Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Shisha in Tunisia? Monastir?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 19th, 2009, 04:44 AM
sahal
Vendor

Default Shisha in Tunisia? Monastir?

Hey guys just a quick question, I have a family memeber that has gone to Tunisia and wanted to ask if anyone knows any decent places to pick up some Nakhla or AF or anything better there. I have been to Mahdia before but they are visiting Monastir....

Any help would be great

Thanks

Sahal
Old October 19th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default Re: Shisha in Tunisia? Monastir?

Actually I have a thread up right now about Tunisia and new smoking technique I learned there. Anyway going to Tunisia and buy Nakhla or AF is like going to Rome and buying big macks. What you should do is pick up the local stuff and the best of the local stuff is the following: Shh 'el-beled, El Kif, El Gondoul, Arous El Nile, Tombac Ma'assel Super and Tombac Ma'assel Honey. Everything above is excellent and far better then almost anything you can buy in the best West and very different then the average Gulf/American style washed & candied crap. Do your self a favour and pick up as much of those products as you can get.
Old October 19th, 2009, 12:41 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
Actually I have a thread up right now about Tunisia and new smoking technique I learned there. Anyway going to Tunisia and buy Nakhla or AF is like going to Rome and buying big macks. What you should do is pick up the local stuff and the best of the local stuff is the following: Shh 'el-beled, El Kif, El Gondoul, Arous El Nile, Tombac Ma'assel Super and Tombac Ma'assel Honey. Everything above is excellent and far better then almost anything you can buy in the best West and very different then the average Gulf/American style washed & candied crap. Do your self a favour and pick up as much of those products as you can get.
Think he wants to sell it when he gets back, and all the stuff you listed probably wont sell in the UK

But for personal use i wouldn't go against Hajo recommendations, even tho i haven't heard of any of them
Old October 19th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I have no idea what the tobacco regulations are in the U.K. but if they are like the tobacco regulations in Europa (save the German instance on a 5% limit to moisture) then he should have no trouble selling them since they are not super high nicotine (all of them are 7% or less) and you can find them for sale at little Arab groceries occasionally.

Oh, if he's looking for stuff to sell he needs to talk to your father since the Indians have dozens of awesome moassel & jurak brands.
Old October 19th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
very different then the average Gulf/American style washed & candied crap.
LOL I can feel your anger
Old October 19th, 2009, 02:08 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Quote:
I have no idea what the tobacco regulations are in the U.K. but if they are like the tobacco regulations in Europa (save the German instance on a 5% limit to moisture) then he should have no trouble selling them since they are not super high nicotine (all of them are 7% or less) and you can find them for sale at little Arab groceries occasionally.

Oh, if he's looking for stuff to sell he needs to talk to your father since the Indians have dozens of awesome moassel & jurak brands.

My uncle

I had a chance to go this summer but went Egypt, but i will go soon

They isn't a regulation like germany on the moisure of the tobacco, if you declare it then they is a 79 tax on 1kg of tobacco
Old October 19th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Bandito
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
What you should do is pick up the local stuff and the best of the local stuff is the following: Shh 'el-beled, El Kif, El Gondoul, Arous El Nile, Tombac Ma'assel Super and Tombac Ma'assel Honey. Everything above is excellent and far better then almost anything you can buy in the best West
Actually this site has pretty much all of those listed brands, now i'm really interested in getting some but unfortunately it is wholesale and you have to buy in sets of 2500g for 60 USD, not bad at all actually but not good for a first sample

http://www.elmaallem.com/home.php?currency_code=GBP
Old October 20th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
LOL I can feel your anger
That is nothing. Check out my latest post on SB.
Old October 20th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito View Post
Actually this site has pretty much all of those listed brands, now i'm really interested in getting some but unfortunately it is wholesale and you have to buy in sets of 2500g for 60 USD, not bad at all actually but not good for a first sample

http://www.elmaallem.com/home.php?currency_code=GBP
I've ordered stuff from that site before but since they only sell to business I used a local cafe to front for me. I picked up something like 20 kilos for me and about the same for the shop. That was some time back and shipping was murder but it was still worth it.
Old October 20th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahal View Post
Hey guys just a quick question, I have a family memeber that has gone to Tunisia and wanted to ask if anyone knows any decent places to pick up some Nakhla or AF or anything better there. I have been to Mahdia before but they are visiting Monastir....

Any help would be great

Thanks

Sahal
So, when are you going? Will you get any local stuff? Will be be ckecking out the locally made marghile and hoses? Let us know how it went.
Old October 21st, 2009, 04:32 AM
sahal
Vendor

i actaully went last year its a family member thats gone this time and I thought I would just ask her to bring me some stuff back if she has the time. .

Thanks for all your advise guys
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook