Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Best Hookah Available!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 27th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Bogalu
Banned

Default Best Hookah Available!

I have 200 bucks to spend on my hookah and I want it to be my last hookah. I want either a KM or Syrian. I hate to stir bad blood up but I want everyone who has experience from BOTH hookahs to chime in on there rig and why it was better then the other. Please don't give me "KM is the best!" because I'll just ignore you if you don't have a reason. I want the best performance and flavor! Looks are nice but its for me and me only so I don't care what my friends think of it cause they're not touching it. lol So let the war begin guys...
Old October 27th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Jemmay
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Jemmay Send a message via MSN to Jemmay Send a message via Yahoo to Jemmay Send a message via Skype™ to Jemmay
Default Re: Best Hookah Available!

Even with the best maintenance, parts of the hookah will start to wear out with years of use no matter how much you pay for it. Don't expect anything to last a lifetime in our consumerist society
Old October 27th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

I have not smoked out of a KM, however i have seen a few up close and they cant compare to the quality of the AF sryian hookahs. That bieng said.

Check out the Al Fahker Syrian hookahs. They are absolutely wonderful, and smoke very well. Solid rigs, no leaks.

As for the flavor, this is typically created by the tobacco. Not really affected by the hookah itself much. As long as you have the heat management right, and the right type of tobacco (naklah) or whatever you like to smoke. You will get the flavor.

Any type of hookah will work fine for you, as long as you look at the quality of the hookah overall. Meaning the welding, leaks, design of the stem (goes with welding) and purge. However, IMO the purge doesnt mean crap. So what if it takes a few seconds to purge. Im fairly green to this scene, but this is what i have read, and experienced, as well as gone by when i chose my hookah. I hope i have been atleast a little help to you.
Old October 27th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Hookahking72
Hookah Newbie

I absolutely love my KM! from the day i first got it up til now it has always smoked like a champ and has hit harder and better than any others that i have smoked. I highly reccomend looking to buy a KM Tri-Metal if possible because it has a copper down stem that is VERY heavy duty and will never corrode. KM is worth every cent you will spend for one. I also use a vortex bowl and phunnel bowl on it and the smoke is incredibly thick so i reccomend gettin one or the other if you dont already have one
Old October 27th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Bogalu
Banned

Well I heard Syrian Brass brings out the flavor. I know my hookah wont last forever but I want a good quality hookah that will give me the biggest possible draw and bring out the flavor as best as possible. My Mya is falling appart. I just want a 1 hose and a recommendation on the best washable hose on the market.
Old October 27th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Straykat
Hookah Nut

KM is the best!
Old October 27th, 2009, 02:16 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11029

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16049

Those are just on the first page. We should try to cut down on these types of threads - there's a sticky with all the information.
Old October 27th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Ignited
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayter View Post
I have not smoked out of a KM, however i have seen a few up close and they cant compare to the quality of the AF sryian hookahs. That bieng said.

Check out the Al Fahker Syrian hookahs. They are absolutely wonderful, and smoke very well. Solid rigs, no leaks.

As for the flavor, this is typically created by the tobacco. Not really affected by the hookah itself much. As long as you have the heat management right, and the right type of tobacco (naklah) or whatever you like to smoke. You will get the flavor.

Any type of hookah will work fine for you, as long as you look at the quality of the hookah overall. Meaning the welding, leaks, design of the stem (goes with welding) and purge. However, IMO the purge doesnt mean crap. So what if it takes a few seconds to purge. Im fairly green to this scene, but this is what i have read, and experienced, as well as gone by when i chose my hookah. I hope i have been atleast a little help to you.
This entire post is pretty accurate.
Old October 27th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Stuart123321
Hookah Nut

I literaly made the exact same thread not even 24 hours ago lol, try searching ;p
Old October 27th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Straykat
Hookah Nut

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16052
Best Hookah Available!
"lol So let the war begin guys..."

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16043
Worlds Best Hookah
"Let the games begin."

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11029
What hookah should I get sticky post
"Most importantly, there are many preferences in hookahs. At the end of this post please try to avoid posting one hookah vs another threads..."

Last edited by Straykat; October 27th, 2009 at 03:39 PM.
Old October 27th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignited View Post
This entire post is pretty accurate.
YAY ME!!! LMAO. I'm learning!!!
Old October 27th, 2009, 08:58 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

I do not back up brass because it brings out flavor better at all, I wouldn't say that, but I would say that i prefer hookahs with a tad bit of restriction because wide open hookahs seem to have more of a "hallow" flavor, if that makes any sense, its like the more focused smoke for me focuses the flavor on the palate. but this isnt something too many people on HP experience i feel.

i just like a heavier construction and solid brass ends up bringing that, also the brass rigs to me are just more attractive.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old October 28th, 2009, 01:03 PM
omgheyitskenny
Hookah Nut

Tamseh hands down
Old October 28th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Codeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolinger View Post
I do not back up brass because it brings out flavor better at all, I wouldn't say that, but I would say that i prefer hookahs with a tad bit of restriction because wide open hookahs seem to have more of a "hallow" flavor, if that makes any sense, its like the more focused smoke for me focuses the flavor on the palate. but this isnt something too many people on HP experience i feel.

i just like a heavier construction and solid brass ends up bringing that, also the brass rigs to me are just more attractive.
I totally agree with everything photolinger said here. I just recently bought a Temsah, and the first time I set it up the pull was entirely too easy/light. As a result, the smoke was thinner and less flavorful than I was accustomed to. Since then I've adjusted my set up a bit to add a little restriction and am much happier with the smoke (flavor and density).

To the OP - FWIW, before I bought my Temsah a couple weeks ago, I've been smoking the same no-name egyptian hookah for 7-8 years for ~$50, and there's nothing wrong with it now. Any well built hookah, regardless of brand, will last you a good long time as long as you take care of it. A $200 hookah by KM will be of the same quality as a $100 hookah from KM, just bigger and fancier. Keep that in mind when making your decision...
Old October 28th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Bogalu
Banned

Is Tamseh another word for an AF hookah or syrian? I feel like a noob now.

Anyway I would rather restrict airflow from my bowl than hookah. After all thats what the point of the foil is right? Anyway I want a full throttle no restriction hookah, I already have a mya that has slight restriction and I hate it.

FYI guys I just bought a Vortex glass, metal, and clay bowl. I'll be doing a review on that as soon as I get it.

The KM i'm thinking about getting is the most custom KM I've ever seen. Nobody has ever seen anything like it. Although even with my discount from the owner its still costing me like 165 bucks. and he knocked off like 65 bucks for me. Trust me once I put up pics of it you'll know what I mean by custom. Its soooo beautiful. I stare at it every day at work from its pictures, I think this is how you feel right before someone addopts a child. lmao
Old October 28th, 2009, 03:00 PM
joevincett
Hookah Pro

Tamseh is an Egyptian brand and supposedly some of the parts are made from the same manufacturer as Khalil Mamoon. I'm pretty sure it means crocodile in Arabic, or alligator. One of the two.

I'm sure someone on here has the hookah you're talking about haha. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old October 28th, 2009, 04:28 PM
foibled
Hookah Pro

Man, the brand name spelling is more jacked up than KM! :lol:

Thamesh, Temsah, and Temsaah have all been used by Hookah Company. IMO Temsaah is the most accurate based on how I've heard it pronounces but Temsah seems to be the common spelling everybody is adopting.

Hopefully HC gets the rest of their Temsaah line up online as their webguy is back.
Old October 29th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Bogalu
Banned

So which is better quality? Temsaah or KM?
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook