falvors. avoid leaving water in the hookah when not in use.
Haha my KM hose that came with my KM ice is too short too so i resort to my Namore =)
Old October 16th, 2009, 02:37 PM
mybrohshi5
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by camsrams89 View Post
alright so pretty much wenatchee, wa is the worst place to shop for hookah gear. went to 3 places and none were successful. might have to do some online shopping or go to my old college town
Yeah thats how it was when i lived up in idaho. there was only one good hookah shop and half the time they didnt have anything in stock. ordering online is great as long as you can stand the wait (thats what i hate) haha i made a rhyme. anyways there are many good online sites for shisha and bowls and hoses.
Old October 19th, 2009, 11:56 AM
BIG_ED
Hookah Newbie

I think my hookah might have an air leek can someone tell me how to find out if it is leeking air and how to fix if posibull . .
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook