Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Buying a hookah in 2 days, KM or Temsaah?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 29th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Bogalu
Banned

Default Buying a hookah in 2 days, KM or Temsaah?

I was just about to place an order for a Temsaah brass hookah when I seen the pic of it and it showed it had an enclosed common chamber with 2 holes on the bottom which would be extremely difficult to clean wouldn't it? Help me out here guys. I want a hookah that I can clean very easily. Is all KM's and Temsaahs built this way?
Old October 29th, 2009, 12:32 PM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988
Default Re: Buying a hookah in 2 days, KM or Temsaah?

It should be and probably is a traditional chamber, this is what you want . Common Plated usually have 4 holes on the bottom. Supposedly they are both built with the same parts and smoke basically the same so get what looks the best to you.
Old October 29th, 2009, 12:39 PM
annual
Hookah Nut

the only cleaning you do is to the base and to the stem, 2 brushes. havent needed to do any other.

tamseh btw from hookahcompany.
Old October 29th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

They are not difficult to clean. Only the first time .. that is when I shove a small cleaning brush in the hose port and purge port to clean them really good before first use. After that, I just rinse those ports with water, and concentrate on brushing the inside of the stem only.

I have Temsah and KM .. I like the KM better.

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old October 29th, 2009, 01:13 PM
opticalshadow
Banned

I love my KM!!!!

like sam said, i really only cleaned these holes when first bought, after that a rinse once ina while, mostly all about the stem.
Old October 29th, 2009, 01:20 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Doesn't seem to matter. I would personally go with a temsah because of the brass, and they seem to be a bit cheaper than brass KM's.

temsah brass hookahs have 2 holes in the traditional chamber, they lead directly to the purge and hose port. Common has no direct tubing at all. Open chambers (common) like myas are easy to clean, not much of a problem. Plated are impossible to clean.
Old October 29th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Bogalu
Banned

So I have varying opinions on KM vs Temsaah. I noticed that the brass temsaah I was going to get was plated and I want to be able to clean it so thats a no go. Are all Temsaahs plated or not?
Old October 29th, 2009, 01:29 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

How does plating affect cleaning? You just ram a brush down the tube and BAM.

Oh do you mean Plated chamber? Where'd you hear that?
Old October 29th, 2009, 01:30 PM
foibled
Hookah Pro

Why can't you clean a plated stem? Which Temsaah are you looking at?

Yes there a plenty of unplated Temsaahs. There are several that Hookah Company hasn't gotten up on the site yet either.
Old October 29th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Bogalu
Banned

NOOOOOOOOOOO It has a plated CHAMBER. It was a hookah john hookah. never quite seen anything like it. Looks beautiful and I'd love to have it but just cant convince myself to by something I cant clean.
Old October 29th, 2009, 01:34 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Why has no one else said this? Maybe I haven't heard it cause i don't watch the videos. but I've never seen it mentioned before on the forums. I doubt they are though..
Old October 29th, 2009, 01:40 PM
uk_shisha_king
Hookah Nut

Well most hookers have to be cleaned in the same way especially the temseh and thr kms, unless you go for the modern hookahs that sahara smoke sell coz thr parts can be unscrewed, cleaned and then screwed back together again.

But if you have to choose between a temseh and a km them buy the km coz thr temseh is not of high quality. Check out te reviews that members put up, there really good.
Bogalu
Banned

IDK silk. Check it out for yourself...[IMG]http://www.**********.com/images/Temsah%20WorldCup%20Downstem.jpg[/IMG]
foibled
Hookah Pro

Plated chamber? I have yet to see a Temsaah with a plated chamber and I've examined a lot of them. They are all traditional chambers (formed & hollow). Cleaning is not an issue because water or smoke never gets in the hollow heart unless there is a leak in the hose/purge tubes or soldering.
Old October 29th, 2009, 01:41 PM
foibled
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogalu View Post
IDK silk. Check it out for yourself...[IMG]http://www.**********.com/images/Temsah%20WorldCup%20Downstem.jpg[/IMG]
That's a traditional chamber.
Old October 29th, 2009, 01:42 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
that looks very traditional to me.
Old October 29th, 2009, 01:42 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by foibled View Post
Plated chamber? I have yet to see a Temsaah with a plated chamber and I've examined a lot of them. They are all traditional chambers (formed & hollow). Cleaning is not an issue because water or smoke never gets in the hollow heart unless there is a leak in the hose/purge tubes or soldering.
And even then you aren't even smoking from that part anyway.
Old October 29th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Bogalu
Banned

Well this Temsaah is solid brass stem. and ways another 1 pound more than the heaviest KM stem does. So therefor this hookah is of BETTER value pound for dollar then a KM is. but can that be cleaned? It reminds me of my crappy chinese inhale hookah. lol
Old October 29th, 2009, 01:46 PM
CypherEnigma
Hookah Pro

I have a Temsah and its most certainly traditional chamber. The chamber doesn't affect the way you clean it really. The downstem is what accumulates the garbage anyways.

36" Al Falkher Solid - 36" KM Copper Heart Two Hose - 22" Temsah Mini-Wheat(a.k.a. Golden Nugget)
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Your chinese inhale hookah was made of aluminum and most likely lead - not to mention the amount of Communism that went into making it. It had to tiny holes in it, but those holes were not openings of tubes that lead to the hose port and purge valve - these holes lead straight to a gaping cavern of nothingness where flavor collects and where you will never, ever reach.
Bogalu
Banned

And last but not least can someone tell me why brass is better than what is standard(Steel is it?)?
Old October 29th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Bogalu
Banned

Does a temsaah world cup smoke as well as a KM does? I know I've heard they are from the same manufacturer but I don't want any restriction.
Old October 29th, 2009, 01:51 PM
foibled
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk_shisha_king View Post
Well most hookers have to be cleaned in the same way especially the temseh and thr kms, unless you go for the modern hookahs that sahara smoke sell coz thr parts can be unscrewed, cleaned and then screwed back together again.

But if you have to choose between a temseh and a km them buy the km coz thr temseh is not of high quality. Check out te reviews that members put up, there really good.
Yes, always thoroughly clean your hookers!

Temsaah material quality is on par with KM as they get their castings from the same source. The first waves of them came in with inconsistent build quality. Not all were bad though and I think forum reviews and opinions have made them out to be worse than they really were. The person bringing them in has been on them about it though and each wave of them gets better and better in terms of consistent finishing.

KM is currently going the opposite direction. Build quality seems to be becoming more and more inconsistent from what I've seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
temsah brass hookahs have 2 holes in the traditional chamber, they lead directly to the purge and hose port. Common has no direct tubing at all. Open chambers (common) like myas are easy to clean, not much of a problem. Plated are impossible to clean.
Personally I think the cast open chambers of Myas are very difficult to clean after the stem has been used for sometime. This is because of the very rough finish that the sand casting leaves on the interior surfaces. Eventually so much gunk builds up in there it becomes impossible to clean it all out. I've grinding mine out smooth but there are areas in there that cannot be reached with a grinder.
Old October 29th, 2009, 01:53 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
And last but not least can someone tell me why brass is better than what is standard(Steel is it?)?

I like brass because the hookah feels sturdier, isn't made completely of junkyard scrapmetal, and seems to last MUCH longer than the steel hookahs.
Old October 29th, 2009, 01:54 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by foibled View Post
Yes, always thoroughly clean your hookers!

Temsaah material quality is on par with KM as they get their castings from the same source. The first waves of them came in with inconsistent build quality. Not all were bad though and I think forum reviews and opinions have made them out to be worse than they really were. The person bringing them in has been on them about it though and each wave of them gets better and better in terms of consistent finishing.

KM is currently going the opposite direction. Build quality seems to be becoming more and more inconsistent from what I've seen.

Personally I think the cast open chambers of Myas are very difficult to clean after the stem has been used for sometime. This is because of the very rough finish that the sand casting leaves on the interior surfaces. Eventually so much gunk builds up in there it becomes impossible to clean it all out. I've grinding mine out smooth but there are areas in there that cannot be reached with a grinder.
I have found that vinegar works well, but you are of course correct, my 3 yr old mya just tastes like 1001 Nights now - after vinegar/baking soda/dishwasher multiple times. That rough brass sucks.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook