Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Give me the run down on Tangiers.

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 27th, 2009, 10:33 PM
shawnwhyte
Hookah Pro

Default Give me the run down on Tangiers.

I know all about Tangiers needing acclimation, the whole humidity shock and such, but what I don't really know is the different types of Tangiers. I've been interested in trying it, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. Not knowing all the facts is part of it.

Fill in the blanks ha

Tangiers: _______________

Tangiers Lucid: __________

Tangiers Noir:

And then once this is answered, you all can feel free to turn this thread into an all out tangiers appreciation thread.

On a side note, when I first moved into my house in Philadelphia, I found nearby bar that serves Mediterranean food and the name of the place is Tangier, and I really hoped that it also had hookah, but no dice. Would have been nice. Like sugar and spice. And rhyming.

Last edited by shawnwhyte; October 27th, 2009 at 10:43 PM.
Old October 27th, 2009, 10:55 PM
ByronSA
Hookah Pro

Default Re: Give me the run down on Tangiers.

tangiers noir is the regular line of tangiers.
tangiers lucid is a less nicotine version.
there's also tangiers f-line which is a caffeinated version of noir ( i just got some in today so i'm going to give it a try tomorrow after i acclimate it)
Old October 27th, 2009, 11:03 PM
shawnwhyte
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronSA View Post
tangiers noir is the regular line of tangiers.
tangiers lucid is a less nicotine version.
there's also tangiers f-line which is a caffeinated version of noir ( i just got some in today so i'm going to give it a try tomorrow after i acclimate it)
Ah, ok, so noir is just the normal version. And I thought I saw someone mention that lucid didn't need the same treatment as noir? Or maybe I read something wrong somewhere.
Old October 27th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

I have only tried a few types. My buddy brought them. So i have no idea about acclimation. I have just found for me personally, it gives me a really nice head change the entire bowl. And all of the flavors have a slight sour tangy flavor in the background.
Old October 28th, 2009, 12:16 AM
opticalshadow
Banned

noir and f-line both require accimilation, noir is their normal(also known as OG) and F-Line is a caffinated mix.

Lucid is their washed mix, it does not require accimilation and can be smoked like a regular shisha.
Old October 28th, 2009, 12:19 AM
shawnwhyte
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by opticalshadow View Post
noir and f-line both require accimilation, noir is their normal(also known as OG) and F-Line is a caffinated mix.

Lucid is their washed mix, it does not require accimilation and can be smoked like a regular shisha.
Ah, that's what I thought. Thank you.
Old October 28th, 2009, 12:21 AM
flippy
Hookah Enthusiast

Lucid is pretty good, I have Maraschino Cherry its a good flavor.
Old October 28th, 2009, 12:24 AM
shawnwhyte
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by flippy View Post
Lucid is pretty good, I have Maraschino Cherry its a good flavor.
So obviously Lucid has less of a buzz, but is there a difference in juice/flavor/etc?
Old October 28th, 2009, 12:37 AM
opticalshadow
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnwhyte View Post
So obviously Lucid has less of a buzz, but is there a difference in juice/flavor/etc?
i dont think theres a diff in the juicieness, they were both very wet. lucid does have a much more tame buzz, falvor...ive never actually had a noir flavor that i also smoked with lucid, i dont think the flavor woudl change to much, more or less the smoke itself changes, if that makes any sense.
Old October 28th, 2009, 01:27 AM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

Quote:
i dont think theres a diff in the juicieness, they were both very wet. lucid does have a much more tame buzz, falvor...ive never actually had a noir flavor that i also smoked with lucid, i dont think the flavor woudl change to much, more or less the smoke itself changes, if that makes any sense.
Tangiers actually uses dry tobacco if I'm not mistaken, but I hear what you're saying and describing.. It's very viscous, I guess is a good word for it.

Tangiers Noir is my favorite molasses I've tried so far in terms of the fruity American flavors.
Old October 28th, 2009, 01:36 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

The lines actually are designated by letters.
Old October 28th, 2009, 01:51 AM
Demonix
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Demonix

Quote:
It's still at 0.3 nicotine
Old October 28th, 2009, 05:58 AM
abzy786
Hookah Enthusiast

Can tangiers noir be smoked out a standered edyptian bowl and how do i ackimate it

HP Feedback - http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...hlight=abzy786
Old October 28th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by abzy786 View Post
Can tangiers noir be smoked out a standered edyptian bowl and how do i ackimate it

Yes, but be prepared to clean your hookah very well afterwards.

Acclimating is just letting the air in the tobacco to balance out with the air around it. To do this all you do is lay the shisha out and dont close it's container. I would say 12 hours is more than enough for anything.
Old October 28th, 2009, 09:05 AM
abzy786
Hookah Enthusiast

Would i have 2 aclemate it diffrentley in the uk

HP Feedback - http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...hlight=abzy786
Old October 28th, 2009, 09:11 AM
ByronSA
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Would i have 2 aclemate it diffrentley in the uk
the only difference is the amount of time you'll have to leave it out. i usually leave it out for around 6 hours or so. if you can smoke it just fine after that then it's good, but i don't know what your requirements are so i can't say exactly. it's more of a trial and error thing. what i do is break out a piece of foil then spread out the tobacco on the foil and leave it out and you should be good
Old October 28th, 2009, 01:35 PM
foibled
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnwhyte View Post
Quote:

All three may require acclimation just like any other brand that uses glycerine as a base. Noir & F-Line require it more often because of their very low water content. Lucid is also low water content but doesn't seem to require acclimation as often. When I compare Lucid next to Noir, both are juicy but Noir seems to be more oily and Lucid more watery (thinner, less viscous juice). FWIW, I smoke a lot of Tangiers and never acclimate.

F-Line has been discontinued so if you would like to try it, buy whatever you can find.

When Lucid was created the flavor formulas did not change from Noir. Not all Noir flavors are available in Lucid because the formulas don't translate well. Green Tea and Chocolate Cherry work in Lucid but not well in Noir which is why they are Lucid only. As for flavor/smoke, Noir > Lucid in every instance I've tried both in. I think of Lucid as a Diet Noir or Noir Light.

It's best to store Tangiers in a shallow container as to minimize separation of flavors. Stir the hell out of it before packing a bowl and don't just take from the top. Also, Tangiers is less dense than other brands so it needs to be packed tighter.

Last edited by foibled; October 28th, 2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old October 28th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Seanzo
Hookah Nut

im glad this thread was put up i just ordred some tangiers for the first time
Old October 28th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Bogalu
Banned

I only smoke tangiers. I go through about 2 kilos a month of it. I love the stuff. I never tried lucid and don't want to. I don't get buzzed off it anymore which is a shame but it still calms me down. Which is needed otherwise I'd flip out on my gf much more than I already do. lol Either way if your interested the best flavor I have ever had from tangiers is lemon. It smells and tastes just like lemonheads. lol The grapes are good, and by grapes i mean grape and white grape, also the cherries (cherry machiato, kashmir cherry) are extremely strong, I think cherry machiato is the strongest stuff tangiers has. I've talked to Eric (Owner and creator of Tangiers) and he has told me that not all of his tobacco is created equal and that cherry machiato has a little bit higher NIC count then most others. So if you want something to floor you... if you can handle it... get cherry machiato. lol
Old October 28th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

^^^^ Eminem? but what does this have to do with tangiers?
Old October 28th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Gurilla79
Hookah Nut

if u want the flavor of lucid to come out more let it sit like noir but just for 30 mins i had some orange soda that i did that to and it was amazing 2 hours of great flavor
Old October 28th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Seanzo
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayter View Post
^^^^ Eminem? but what does this have to do with tangiers?
yeah this is the reason not to have 2 tabs of hookahpro open at any one time lol edited to save my dignity curse you hayter i wasnt quick enough lol
Old October 28th, 2009, 03:25 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Tangiers actually clears ghost flavors out of your pipe.
Old October 28th, 2009, 03:29 PM
opticalshadow
Banned

Quote:
you can but liek above it will wreck hell on the cleaning job, tang in all lines are a very wet shisha and your ganna be pulling all of it though your stem, so get some hot water and a good brush out, and do not let the hookah sit unused after doing this. may be a good idea to change water after the session aswell.
Old October 28th, 2009, 03:55 PM
foibled
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Sure it can. How do you think it was smoked before Eric made the phunnel bowl?

Actually, the reason why Tangiers is cut the way it is and why it's less dense is originally to make it smoke better/more consistent using a traditional bowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sui View Post
Yes, but be prepared to clean your hookah very well afterwards.
Quote:
you can but liek above it will wreck hell on the cleaning job, tang in all lines are a very wet shisha and your ganna be pulling all of it though your stem, so get some hot water and a good brush out, and do not let the hookah sit unused after doing this. may be a good idea to change water after the session aswell.
Actually I find cleaning up residual juice from Tangiers to be much easier because the glycerine & oils keep dry particulates from caking/sticking to internal surfaces. Many times it just requires running warm/hot water through and little to no scrubbing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogalu View Post
I only smoke tangiers. I go through about 2 kilos a month of it. I love the stuff. I never tried lucid and don't want to. I don't get buzzed off it anymore which is a shame but it still calms me down. Which is needed otherwise I'd flip out on my gf much more than I already do. lol Either way if your interested the best flavor I have ever had from tangiers is lemon. It smells and tastes just like lemonheads. lol The grapes are good, and by grapes i mean grape and white grape, also the cherries (cherry machiato, kashmir cherry) are extremely strong, I think cherry machiato is the strongest stuff tangiers has. I've talked to Eric (Owner and creator of Tangiers) and he has told me that not all of his tobacco is created equal and that cherry machiato has a little bit higher NIC count then most others. So if you want something to floor you... if you can handle it... get cherry machiato. lol
Cherry machiato? Do you mean Maraschino Cherry?

All Noir is made using the same tobacco blend. All Lucid is made using the same washed tobacco blend. Eric does not use nicotine additives for specific flavors. Flavors may smoke differently and affect nicotine curves (acclimation can do the same) but the amount of nicotine in the tobacco is the same.

Maraschino Cherry is one of the strongest of Tangiers in terms of flavor. Are you sure you did not misunderstand what he said?
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook