Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Tangiers: 12 hours later, still just BBQ smell.

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 21st, 2009, 05:26 PM
Merriweather
Hookah Newbie

Default Tangiers: 12 hours later, still just BBQ smell.

this is odd to me. i picked up some kiwi and lime in a trade with TGF. they've been out to acclimate the same way my horchata tangiers were for 12-odd hours, and still smell only of bbq. leave it out more?

would it being significantly colder in the room i acclimate in matter? i don't keep my heat on upstairs unless i am there to save on costs...
Old October 21st, 2009, 05:31 PM
Bandito
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: Tangiers: 12 hours later, still just BBQ smell.

Just leave it acclimating in the place/room you plan on smoking it in. Where is your location, has it rained there recently? And have you acclimated tangiers successfully there before? If it has rained recently, or you live some place humid, hot, and tropical like here in Miami, FL, then you may have to wait for either a dry, constant day with no rain or until the dry season (winter) comes, so the humidity doesn't fluctuate too much to not let your tobacco acclimate. Oh and keep trying overnight if anything, it can take it
Old October 21st, 2009, 05:41 PM
Merriweather
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito View Post
Just leave it acclimating in the place/room you plan on smoking it in. Where is your location, has it rained there recently? And have you acclimated tangiers successfully there before? If it has rained recently, or you live some place humid, hot, and tropical like here in Miami, FL, then you may have to wait for either a dry, constant day with no rain or until the dry season (winter) comes, so the humidity doesn't fluctuate too much to not let your tobacco acclimate. Oh and keep trying overnight if anything, it can take it
ann arbor, mi. nothing really fluctuating. nothing much different in the room from when i acclimated before except its colder in here because the heat isn't on.
Old October 21st, 2009, 05:52 PM
phatpride1
Hookah Pro

you need to stir it every 4 hours or more. and it usually takes like a 12 hours to get it nice and ripe.
Old October 21st, 2009, 06:40 PM
kingboyb
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post
would it being significantly colder in the room i acclimate in matter? i don't keep my heat on upstairs unless i am there to save on costs...
It certainly does. Bandito and Phatpride1 have covered the rest.
Old October 21st, 2009, 06:45 PM
Merriweather
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingboyb View Post
It certainly does. Bandito and Phatpride1 have covered the rest.
turn the heat on, then?
Old October 21st, 2009, 07:42 PM
1lowtoy
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to 1lowtoy Send a message via Yahoo to 1lowtoy

put it back it back in the bag and either order or buy from a local shop a box of Nakhla and your set. (lol) all that aside i had to let mine set for like 2 days and im here in indiana. Also after talking to eric at tangiers on some whit grape i had problems with i had to freeze it, and finally aclimated and it actually worked. May want to call eric at tangiers to see how you need to alicmate it for your area. Mine was caused i opened it during a very humid day but actuall the freezer trick did the trick. As it says on the package call if you have any questions at all feel free to call. eric stands behind his tobacco and will work with you till it works. I still dont like it as my favorite but finally got it to smoke it correctly.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook