Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Health Notice about smoking hookah

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
Old October 26th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Hookah Pro
Default Re: Health Notice about smoking hookah

Good to hear that you are OK.

I know how time flys when you are smoking a bowl or 2 with some friends. It seems to happen to me all the time...especially when I get back from the club and try to relax.
Old October 26th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Hookah Nut

Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
This sort of thing pops up periodically which is a decent indication that far too many people that use narghiles aren't bothering to understand the risks and how to reduce them.

First i'd suggest always lighting your coals outside since it won't set off any alarms and a lot of CO is produced during lighting.

When smoke I don't inhale mainly because for me it's about taste and craftsmanship but it also means I bring a lot less CO into my bloodstream. Basically you should smoke a narghile the way a good cigar should be smoked. See my thread about a new smoking method for an even better way.

I wait a good 20-30 seconds between draws depending upon the strength of what I smoke which helps. Also, every 15-20 minutes I simply stop smoking for about 5 minutes which helps to make the moassel taste stronger but also assumes me that I never worry about too much CO. Lastly I never smoke more then 90 minutes a day (60 minutes is normal) and that seems to me the best.

Sitting around smoking for several hours is a terrible idea. Lastly, I always smoke outside when I am home since I like hearing the sounds of the sea but if you are inside a place without excellent ventilation I suggest that you do the same.
Exellent post

Many of your ideas is great...or all of them is good but depending on how you are as a person....but like your thinking...sad i hadnt got this insight before heh...

But actually are thinking alot more like your way now...
sometimes you need a pointer in life to get "real"....
and easy to just forget we do something bad with our bodys when times just goes by....
i actually never would even before this tell anyone to smoke for more then 2 hours...
which is a alot but i just mean i had my limits before but sometimes before the limits are "real" it is easy to forget them in good times....
therefor post like yours is very important....
giving a good way to smoke without doing it dangerous....
good tips to stay decently healthy why doing something you really like and appriciate....

And posts like kalutikas, scoops, photolingers,Buddhizzles and the others are as good giving us disscusion and good insight from real people......

really much thanks for your post and keep it up
Watch and comment!
Old October 26th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Hookah Nut
Send a message via AIM to slydevil13

Dam, hope you feel better real soon.
Old October 26th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Hookah Master

if you are smoking with deep breaths then your going to get sick, simple as that. when i smoke i take a normal depth of breath if not less (like how when your just sitting there breathing how you take probably 30-40% of your full lung capacity guestimate) i can smoke hours on end but i usually dont. i smoke 2 bowls in a night most usually unless i am hanging out with a lot of friends, lately ive been smoking one bowl a night cause ive been busy and dont have money to place another order with john, s i have to stretch out my coals even though i am out of some of my go to flavors

Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook