Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

tasting like coals

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 3rd, 2009, 08:22 AM
roadhog
Hookah Newbie

Default tasting like coals

after about 30minutes my bowl starts to taste like coals, the flavor disappears and it tastes like coals.anyone know what this could be? is it becuase the shisha is cooking to quickly due to to much heat, or not enough heat? i normally smoke either AF or nakla. i here how people have hour long sessions ect but mine never seems to last more than 30-40minutes

Thanks
Old November 3rd, 2009, 08:37 AM
Bogalu
Banned

Default Re: tasting like coals

I would say to make sure to mix your tobacco up in its container before you load your bowl so that you don't just load the dry tobacco, if you do then it will burn fast and without flavor. Also you might want to check your water level, if its not filtering through the water it will taste awful. Make sure the water is 1 inch above the downstem. Although I truthfully believe you just need to mix your tobacco up is all. Try it and let us know how it turns out.
Old November 3rd, 2009, 09:11 AM
roadhog
Hookah Newbie

i do already mix my tobacco up very well before i pack a bowl, i also have my water pretty high up the stem, probably about 1,5 inches id say. thats why its confusing me that my sessions dont last long an start to taste of coals afteer 30mins
Old November 3rd, 2009, 10:04 AM
joevincett
Hookah Pro

What kind of coals? Are they fully ashed over (no black, glowing red) before you put them on?
Old November 3rd, 2009, 10:08 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

What bowl are you using, if its a phunnel then thats suprising, but if its a egyptian bowl, i only get 40-50 mins out of mine.

Also im a smoker that takes a puff every couple of minutes, so if you take pulls constantly say 10 times a minute then the flavour will burn a lot quicker
Old November 3rd, 2009, 10:09 AM
roadhog
Hookah Newbie

i use abo alabed natural lemon wood coals, i always make sure the coals are fully ashed, the start of the session always tastes perfect, its only after about 30minutes that it start to taste like coals an then i have to stop becuase it tastes horrible
Old November 3rd, 2009, 10:35 AM
Dee
Hookah Pro

What size bowl? If it's a small egyptian or small Mya bowl, depending on how much tobacco you are using I would say 35-45 minutes of good flavor is about right.
Old November 3rd, 2009, 11:30 AM
roadhog
Hookah Newbie

yer i use an egyptian, and probably take a pull every 30 seconds lol so that probably explains the length of time my sessions last.
Old November 3rd, 2009, 12:31 PM
Jonz
Hookah Newbie

I only notice hints of the charcoal when I used the quick lite coals.. and only if I didn't make sure there were no black spots before I started using them.. I blow on the coals and make sure every part is red before putting them on.. and then I let them sit on top for a couple min before actually getting the tobacco lit.. seems to work good for keeping coal flavor out..

I'm using a small egyptian with a custom homemade thick foil top.. average hole pattern.. 18" egyptian hookah.. generic.. I pack the bowl medium tight.. all the way to the top..
Old November 3rd, 2009, 04:04 PM
Bogalu
Banned

Do you put about 2cm inbetween your foil and tobacco? IF you don't then the foil might be in contact with the tobacco causing it to burn a lot quicker then it rightfully should. All my friends make this mistake on a daily schedule. lol
Old November 3rd, 2009, 04:08 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

It may be that your coals are going out. Make sure that your coals are entirely lit and red all over.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook