Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Black Nakhla

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 17th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default Black Nakhla

I recently attempted to order a bunch of stuff from the U.S. including bata, kass & Khan El Khalili as well as some AF Cigar. They didn't have any of it and apparently they won't be carrying it.

It seems that the new anti-tobacco regulations passed by the obomanation prohibit tobacco with over 6% nicotine which happens to include dozens of breads that have been around for hundreds of years. Apparently they won't be carrying AF cigar for no particular reason. The nicotine limit thing is also annoying since nicotine absorption has more to do with how you smoke rather then what you smoke but I guess reason and facts don't matter to The One. I suppose i'll just order in bulk from Egypt and the UAE instead.
Old October 17th, 2009, 06:19 PM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Default Re: Black Nakhla

People here before have said that AF Cigar tastes like burnt ash, what's ur take on that, Hajo?
Old October 17th, 2009, 07:51 PM
twoapplesplease
Hookah Guru

Hmmm thats too bad..I was really starting to like nakhla khan el khalili
Old October 17th, 2009, 08:25 PM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoapplesplease View Post
where do u get it from?
Old October 17th, 2009, 08:36 PM
twoapplesplease
Hookah Guru

I order it from hookahset
Old October 17th, 2009, 08:37 PM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

I hope this doesn't mean AF Soft Black won't be available here. I'd like to get some of this. Gotta love out Nobel Prize winning leader...
Old October 17th, 2009, 08:48 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

If this is the case shouldn't all pipe tobaccos not to mention cigars be banned?
Old October 17th, 2009, 10:15 PM
camsrams89
Hookah Newbie

i thought obama was a chain smoker
Old October 17th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Dee
Hookah Pro

I've got to wonder if this is really true. I know Hippiemama had a recent experience where a store clerk told her that all shisha had been banned.

I did some searching and couldn't confirm that "high nicotine" tobacco had been banned.

Could it be the vendor is mistaken?
Old October 17th, 2009, 10:32 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

as far as i know af soft black should be in the states any day if not already
Old October 18th, 2009, 06:09 AM
omgheyitskenny
Hookah Nut

Hookah set is the worst company ever..... Annual ordered a few things from there like AF pear, Nakhla Esk Apple, Nakhla Margurita etc. said it was shipped 9/15 and didn't receive package until 1 week ago. In the package was nothing of what we ordered. and they claim to not have it instock any more.
Old October 18th, 2009, 11:18 AM
03rivers
Hookah Nut

Quote:
I order it from hookahset
Just seeing there website scares the hell out of me plus the horror stories makes me never want to order from them. However, They have some wonderful flavors of nakhla I have never seen anywhere else and so I might just do it. What do you think of them TAP?
Old October 18th, 2009, 11:52 AM
twoapplesplease
Hookah Guru

I agree there site is pretty sketch lookin as of yet,but I have seen some improvements over the last month or so...

I ordered from them on a thursday and got my oreder the following tuesday(monday was a holiday for the post office here)

I will order from them agin,But I would also call and e-mail them to make sure the order is correct....They have had some problems with sending out the wrong flavors because of things being out of stock and what not...The really should have e-mailed there customers instead of just sending a simialar flavor...Or canciling that item...
theres a kinda weird hold/do not hold for back order option when you complete your order...I think its cunfusing things for there stock person

If you do order some nakhla or al fahker from them I can not stress enuff the importance of listing 3-7 alternate flavor options depending on the size of your order.
Its no big deal to me I love every nakhla flavor I ever tried.
I'll be placing an order with them monday or tuesday for 10-14 250g boxes of nakhla
They even gave me a 10% off coupon code with my last order..So 10% there all ready low prices plus free shipping and lots of nakhla...Its a win for me untill they do me wrong...
Old October 18th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Egyptian View Post
People here before have said that AF Cigar tastes like burnt ash, what's ur take on that, Hajo?
It's a pretty good flavour but it takes a bit of work to get right. I've never had a good session with it in an Egyptian style bowl so I use a funnel with a mod or a super chief bowl. Basically the taste is nothing like a cigar but it is pretty good. l guess i'd describe it as smokey/coffee flavour with a bit of non-specific tobacco notes in the background. If you try it out it's best to pack it lightly and leave about 4-5mm of the bowl empty. Let it heat up for a couple of minutes before drawing.
Old October 18th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
My understanding is that khan el khalili will still be available since it's at the 6% nicotine threshold.
Old October 18th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookahman1988 View Post
I hope this doesn't mean AF Soft Black won't be available here. I'd like to get some of this. Gotta love out Nobel Prize winning leader...
Soft Black shouldn't be affected since it has something like 4-5% nicotine. Basically it's pretty different then anything in the black Nakhla range.
Old October 18th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post
If this is the case shouldn't all pipe tobaccos not to mention cigars be banned?
Most pipe and cigar blends have a lot less then 7% nicotine so they shouldn't be effected. Still, the new legislation is so vaguely worded that just about anything that is flavoured can be banned save menthol.
Old October 18th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
I've got to wonder if this is really true. I know Hippiemama had a recent experience where a store clerk told her that all shisha had been banned.

I did some searching and couldn't confirm that "high nicotine" tobacco had been banned.

Could it be the vendor is mistaken?
According to the guy I spoke to the FDA sent word to customs to not allow Kass and Bata into the country. I have no idea if it;s true but it sounds believable.
Old October 18th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgheyitskenny View Post
Hookah set is the worst company ever..... Annual ordered a few things from there like AF pear, Nakhla Esk Apple, Nakhla Margurita etc. said it was shipped 9/15 and didn't receive package until 1 week ago. In the package was nothing of what we ordered. and they claim to not have it instock any more.
They suck pretty bad. I waited 1 weeks with no news on my order status and after sending a few emails they finally got back to me to say that everything I wanted was back ordered and would be in with a week. After hearing that for over a month they said everything was in and that my order was shipped as of more then a week ago. When I finally got my order and I got 250g of khan el khalili (I ordered 2 kilos) and 250g of AF pipe which I did not order and none of the super kass or bata. I called and they told me that they ran out of the khan el khalili and that they will never have the super kass or bata.

hookahset is never going to any business from me again.
Old October 19th, 2009, 04:18 AM
omgheyitskenny
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
They suck pretty bad. I waited 1 weeks with no news on my order status and after sending a few emails they finally got back to me to say that everything I wanted was back ordered and would be in with a week. After hearing that for over a month they said everything was in and that my order was shipped as of more then a week ago. When I finally got my order and I got 250g of khan el khalili (I ordered 2 kilos) and 250g of AF pipe which I did not order and none of the super kass or bata. I called and they told me that they ran out of the khan el khalili and that they will never have the super kass or bata.

hookahset is never going to any business from me again.
oh they sent Annual single apple instead of esk apple, Havana Marguerita instead of nakhla, Af melon instead of pear, Af aproicot instead of AF kiwi, and a few other mismatches.
Old October 20th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I think that hookahset.com has shown us all some valuable business lessons. Don't advertise or sell stuff you don't have or can't get quickly. If you have something to sell (like Havana) let people know you have it. When fulling an order send people what they order in a timely fashion and don't send them stuff they did not order. Informing people about the status of an order is also a good idea. If you don't do anything of those things you don't deserve to be in business.
Old October 20th, 2009, 11:55 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

I think by looking at their website you can tell that they don't deserve to be in business. Even if the owner doesn't know English, he can copy and paste what is written on the boxes instead of spelling Nakhla as Nahla or Nachla.
Old October 30th, 2009, 01:14 PM
AngriestPhx
Hookah Nut

My hookah set order was almost correct. The only thing they did was swap AF Pipe for Cigar. But I am glad I got my 2 Nakhla Esk. Apples and Nakhla Khan El Khalili. I know I got lucky.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook